Palace a 1   Man U a 0      Saints h 3  Birm h 3

Man U h 0   Ports h 3       Charl a 1     Fulham a 1

So if I''m right, the bottom could look like this

Norwich 35

Palace   33

WBA     30 

Saints   27

What do you think?

cityangel, I love the way you think and I dearly hope you are right. I have a feeling though that Southampton may finish a bit higher but please, please prove me wrong! 

Come on you Yellows!

[quote]Saints WBA Palace Norwich WBA a 0 Saints h 3 Arsenal a 0 B/Burn a 1 Arsenal h 0 Chelsea a 0 Birm h 3 Man C h 3 Spurs h 1[/quote]

Angel if it pans out like that I for one will be bouncing off the walls!!  When I first looked at your final places I thought "Yeah right!  In your dreams!" But when I took a closer look at the results you had given us they are all perfectly achievable!  We''ve got to look at FCR and to win at home.  I couldn''t care less if we go a whole season without winning away!  Wins at home to Man City, Brum and Charlton are realistic.  If we can pick up the odd point away from home, excellent.

The only thing which worries me is the Saints.  I think ol ''Arry and his signings might work their magic.  I think they could scrape wins against clubs like Spurs and Boro.  I hope I''m wrong but out of the bottom 5 they are the team I''m most afraid of.

You don''t think Blackburn will be dragged in?

Yeah but....

As Southampton up until the last Couple of Seasons have always been 17th in the final table they have the necessary down and dirty tricks to stay up irrespective of who they are playing - normally they creep out of the relegation zone on the last day of the Season with an "unlikely" win - they are playing Manure that day so the stage is set for this already.

I think that of the current bottom four two will hit form as we have all improved - all four have four points out of the last twelve leaving the mini league unchanged for over a Month but the gap with 15 and 16 is shrinking - lets think the unthinkable and say that two of the four escape relegation

For two to escape we need someone else in the pot.

So who would that be?

Adding Blackburn in the mix is a problem as they have an "interesting" run in and could ultimately decide all of our fates.

The bottom four all have to play Chelski, Arse, Manure and Blackburn. whilst the first three will probably result in nil points for all of us Blackburns frailty could give rise to one or other side gaining an advantage - as we''re first out of the traps we need to succeed.

Based on current position in the league Blackburn play every club below 14th in their run in hence I think they will not be drawn in.

If Fulham are added then we will have major problems since we do not want a final day dogfight on our hands.

Birmingham - Believe the signings in the transfer window will see them maintain a safe level.

Pompey - possibly, Injuries and complacency may creep in - of the bottom four they have Southampton and WBA to play and have only achieved 4 points so far this year. - Whilst they have beaten Manure at home the balance of their victories have been against the "weaker" sides - they may struggle (even with a run in of mainly mid table clashes).

Newcastle/Villa/Man City...yeah right!

I''m making no predictions but expect the fat lady to be very fat by the time she sings!

So you think in the final 12 matches the only teams we will lose to home or away are the top three, and we''ll get something from all the other games? Including a 6 game unbeaten run at the end of the season - I can''t see it myself...

SaintsWBAPalaceNorwich
WBA a 1 Saints h 1Arsenal a 0B/Burn a 1
Arsenal h 0Chelsea a 0Birm h 1Man C h 1
Spurs h 3Birm h 3 Man u h 0Chelsea a 0
Middls a 0Charl a 0 Chelsea a 0Bolton a 0
Chelsea h 0Evert h 1Midds h 1Arsenal a 0
B/Burn a 1 Villa a 0Everton a 0Man u h 0
Villa h 3B/Burn h 1Norwich h 3Palace a 1
Bolton a 0 Spurs a 0B/Burn a 0 Newc h 3
Ports a 1 Midds a 0 L/Pool h 0 Charlt h 1
Nch h 3Arsenal h 0Newc a 0 Saints a 0
Palace a 1Man U a 0 Saints h 1Birm h 3
Man U h0 Ports h 3Charl a 0 Fulham a 0

Saints 32
Norwich 30
Wba 26
Palace 28
O dear that dont look to good hope im wrong.

