Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Snowy : A Big Thankyou to everybody

Many thanks to everybody who posted a reply to me. It''s comforting to realise he touched so many people through this forum.People will say it''s a huge fuss to make over a silly old cat, after all it''s not like he was a human being. That''s true but in our house he was such a character that in my eyes he had the status of a person. We have had several cats and dogs over the years and I was fond of all of them in their own individual ways but I never developed such a bond as I had with Snowy. He was in the prime of his life and the Vet said he could find nothing overtly wrong with him. It seems he just went peacefully in his sleep.Three years ago I was ill and depressed and had been diagnosed with Lymphoma. He used to sit with me for hours purring away and in some strange manner he seemed to transfer a calmness to me that was like a therapy. In the same way he must have picked up on my love of football because he would sit and watch, seemingly fascinated by the movement of the ball and the players. I swear this is true, one day the word 1p5wich was mentioned and he jumped up pointed his ar$e at the screen and sauntered out of the room. At that moment I knew he was a soul-mate.So goodbye Snowy my wonderful little friend. I still well up at the thought of you but I know in the fullness of time I will smile when people mention your name.[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ricardo204/f4656f50-5c65-4a5b-8ed6-6ef52ec4d1bf_zps6485ba53.jpg[/IMG]Snowy 2004 - 2013  Much much more than just a Cat

Our thoughts are with you mate. Snowy seemed to have a football knowledge greater than most on this forum. Lets hope Snowy''s passing isn''t a sign of bad things to come for NCFC! RIP.

As a family we had a lot of cats over the years. The cats choose a family member they love the best and nothing will change their minds. Sounds like Snowy was your cat Rickyyyyyy. Or probably more to the truth you were Snowy''s person. That''s really special.

I had a bit of a snigger Ricardo when you said Snowy was human in your eyes.

I said something similar to our dog (Ellie) when I was a little worse for wear ''Your not a dog Ellie, you''re a little person'' Little did I realise that my son was eaves dropping. This story is recalled on a regular basis!!

As I said on the thread, Ellie died on Wednesday. It will take a long time to get over this but we both know we are lucky to have tremendous memories of our ''little humans''

That''s a touching tribute Ricardo - I''m not ashamed to admit it brought a tear to my eye.
Although we''ve never met, I almost feel like I knew you and Snowy from your match reports that I''ve read over the years...so I sincerely wish you well and back to your best soon.
All the best old cock...

I couldn''t do without my cat, Spats , either m8. You''re one of the guys, whose posts I''ve become very fond of. Hope you get over it soon and wish you all the best.

Agreed with the above posts.
I''m currently at a friend''s house up in Chester for the weekend, and as I was having a cigarette earlier, a 3 legged came and started making a fuss of me and looking for attention. My first thought was 3 legs = 3-0 to Norwich. Since reading your match reports across the years, and Snowy''s predictions, I fear that everytime I see a cat on a match day, I will automatically assume it''s some kind of feline Norwich omen rather than just seeing a cat. Snowy''s legacy lives on [:)]

[quote user="kick it off"]Agreed with the above posts.
I''m currently at a friend''s house up in Chester for the weekend, and as I was having a cigarette earlier, a 3 legged CAT came and started making a fuss of me and looking for attention. 
[/quote]
Oh for an edit button.

So sorry to hear the news Ricardo.

Have loved reading your match reports and the antics of Snowy with his predictions.

We''ve had cats in our family for as long as I remember and was fortunate enough to be adopted by two cats when I got a place of my own. They are as much a part of the family as humans and in some cases understand us better.

RIP Snowy

though you made a mistake in your original post by stating that it was not football related . surely Snowy was every much a part of Norwich City as each and every one of us. is there a chance of Son of Snowy anytime soon?

thoughts with you Ricardo.. we lost a cat last year.. our first ever family pet.. he just went out in the snow and we found him a few weeks later :(I often think of him, he was born 2 days before my daughter and they grew up together pretty much when we got him as a kitten...took in 2 cats last year and they have settled in well... Never nice to lose them.

Ricardo....I''ve never mentioned my own "Snowy" as in Pinkun forum terms there is only one and that is your dear cat. But I hope it may give you just a bit of cheer to know that our Snowy is a little Jack Russell terrier (named after Tintin''s dog). She sat on my knee today as we listened to the match. No predictions though but who could have with that final 10 minutes ! The result as the last few posters have said is a tribute to your cat.

Cats rule the roost at HC''s house, Ricardo. Our cats have silly names to begin with, and then nicknames on top of that. It hurts when a loved pet passes on. No shame in that. They''re always happy to see us, and never cause trouble (on purpose).

I don''t know where I would be without my fluffy companion. I would probably spend less on milk, but hey, purrin'' don''t come cheap.

RIP Snowy, and my best regards Ricardo.

Sorry to hear the sad new Ricardo. I''m 100% a cat person. Had mine for 18 years plus and dreading the day when she goes.Thoughts are with you!RIP Snowy! Cheers for the 3 points today!