Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City in plea to persistent standers

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="DanielHammond"]Stand if you want to stand, sit if you want to sit. It''s all a part of the game. I stand for 90 mins at the away games I go to which is most yet at the home games I sit for 90. There is no risk and the club won''t get any punishment otherwise most of the clubs in England would need to get fines as well![/quote]

This is the reasoning that I don''t understand Daniel. We had a thread about this last season and nobody could explain to me why it is that folk would behave differently in away games from the way they behave at home games.  I finally decided it must be the herd mentality, or some might say sheep, where people do whatever folk around them are doing to fit in. Or is there something I missed?

[/quote]No its because at away games the stewards can''t control them, there is no way a few stewards can effectively get 3000+ away fans to sit down. The typical away fan doesn''t want to sit.

As far as I am concerned anybody who persistently stands without considerng that they are blocking the view of others is just plain ignorant and totally selfish.  I have seen this happen a number of times at away games and the stewards have not always stopped it, or not been consistent about it.  They should.  I think it was at Bolton last season that there was a dispute much of the afternoon between a guy with 3 youngsters in tow and a couple of idiots who repeatedly blocked them out.  Fortunately other fans around him helped get these two reasonably under control, but it was ridiculously hard work and totally unnecessary. 

I would be very happy to see standing areas re-introduced because I can pick my spot to compensate for being on the short side.    I can not do that in seated areas, especially at away games where you get whatever the ticketing system gives you.  At Stoke last season I think we all stood throughout the game, which was probably a blessing as it was one of the worst games of football I''ve ever attended, but that''s not really the point.

Those who feel strongly about standing areas should lobby for it; I think one day it will happen.  Seating does dull the atmosphere and certainly does nothing to encourage chanting and singing.  You rarely see a choir perform seated. 

But in the meanwhile anybody who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart needs to heed the warnings and stop putting themselves first.    

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="DanielHammond"]Stand if you want to stand, sit if you want to sit. It''s all a part of the game. I stand for 90 mins at the away games I go to which is most yet at the home games I sit for 90. There is no risk and the club won''t get any punishment otherwise most of the clubs in England would need to get fines as well![/quote]

This is the reasoning that I don''t understand Daniel. We had a thread about this last season and nobody could explain to me why it is that folk would behave differently in away games from the way they behave at home games.  I finally decided it must be the herd mentality, or some might say sheep, where people do whatever folk around them are doing to fit in. Or is there something I missed?

[/quote]

No its because at away games the stewards can''t control them, there is no way a few stewards can effectively get 3000+ away fans to sit down. The typical away fan doesn''t want to sit.
[/quote]

This is absolute tosh. You have already told us of your sheep mentality. If all the fans who want to stand at away games stood at home games the stewards would have exactly the same problems at both. When you were a kid and played follow the leader I bet you were never in the front.....

It seems quite simple,This isn''t about the club wanting to ruin fun and/or atmosphere - it''s if people stand, the club will be sanctioned by the FA.Why would people actively try and make that happen?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]No its because at away games the stewards can''t control them, there is no way a few stewards can effectively get 3000+ away fans to sit down. The typical away fan doesn''t want to sit.[/quote]

This is absolute tosh. You have already told us of your sheep mentality. If all the fans who want to stand at away games stood at home games the stewards would have exactly the same problems at both. When you were a kid and played follow the leader I bet you were never in the front.....

[/quote]Do you only have a belittling mentality.

[quote user="Captain Obvious"]It seems quite simple,This isn''t about the club wanting to ruin fun and/or atmosphere - it''s if people stand, the club will be sanctioned by the FA.Why would people actively try and make that happen?[/quote]"We stand when we want, we stand when we want, were the snake pit we stand when we want"says it all really.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No its because at away games the stewards can''t control them, there is no way a few stewards can effectively get 3000+ away fans to sit down. The typical away fan doesn''t want to sit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you only have a belittling mentality.
[/quote]

Towards you maybe because anybody who calls someone a cnut from behind their keyboard deserves it. But you could redress that a bit by expaining why you behave differently home and away.

