Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Maggie Thatcher,Winston Churchill,Princess Diana......

Wiz,baldyboy,Rudolph Hucker,Highland Canary your views on Hughton sure took a beating today. [:D][:P][;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Indeed Tilly but you could argue that he did today what they have been calling for ie 2 up top and positive/early substitutions.
[/quote]

Yep. Holt and Morison with an early substitution of Jackson replacing Morison. Is that what you meant Danny?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]But for six minutes Tilly I wonder whether you would have been on here tonight defending Chris Hughton.[/quote]Why should anyone have to defend our manager?Its not like theres packs of idiots questioning his every move, despite the fact we won today.Oh, wait.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Indeed Tilly but you could argue that he did today what they have been calling for ie 2 up top and positive/early substitutions.[/quote]

Yep. Holt and Morison with an early substitution of Jackson replacing Morison. Is that what you meant Danny?

[/quote]I mean situations like losing 1-0 away at Newcastle and replacing Morison with Holt with 10 mins left.Holt and Moro were fine last year with the service of  442.Hughton has had 2 transfer windows Nutty so could have added more to the squad.

Blimey Til

I thought you were posting up a list of former season ticket holders at poorman road

Given that you told us HC, that we would finish in the bottom three what difference does any of this make ?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Indeed Tilly but you could argue that he did today what they have been calling for ie 2 up top and positive/early substitutions.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I mean situations like losing 1-0 away at Newcastle and replacing Morison with Holt with 10 mins left.

Holt and Moro were fine last year with the service of  442.

Hughton has had 2 transfer windows Nutty so could have added more to the squad.
[/quote]

With Bassong, Becchio, Bunn, Garrido, Kamara, Snodgrass, Tettey, Turner and Whittaker being the best of them I''d say they were the two most successful transfer windows ever.

Bassong is fast becoming one of my favourites of all time, what a player he is!! Hughton bashing seems to be the fashion at the mo.

He never makes a change early, he is negative, we need to play a different system BLAH BLAH BLAH

Hoolahan doesn''t create, Snodgrass isn''t direct, Tettey and Johnson can''t pass, Snodgrass is on the wrong wing, Tierney is better than Garrido, Holt is fat/past it/not up to it/ lazy because of a contract etc etc

I''ll throw it out there, we are safe. We were pretty close before today, Hughton has met his brief. Has Mancini met his? Or Wenger? Or Rodgers? Or chuffing Lambert?

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh don''t say that, it ruins his post.........written with hindsight of course.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Indeed Tilly but you could argue that he did today what they have been calling for ie 2 up top and positive/early substitutions.[/quote]

[/quote]Do you think Kamara had a good game Wiz?Not bad for a Yank nobody, eh?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think Kamara had a good game Wiz?

Not bad for a Yank nobody, eh?
[/quote]

He was ruddy excellent morty...........but then so was Cody Mac with his first goal.

I was wrong and out of order with the name calling, but judgement on his long term ability may take longer.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Do you think Kamara had a good game Wiz?Not bad for a Yank nobody, eh?[/quote]

He was ruddy excellent morty...........but then so was Cody Mac with his first goal.

I was wrong and out of order with the name calling, but judgement on his long term ability may take longer.

[/quote]*Wrong yet again.

Well on that game I think Wiz is right, last seasons defence was so much better. Hughton has missed a trick there and totally made it worse.

NOT!

Also when it comes to substitutions people have:

a) short memories

b) poor concept of the limitations of Jackson and Morison.

Kamara gave us the pace of Jackson coupled with the tenacity and desire of a brimming Holt. He is technically a superior player. Same with Becchio who is also a better option than Morison, although not as quick he has a better touch.

[quote user="chicken"]Well on that game I think Wiz is right, last seasons defence was so much better. Hughton has missed a trick there and totally made it worse. NOT! Also when it comes to substitutions people have: a) short memories b) poor concept of the limitations of Jackson and Morison. Kamara gave us the pace of Jackson coupled with the tenacity and desire of a brimming Holt. He is technically a superior player. Same with Becchio who is also a better option than Morison, although not as quick he has a better touch.[/quote]

Becchio is far more gifted at falling down (diving) and getting free kicks.............I''ll give you that.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I mean situations like losing 1-0 away at Newcastle and replacing Morison with Holt with 10 mins left.Holt and Moro were fine last year with the service of  442.Hughton has had 2 transfer windows Nutty so could have added more to the squad.[/quote]I think it''s clear the Hughton believes he didn''t have the quality to;* Play 4-4-2 His way.* Have quality on the bench to change a game. Holt & Moro worked up front sometimes last season. However this was playing the Lambert way. Hughton doesn''t play that way. On yesterday''s evidence, if you agree or not is irrelevant. He knows what he''s doing.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="chicken"]Well on that game I think Wiz is right, last seasons defence was so much better. Hughton has missed a trick there and totally made it worse. NOT! Also when it comes to substitutions people have: a) short memories b) poor concept of the limitations of Jackson and Morison. Kamara gave us the pace of Jackson coupled with the tenacity and desire of a brimming Holt. He is technically a superior player. Same with Becchio who is also a better option than Morison, although not as quick he has a better touch.[/quote]

Becchio is far more gifted at falling down (diving) and getting free kicks.............I''ll give you that.

[/quote]Why don''t you respond to the initial point on the defence, rather than looking for a new scapegoat / baseless rant / ramblings of a moron.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Why did he give Fox a new contract is he has no confidence in this permanent feature of his bench?[/quote]Ask him.Deal with facts. Perhaps Fox has fallen out of form / is injured / just doesn''t fit into how we are playing just now.Or, of course, you could just make up daft conspiracy theories about why Hughton is leaving an amazing player, who is bang on form, on the bench.Perhaps you need to realise that there is a lot happens at a football club that we are not party to, and accept Hughton isn''t the amateur you like to paint him as.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Why don''t you respond to the initial point on the defence, rather than looking for a new scapegoat / baseless rant / ramblings of a moron.
[/quote]

Because YOU changed the parameters and brought Becchio into the debate.[:S]

Hughton has vastly improved the defence, a few hammering a aside.

The down side of this is our defence away from home rates 17th out of 20.

The upside is, at home we have the7th best defence. Add to this overall five 0 - 0 draws and the frustration is clear. Not only have we lacked the spark to score goals: who was responsible for striker recruitment? But we also lack the numbers getting forward.

Up to yesterday our player with the second highest attempts at goal was defensive midfielder BJ, what does that tell you.

Where do most Norwich goals come from, and again yesterday? crosses. Apart from winning wide free kicks to cross how often have we been set up to cross in open play?

At least with Russ Martin getting forward there is now an option other than Snoddy cutting inside.

When we play with width and get players forwards we score. When we sit deep and play chess we end up with unrealised solid home defensive games and 0 - 0 away games.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Why don''t you respond to the initial point on the defence, rather than looking for a new scapegoat / baseless rant / ramblings of a moron.[/quote]

Because YOU changed the parameters and brought Becchio into the debate.[:S]

[/quote]But this was my first post in the thread.... I didn''t mention Becchio at all. So...Now, about that defence??