Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Brave decisions by Hughton = massive 3 points!

Just so so pleased for the team right now! Kei Kamara wow his presence and his confidence just turned the game...he plays like he dosnt have a care in the world...and that I think was a big factor in the game turning. Ok it wasn''t a vintage performance but it would have been so easy for Hughton to go with one up front against a good Everton posing real threats through fellani. Although playing Hoolahan out of position didnt work it was certainly a much more exciting game to watch. The scenes at the end where the coaches hugged each other was incredible and you could sense that a weight had been lifted. One very happy Norwich fan right now!

Not vintage?

I think Norwich were very good value for money.

Apart from their goal which was a good into the box similar to kei''s goal. Everton didn''t look like scoring a second.

The team out there today barring becchio should be on the bench and kei starting. Should start every game from now.

Keep that tool tettey out of the side. We played much more positive with out the holding midfielders.

Keep the 4-4-2 going!!!

2 more wind required!

[quote user="alartz"]Not vintage?

I think Norwich were very good value for money.

Apart from their goal which was a good into the box similar to kei''s goal. Everton didn''t look like scoring a second.

The team out there today barring becchio should be on the bench and kei starting. Should start every game from now.

Keep that tool tettey out of the side. We played much more positive with out the holding midfielders.

Keep the 4-4-2 going!!!

2 more wind required![/quote]

Are you for real?  

Does anyone think we should play with the 2 up top against Manchester United? I think we should be brave and take the game to them...how do you think howson did today? I think we missed tettey just my opinion though!

Yes Wiz I think a few will certainly share your sentiments, but the margins are so thin arent they....and this was certainly the game to really take the risk I feel as we were a goal down and were not going to run the risk of losing the point we had at the time, because at the time we had nothing. A couple of previous games where he could have perhaps done so I''m not really sure he had the bench to do it, plus these games were generally evenly balanced and a change could have lost us the one point we had, this is how I see it when looking at the bigger picture.   

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Does anyone think we should play with the 2 up top against Manchester United? I think we should be brave and take the game to them...how do you think howson did today? I think we missed tettey just my opinion though![/quote]I don''t think Howson will be keeping Tettey out of the team.

I think today answered some questions but it also posed some more.

Do we now play with two up front in future, and if so which striker partners Grant Holt? Kei or Luca?

Play Pilks or Wes on the left?

Two holding midfielders or one?

Should we have a settled side regardless of who we are up against or do we mix it up depending upon the opposition?

The January transfers, while not setting the world alight at the time, now can be seen as the opportunity to change the system around, something we haven''t managed very well because we didn''t have the personnel capable of doing so.

I''d say Chris Hughton was far more astute in January than people gave him credit for.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]I think today answered some questions but it also posed some more.

Do we now play with two up front in future, and if so which striker partners Grant Holt? Kei or Luca?

Should we have a settled side regardless of who we are up against or do we mix it up depending upon the opposition?

The January transfers, while not setting the world alight at the time, now can be seen as the opportunity to change the system around, something we haven''t managed very well because we didn''t have the personnel capable of doing so.

I''d say Chris Hughton was far more astute in January than people gave him credit for.[/quote]I think you''re right on your last point, unfortunately the usual idiots will never see this.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]I think today answered some questions but it also posed some more.

I''d say Chris Hughton was far more astute in January than people gave him credit for.[/quote]I think you''re right on your last point, unfortunately the usual idiots will never see this.[/quote]
Quote of the day, sadly as you say the usual idiots ........... will never see it, or has one of the key protagonists already started to say how wonderfull Hughton is, not yet? Well it won''t be long,[:P]

Sorry - cant agree with you on this one.

He was promising enough earlier in the season. I do think he needed the rest he has been given though as his form did dip.

But he is athletic and strong and not afraid to shoot from distance...not a player to write off

[quote user="Wiz"] Maybe if Hughton had been braver in other home games we''d be safe by now..........but its a start.[Y][/quote]

More nonsense from Wensum Stand boy.

To achieve ''safety'' we would have had to achieve 43 points ''by now'' (West Ham were relegated with 42 points a few seasons back)

That would require us to have won all of our drawn home games and drawn one of our lost home games. A feat, points total and win number that is better than all other PL teams bar Man Utd.

Unfortunately, as with most other posts, this troll is so eager to cast a sideways dig at the club that he doesn''t bother to check his facts first. Perhaps it was all those years sitting in an open stand that has dulled brain or  caused his deepseated dislike of our club (either way the three open stands he remembered were only there a decade of more BEFORE he was born).

Todays win must have hurt badly

[quote user="City1st"]

[quote user="Wiz"] Maybe if Hughton had been braver in other home games we''d be safe by now..........but its a start.[Y][/quote]

More nonsense from Wensum Stand boy.

To achieve ''safety'' we would have had to achieve 43 points ''by now'' (West Ham were relegated with 42 points a few seasons back)

That would require us to have won all of our drawn home games and drawn one of our lost home games. A feat, points total and win number that is better than all other PL teams bar Man Utd.

Unfortunately, as with most other posts, this troll is so eager to cast a sideways dig at the club that he doesn''t bother to check his facts first. Perhaps it was all those years sitting in an open stand that has dulled brain or  caused his deepseated dislike of our club (either way the three open stands he remembered were only there a decade of more BEFORE he was born).

Todays win must have hurt badly

[/quote]

Plonker!

I''m so made up and happy tonight over this brilliant win that I''d even snog you........with tongues if you like![:D]