Nutty - I honestly don''t know why this is. It could be this "sheep" mentality but for me this is the way it''s always been. Unless of course were getting beaten 5-0 (Fulham,Liverpool) then ill quite happily sit down and shut up!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]No its because at away games the stewards can''t control them, there is no way a few stewards can effectively get 3000+ away fans to sit down. The typical away fan doesn''t want to sit.[/quote]

[/quote]Do you only have a belittling mentality.[/quote]

Towards you maybe because anybody who calls someone a cnut from behind their keyboard deserves it. But you could redress that a bit by expaining why you behave differently home and away.

[/quote]I''m sorry if you don''t like my opinion of you. 

[quote user="DanielHammond"]Nutty - I honestly don''t know why this is. It could be this "sheep" mentality but for me this is the way it''s always been. Unless of course were getting beaten 5-0 (Fulham,Liverpool) then ill quite happily sit down and shut up!![/quote]

Danny, you hit the nail on the head saying that''s how it''s always been and I''m sure it has always been like that for youngsters. And that''s a brilliant answer buddy. The best I have ever had on the subject. We all do things because that''s what we''ve always done. Even when they don''t make sense we don''t always question them. But it can''t always be like that. It has to change.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry if you don''t like my opinion of you. 
[/quote]

I don''t mind your opinion of me Che. It doesn''t matter a jot. What I don''t like is the way you behave from behind your keyboard. Calling people a cnut from such a safe place says more about you than it does me. But then so far we''ve established that you''d like to be a Barclay Boy but your mum still makes you sit with her in the River End. Then when you go away and mummy can''t see you pretend you are a Barclay Boy. I think next time I see her I may just tell her what you get up to on your travels......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][Do you only have a belittling mentality.[/quote]

[/quote]I''m sorry if you don''t like my opinion of you.  [/quote]

I don''t mind your opinion of me Che. It doesn''t matter a jot. What I don''t like is the way you behave from behind your keyboard. Calling people a cnut from such a safe place says more about you than it does me. But then so far we''ve established that you''d like to be a Barclay Boy but your mum still makes you sit with her in the River End. Then when you go away and mummy can''t see you pretend you are a Barclay Boy. I think next time I see her I may just tell her what you get up to on your travels......

[/quote]You do make me laugh. Its okay for you to insult people as long as you''re polite and discrete about it, cleaver insults with word play is your game. I''m sorry if my direct/blunt insult caused offence, I had to rearrange the letter otherwise the filtering software would of *''rised the unpleasant word tut tut. And nutty your wrong my mummy don''t like football, I guess should would be appalled with my language like all mothers would and PS my mother doesn''t like bullies either.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry if you don''t like my opinion of you. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

You do make me laugh. Its okay for you to insult people as long as you''re polite and discrete about it, cleaver insults with word play is your game. I''m sorry if my direct/blunt insult caused offence, I had to rearrange the letter otherwise the filtering software would of *''rised the unpleasant word tut tut. And nutty your wrong my mummy don''t like football, I guess should would be appalled with my language like all mothers would and PS my mother doesn''t like bullies either.
[/quote]

So you would walk up to someone in a random bar and address them in that fashion would you? This place is for opinions. If all opinions were the same it would be no use. But you want to state your opinion and not debate it. If it''s challenged you behave like a moron. Daniel seems to be able to debate things properly why can''t you?

[quote user="Herman "]I take it nobody sat down in the last ten minutes today. How was the stewarding?[/quote]

In the Barclay we were requested to sit several times which pretty much everyone did when asked. Still stood for a lot of the game during those allowed periods of excitement but we knew the score and played ball yesterday.

[quote user="Bws cat the third"]Harry and baldyboy to charge into this thread flags flying high and proud in 3, 2, 1....[/quote]I just love getting mentioned on here by annoying twonks who know f all about me.