Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City in plea to persistent standers

[quote user="lappinitup"]If everybody sits, everybody can see......

It just takes one standing to create a reverse domino effect.....

You can sing or shout just as loud whether you''re sitting or standing.....

Standing is very selfish with no regard to other peoples enjoyment.....

Eject those standing at the front and those behind won''t need to stand.....

If they''re ejected a second time, cancel their ST''s and make them go on the waiting list if they want to return.

[/quote]

well said... its all seater and until that changes all persistant standing does is ruin it for the less abled... some people need to grow up.

My biggest beef about this story is why here and why now.  Let it get sorted at one of the bigger clubs first, where there is just the same problem.  But no, let''s put pressure on lil ole Norwich, then use them as the test case.  If it can''t be applied at Old Trafford or Etihad, then it shouldn''t be applied to Norwich.  C''mon McNally, ask the bloody Safeguarding unit to talk to other clubs'' equivalent organisations before you accpet them into Carra Rudd.  Are you man or mouse - beginning to think the latter.

No they haven''t said it''s a silly idea. It''s just that there''s a lot of silly people.

Whether or not clubs in the future can have safe standing areas is not the ishoooo. The present dictates that the club has to abide by the rules in the ground regulations. If you think shoft lifting should be made legal then there''s no point in expecting the police not to arrest you until you get the law changed.

"i''m spartacus"]

"lappinitup"]If everybody sits, everybody can see......It just takes one standing to create a reverse domino effect.....You can sing or shout just as loud whether you''re sitting or standing.....Standing is very selfish with no regard to other peoples enjoyment.....Eject those standing at the front and those behind won''t need to stand.....If they''re ejected a second time, cancel their ST''s and make them go on the waiting list if they want to return.

well said... its all seater and until that changes all persistant standing does is ruin it for the less abled... some people need to grow up.

Has anyone complained they can''t see?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Does anyone else know how other Prem clubs enforce this ruling for home fans? ''Too'' strict or slack?

[/quote]

Sunderland suspended the season tickets and taped the seats up.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

Does anyone else know how other Prem clubs enforce this ruling for home fans? ''Too'' strict or slack?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah but they don''t have a ridiculous hotel in the corner making them hard done by in the first place[:''(]

Our club never consider us fans. Just take us for granted and ride rough shod all over us. It''s time we left our seats and made a stand[:@]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

[/quote]Sunderland FC offy site 26-12-2012......."Supporters may have noticed increased stewarding in areas where

persistent standing has become and issue and this has led to 38

supporters being ejected from the stadium for failing to comply with

requests to remain seated."

Has anyone complained they can''t see?

Would it make a difference or would anybody listen if they did?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No they haven''t said it''s a silly idea. It''s just that there''s a lot of silly people.

Whether or not clubs in the future can have safe standing areas is not the ishoooo. The present dictates that the club has to abide by the rules in the ground regulations. If you think shoft lifting should be made legal then there''s no point in expecting the police not to arrest you until you get the law changed.

[/quote]Your life time ambition must be to be a cnut [/quote]

Some of the posters on this board never cease to amaze me with their clever ways to disguise an insult they wouldn''t dare use in person. Well done Che[Y]

[/quote]What like this "Get off your ar5e5 and campaign for safe stadning if your so passionate about it instead of bleeting on about it....."

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah but they don''t have a ridiculous hotel in the corner making them hard done by in the first place[:''(]

Our club never consider us fans. Just take us for granted and ride rough shod all over us. It''s time we left our seats and made a stand[:@]

[/quote]

If we''re going to make a stand then lets make sure it contains safe standing.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we''re going to make a stand then lets make sure it contains safe standing.

[/quote]We better smooth the edges of our picket signs can''t let anyone get poked or scratch can we....

They haven''t really clarified what they mean by "persistent standing"

How long do you have to be standing for it to be persistent?

Do you get a number of "stand up''s" per game, and if you use them all in the first ten minutes, Snoddy races into the box with 5 minutes to go - do I then have to remain seated?

Am I allowed to stand up to celebrate a goal if we score a lot of goals? Would it be persistent standing if I stood up at half time?

Do I have to immediately have to maintain a squatting position as soon as I enter the terrace in which stewards either carry or wheel me to my match day chair?

So many questions

"Oh! the health and safety police will be after you for suggesting standing up during the match"

If you got your head out of the Daily Mail for a few minutes you might find a grown up to explain the implications and requirements of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007. Things have changed in the way of responsibility and accountability since that ''1950''s Enid Blyton world''.

What your kind bleat out as "health and safety police " the rest see as insurance and litigation problems.

I doubt any genuine football fan enjoys the ban on standing, however most fully understand the situation we are in at the moment and posting up silly childish squeaks trying to link the legal requirements with a ''more of a fan than you'' claim doesn''t help one bit.

We need to know why the authorities/FA have been dragging their heels over bringing in safer standing areas when there is clearly a demand for it and evidence from elsewhere demonstrates it works with the bounds of what could be considered as a reasonable and acceptable risk.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Your life time ambition must be to be a cnut
[/quote]

Some of the posters on this board never cease to amaze me with their clever ways to disguise an insult they wouldn''t dare use in person. Well done Che[Y]

[/quote]

What like this "Get off your ar5e5 and campaign for safe stadning if your so passionate about it instead of bleeting on about it....."[/quote]

Where in the stadium is your seat Che?

No but what wrong with standing. I know it''s health and safety but in other country''s there are alone to stand and the atmosphere looks great. But UK its getting worse.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why have you never moved to the lower barclay?

[/quote]I go with people so it would be hard to get seats together, I sit in my seat due to regulation and out of politeness for people around me but would like to stand, when go away I stand away.

he''s not allowed to, it''s political correctness gone mad dontcha know

they''ve already banned hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

we need more folk like che, who when reading the conditions of his season ticket immediatedly launched a one man campaign against the no seating stipulation - and is still campaigning

no bleating away on here for him, no siree

[quote user="City1st"]

he''s not allowed to, it''s political correctness gone mad dontcha know

they''ve already banned hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

we need more folk like che, who when reading the conditions of his season ticket immediatedly launched a one man campaign against the no seating stipulation - and is still campaigning

no bleating away on here for him, no siree

[/quote]Cold snap is coming better get a flu jab, wouldn''t want it to kill you off.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why have you never moved to the lower barclay?

[/quote]

I go with people so it would be hard to get seats together, I sit in my seat due to regulation and out of politeness for people around me but would like to stand, when go away I stand away.
[/quote]

I think standing away is a different thing entirely. But let''s deal with standing at home first. For many years my "seat" was lower barclay block e row w and I can tell you that I probably sat for no more than 20 minutes in total each season. So if you cared that much about it you would have moved there. Standing away from home is far more anti-social because you have a mixture of different people with different needs all in the same place. But then you wouldn''t care about that because you''re obviously such a selfish cnut that you''d block peoples view in away grounds but wouldn''t make the neccessary effort so that you could stand at home.