[quote]Saints WBA Palace Norwich WBA a 1 Saints h 1 Arsenal a 0 B/Burn a 1 Arsenal h 0 Chelsea a 0 Birm h 1

Well we''ll just have to get something from those last 2 away games won''t we then - that''ll make it goal difference only if we draw both!!

Whatever way you look at it it''s got the potential to be a real nail-biting ride on the rollercoaster of the 2004/5 premiership Return!!

Ok so some of you have concerns about Southampton, fair enough, but tell me what your predictions are for them and how many points you think they can get, realistically.

Well cityangel for a start you cannot give Southampton 1 point for their away fixture at Palace and then give Palace 3 points for their home fixture with Southampton , it does not work like that

Another way for us to watch this. The mini-league. As of today, it''s: P W D L F A PTSBlackburn 0 0 0 0 0 15 8Palace 0 0 0 0 0 11 5Norwich 0 0 0 0 0 23 3Soton 0 0 0 0 0 15 2WBA 0 0 0 0 0 26 0Only the top two survive as you all already know.I wonder if someone can write some quick code to have us all predict what the remaining scores are in matches involving the bottom 5. then, take the average of all the predictions and see where this table ends up. then watch and see if it pans out.webteam? just take 2 mins right? .

> webteam? just take 2 mins right?

It''ll take longer to fill out the business plan forms.

Do I remember someone posting a link to a site which did a similar thing about this time last year?

Damnation ! We seem to have to play Chelsea away again ? ? ? 

Sorry I jest, but then will the appropriate amendment to a home match, influence you to award  us another 3 points then Susie ?

Also if these are fairly accurately predicted then a £1 win on each result might pay for my summer hols. Hmmm

£ £ £ £ £ £ £ !

[quote]Damnation ! We seem to have to play Chelsea away again ? ? ? Sorry I jest, but then will the appropriate amendment to a home match, influence you to award us another 3 points then Susie ? Also i...[/quote]

Whoops ! cancel Susie, insert City Angel,

[quote]Well cityangel for a start you cannot give Southampton 1 point for their away fixture at Palace and then give Palace 3 points for their home fixture with Southampton , it does not work like that[/quote]

premier 1,

Well spotted I did of course mean 1 point for Palace at home to Southampton which means that my total points now look like this

Norwich 35

Palace 31

WBA    30

Southampton 27

Gorleston Jim,

I did of course mean Chelsea at home but still predict 0 points for that one so that doesnt change anything.

Apologies for my errors on my original post ( it took me ages to do) but back to my question which of Southampton''s remaining games do you think they will get their points from because although as some of you point out they are playing well I still cant see them getting more than 8-10 max from the teams they have left.

That will only give them 27 points. Even if they beat us and Spurs at home and dont draw as Ive predicted it will be max of 31 points.

SaintsWBAPalaceNorwich
WBA a 3Saints h 0Arsenal a 0B/Burn a 1
Arsenal h 0Chelsea a 0 Birm h 1Man C h 3
Spurs h 1Birm h 0Man u h 0Chelsea a 0 
Middls a 0Charl a 0Chelsea a 0 Bolton a 0
Chelsea h 0Evert h 0Midds h 0Arsenal a 0
B/Burn a 1Villa a 1Everton a 1 Man u h 0
Villa h 0B/Burn h 1 Norwich h 1Palace a 1
Bolton a 1Spurs a 0B/Burn a 1Newc h 1
Ports a 1Midds a 0L/Pool h 0Charlt h 0
Nch h 0Arsenal h 0 Newc a 1Saints a 3
Palace a 1Man U a 0Saints h 1Birm h 1
Man U h 0Ports h 0Charl a 1Fulham a 3

Norwich: 33

Palace: 29

Southampton: 27

WBA: 19

Ok, this might seem a bit difficult to believe, but it''s not impossible! WBA are battered because of their loss to us, and think this is the final nail in their coffin. Southampton have a difficult run in, and I think they could struggle to get any victories beyond WBA. Palace are a good team, but have everyone difficult to still to play. I think they''ll struggle to get any more victories. We really do have the best run in - winable games, and provided we work our ass off, we can get the occasional point to make us survive.

