Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

We Should Have Won Two or Three Nil..."Moyes"

I''m sorry, but I can''t see how David Moyes can say that.

I know we all can be biased about our teams and you expect a bit of that, but you would think managers to at least tell an honest reflection of how the game went. For David Moyes to say they should have won 0-2 or 0-3....I just can''t see that, surely not even a neutral would say that.

They scored a perfectly good goal, we scored two goals.

If you don''t take your chances, you don''t win, it''s as simple as that. To imagine and dream about what you think the score should have been is just a pointless exercise and smacks of sour grapes.

Thoughts?

It seems even the decent managers don''t like being beaten by us and start talking absolute bollxxs.

I actually thought, Fellini apart, Everton were poor. They had at least as many misplaced passes that we achieved.

KK made all the difference. Pace and Power

If he doesn''t want the referee to add time on then maybe he should instruct his goal keeper to restart the game a little more promptly. Howard had been wasting time for 30 minutes.

Time added on is a minimum, so to complain about it going on 20 seconds extra is stupid. Besides, refs rarely if ever call a game during an attack. It''s generally done once a ball is cleared.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If he doesn''t want the referee to add time on then maybe he should instruct his goal keeper to restart the game a little more promptly. Howard had been wasting time for 30 minutes.[/quote]

I have never known Howard, not  to waste time when they are in front, but for Moyes to go onto the pitch and confront the ref  deserves a touchline ban. or 4 but no manager ever gives us credit when we out play them, and 2-1 means we out played them

I can see where he is coming from but they simply lacked any cutting edge - they had possession but failed to create enough - snograss and martin nullified baines and his only decent contribution lead to teh goal.

Had they had a cutting edge I agree with moyes - they could have been 2/3 up by the time kamara came on - but they were not, the rest is history an so we earned our points. :-)

Moyes was very unsporting at the end by not shaking the ref''s hand & I wonder if he would have been so vocal if it had been Everton getting the goal that deep into extra time? I suspect not.

Who cares what he thought anyway, the reality is that we won 2-1 & another step towards Premier football next season.

You can see why people like Fellani and Pineaar thrive under a unsporting prat like Moyes. He probably tells them to go out there and be cheap / win at all costs.The not shaking the ref''s hand over 16 seconds is cheap ! Maybe if Tim Howard had not wasted so much time we would only have had 2 minutes ? Or if the ref had done his job we would have had 6 giving the Evertons the chance to score the two or three more Moyes thought they deserved !