Sign in to follow this  
way out west

Tall People: Call to the Club to "Do Something"

Where I sit, there''s a particularly tall person who sits right in front of me and continually impedes my view of the game.I think the club should Do Something about this.  After all, it''s not natural, us Iceni are born what might be considered something on the short side so he must be an outsider, to boot!Perhaps the club could write to all tall people who attend games and ask them to desist from being tall?  I appreciate it''s a difficult issue, and it does put the club in a tricky position, but there just has to be a Safety Issue here.  How about in movers and shakers week, us normal sized people get a chance to move in front of Tall People?

What about average sized supporters with massive hair?

Maybe as a mark of respect they could rock a centre parting on match days.

As for the tall issue I think the answer is that the club measures every season ticket holder when purchasing there ticket then adjust there seat so everybody''s line of vision is equal.

Could even have a little remote which adjusts seat heights for casual supporters.

Hello. My name is Andy and I am 6''5". [:$]
In my defence, I haven''t always been tall, I was born quite short - but grew into it. It is selfish behaviour and I regret it, but wanted to get it off my chest.
I would hang my head in shame, but it wouldn''t achieve much...all you short-a***ed munchkins behind still wouldn''t see past me. [:P]

[quote user="Number 9"]Loopy, have you thought about joining the Circus?[/quote]
I did for a short period, but they had to let me go as I kept scaring the lions.
I''m now hoping to find regular employment in the wind turbine industry. [*-)]

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="Number 9"]Loopy, have you thought about joining the Circus?[/quote]

I did for a short period, but they had to let me go as I kept scaring the lions.

[/quote]

Similar height to you.

Do you find all those "lawn ornaments" who bring their fishing rods and wheel barrows get under your feet?[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="Number 9"]Loopy, have you thought about joining the Circus?[/quote]

[/quote]

Similar height to you.

Do you find all those "lawn ornaments" who bring their fishing rods and wheel barrows get under your feet?[;)]

[/quote]
Yes. Little people can be quite a nuisance. [Z]
Still, they''re kinda cute - funny little things scampering around all over the place. When their little faces are looking up to you don''t you feel all protective?
It''s not always been that way mind you. I was once attacked by a gang of dwarves on Great Yarmouth sea front. I had a couple of bruises to the lower half of my body next day, but was otherwise OK though. [Y]

I am 6'' 6" tall, and to all those vertically challenged, I would say ''get over it'', but then again, that would prove physically improbable, so, time for a re-think.

When I called the Club, to volunteer to sit on the back row, the screams could be heard 25 miles away, as they panicked, running round the office, and I am sure I heard the word ''freak'' more than once.

P.S I am going to wear a hat this afternoon, just thought I had better mention it.

Not gonna say nothing for fear of being ejected.  Perhaps we need to establish how tall Hoo''un and McNasty are.  I don''t think they''re un-naturally tall for non-Iceni.  Perhaps a question for Canary Call a la the Neil Adams and willy question.

Like in the case of the over 65''s last pre season and the under 21''s the season before that when proof of age had to be given at the box office before season tickets were issued i now understand that all fans will for the 2013/14 season have to provide medical evidence that they are a maximum height of 6 feet. Anybody on the waiting list who the club know or suspect to be in excess of 6 feet tall will be automatically removed. However those fans over the height limitation who have not bought a season ticket in recent years and who can produce 10 home ticket stubs from the last 20 seasons will be given a voucher for Yellows as a reward for their consideration towards the little people.

After Kamara ( aka Mr Stretchneck ) headed a ball at least 8 feet high without jumping off the ground and scored, there had been some discussion in the '' group '' concerning height.

Russell Martin has a 5m tape measure in his shed which hopefully will be long enough to measure Kamara''s height. Grant Holt suggested it would definitely not be big enough to measure something he had in mind.

We will await the results.

Now that''s all very well Tilly. But say if one of the little people lent one of their season tickets to one of the tall people resulting in the person behind''s view being obstructed. Who is responsible? In my view the tall person certainly shouldn''t be entitled to their yellows voucher but should the little person be allowed to keep his ticket?

Maybe Mr McNally could introduce a height levy like the £19 Academy ''contribution'' ? All tall people could pay £1 per inch over 6 feet for all home games.

I''m shocked and angered at the proposal to tax tall people.

Why can''t oompa-loompas use some initiative and bring a booster cushion to the game; or in more severe cases a periscope?

The club could sell officially licensed NCFC branded versions of said items to raise income, and to raise the supporters also.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Maybe Mr McNally could introduce a height levy like the £19 Academy ''contribution'' ? All tall people could pay £1 per inch over 6 feet for all home games.[/quote]

No worries then Beausant [:)]

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Maybe Mr McNally could introduce a height levy like the £19 Academy ''contribution'' ? All tall people could pay £1 per inch over 6 feet for all home games.[/quote]

No worries then Beausant [:)]

[/quote]

I feel a wrinkly old storm chaser moment coming on.[H]