OTBC it''s all to play for!!

Its not just about the mini league.  Leeds were top of the bottom 5 mini league last season by some margin yet still got relegated. 

No, we cant afford to lose many points to them but how we do against the likes of Citeh (NCFC are the ONLY tem not to have won live on sky yet this season...),  Charlton and Birmingham at home will define our likelihood of survival, so far this season we have tended to draw or lose these games (boro, fulham, liverpool, villa, blackburn) - convert them to wins and the pressure is on our rivals to do the same.

Likewise picking up the odd point against the top 4 would help - so far we only have 1 point from the top 7 teams and sit bottom of the league of the relegation candidates performances against the top four with nil points - every other side has picked up at least a point.

At the moment Southampton look good and likely to pick up points.  WBA look low on confidence but played some good football - hopefully their lack of self esteem will keep them down there.  Palace are going through a rough spell, as are blackburn, longmay it continue.  We look like scoring at last - the challenge is whether we can conceed fewer.

Every year there isone team at the bottom who puts together a run of 4/5 games unbeaten with 2/3 wins - it was portsmouth last season, its needs to be use this season, and not Soton. 

We may not have the ability in the squad to have that run of half a dozen games but, by using it to its best ability and with some luck (Flems goal on sat IS  a turning point for us I am sure of that)  on the pitch and with injuries, we have the passion and fight that can give us that run and get us out of the bottom 3. 

I dont know how the fixtures will pan out (the sort of guess work above must attract odd at the bookies of multi millions to one)but we will have almost weekly ups and downs, joy and despair before that fateful Sunday trip to Fulham.   Time for the real city fans and players to stand up and be counted.   

OTBC

Your analysis looks far more realistic Barclayendboy, I regret to say. And I think Saints might nick something against Man U on the last day as Man U will probably not have anything to play for and we know Fergie likes to rest his players when he can.

I couldn''t resist adding my forecast in and have included Blackburn too.

WBASaintsPalaceNorwichBlackburn
Saints h 1WBA a 1Arsenal a 0B/Burn a 1Norwich h 1
Chelsea a 0 

Here is my go.

WBA

Saints

Palace

Norwich

Blackburn

Saints h 1

Looking at the next couple of months and it heightens the importance of this saturday to me - imagine waht a win at Blackburn would do to them - brings them right into the mire with their next FOUR games on the trot against the teams 2-6 in the league. assuming someone else (including us) picks up points in that spell it really does have the look of a 5 horse race.

However if we lose on Saturday then Blackburn will just get that bit of breasthing space to help them through that tricky run of fixtures.

Oh to be a soothsayer eh, and will I have a voice left come 17.00 this saturday?

The last game of the season looks interesting

If Fulham are in danger of relegation it''s going to be another 12 pointer !

but if Fulham are safe at that stage and we need a win to stay up, I think we will get the 3 points

I''m  glad that I started this thread because its got you all predicting and its interesting to see everyone''s different opinions.But theres one thing that you''re all forgetting when you disaagree with mine.

Who won the prediction league last year?

Thats right, so have faith and trust me

[quote]> webteam? just take 2 mins right? It''ll take longer to fill out the business plan forms. Do I remember someone posting a link to a site which did a similar thing about this time last year?[/quote]

Think he meant 20 mins Vince

twtd always had a nice little league predictor at the end of the season, but sadly they''re simply not in our league this season (as it were).