Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City in plea to persistent standers

[quote user="Bws cat the third"]Yes, saw this earlier. It''s ruffled quite a few feathers on facebook, and soon I bet, here.[/quote]i await the stupid posts with bated breath! or it might have been the tuna sandwich i had for lunch.

If managed correctly then standing at football matches can generate a great atmosphere.H''borough wasnt managed correctly by the police and therefore sadly 96 people lost their lives.Why can we stand at concerts etc but not football?

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]Just simply convert the lower Barclay and N&P to safe standing and have seat everywhere else. [/quote]it wont happen because clubs have to pay for it...they''d sooner the money went on "team strengthening"although heres a question.. if they bought standing into the new City Stand when built would it become the new Barclay as a result?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Oh great!, another fun afternoon in the lower Barclay with the orange jacketed brigade.[/quote]whatever happened to "Jim Bowen" the jobsworth who used to patrol Block D?

I saw this in my feed then read the story... and I just had to laugh.I get it, Hillsborough was a bad thing, but that''s what seated sections are for - to reduce capacity and control distribution of fans.Why is it over here we can have college football games with 80k-90k-100k similarly insane fans standing and not have this problem?  Keep in mind some portion of the capacity in college stadiums, usually the end zones, are benches and not individual seats.   I have to admit I watch BPL games and think sometimes it''s like a library in these stadia.Plus, the way the weather has been for you guys this season I''d think you''d want to stand just to keep warm.Not my college team, but here''s 80k Wisconsin Badger fans jumping at the end of the third quarter.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVS87pYQNvwIf you have some other behavioral problem with a fan, then deal with it as it happens, but it seems like initiatives like this suck the spirit and energy out of the event.

Rail seats

Rail seats in Klagenfurt, Austria

Almost half of the top-flight Bundesliga

clubs convert standing areas to all-seater configuration by using rail

seats. Each metal seat is incorporated within a robust metal frame that

forms a waist-high rail for the spectators in the row behind. These seat

frames are installed on a permanent basis with the same spacing as

standard seats. The frames interlock to form a continuous high-strength

rail along the full length of each row. Rail heights vary between 90 and

115 cm.[21]

For domestic games the seats remain locked flush between the uprights

of each frame, thus providing accommodation and maximum space for

standing fans between rows of the waist-high rails. Prior to UEFA games,

the seats are unlocked, thus transforming the area into all-seater

configuration. After the UEFA game, the seats are locked again in the

upright position ready for use by standing fans at the next domestic

match.

German clubs using rail seats include Werder Bremen, Hamburg SV, VfL Wolfsburg, Hannover 96, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, VfB Stuttgart, Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund.

Everyone stand sing get behind the team don''t listen to the stewards. There can''t eject everyone from snake pit. We pay money to watch our team we don''t need to be told to sit. Otbc

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Oh great!, another fun afternoon in the lower Barclay with the orange jacketed brigade.[/quote]Try sitting in the Jarrold...even THINKING about singing gets you an evil look from one of the old dears...Roll on Old Trafford next week where our fans will actually sing..[Y]

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]If the lower league teams are allowed to have terraces why can''t the premier league are fans in the premier league worst? 
[/quote]

I think it is more a question of cost. Premier League teams were assumed to have had enough money to go all-seater.

---

PS for SDP. I have emailed you re this story!

Grow up please....would you like the club to be fined? You will be the first one moaning come the summer if our transfer budget is dented by fines.

Oh! the health and safety police will be after you for suggesting standing up during the match.

And the seated supporters will complain cos you''ll all be making too much noise during the match, keeping them all awake from their afternoon nap.

It however comes across quite a refreshing, yet naive view to suggest people not only pay hard earned money to actually go to the football, but to also stand away from the plastic seating, show their vocal support and encourage the team on to victory......

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]If the lower league teams are allowed to have terraces why can''t the premier league are fans in the premier league worst?  [/quote]

I think it is more a question of cost. Premier League teams were assumed to have had enough money to go all-seater.---

[/quote]If done correctly more fans could be put into these areas, which would save the club money by not having to rebuild a new city stand and would increase match attendant which would increase revenue and fans happiness. 

The trouble is that safe standing is not allowed in the premiership under the guidlines, so in reality the club could be fined.

Until the clubs are allowed to bring this in and adopt it eveyone standing is breaking the rules of the club and it''s clearly stated as part of you season ticket or casual ticket restrictions.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud but why don''t you campaign for safe seating seeing as you guy''s are so passionate about standing. Do something constrctive instead of trying to blame the policy of the club and the stewards who are doing the job they are employed to do.

Yeah sure, carry on. But don''t come crying to me when the grounds capacity is reduced, as stands have been closed due to persistant standing, and you can''t get a ticket.

If everybody sits, everybody can see......It just takes one standing to create a reverse domino effect.....You can sing or shout just as loud whether you''re sitting or standing.....Standing is very selfish with no regard to other peoples enjoyment.....Eject those standing at the front and those behind won''t need to stand.....If they''re ejected a second time, cancel their ST''s and make them go on the waiting list if they want to return.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]If the lower league teams are allowed to have terraces why can''t the premier league are fans in the premier league worst?  [/quote]

I think it is more a question of cost. Premier League teams were assumed to have had enough money to go all-seater.---

[/quote]If done correctly more fans could be put into these areas, which would save the club money by not having to rebuild a new city stand and would increase match attendant which would increase revenue and fans happiness.  [/quote]Whilst I agree, it isn''t in our hands. We have to follow rulings made by the FA.If people continue to stand, how would they feel if we had sanctions imposed, and say, the snake pit, was closed?

[quote user="lappinitup"]If everybody sits, everybody can see......It just takes one standing to create a reverse domino effect.....You can sing or shout just as loud whether you''re sitting or standing.....Standing is very selfish with no regard to other peoples enjoyment.....Eject those standing at the front and those behind won''t need to stand.....If they''re ejected a second time, cancel their ST''s and make them go on the waiting list if they want to return.[/quote]There are people who want to stand. Why shouldnt the people who want to stand be allowed to?I''m not saying make FCR all standing as that would be stupid but if enough people want to stand why is having standing areas such a silly idea?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]There are people who want to stand. Why shouldnt the people who want to stand be allowed to?I''m not saying make FCR all standing as that would be stupid but if enough people want to stand why is having standing areas such a silly idea?[/quote]I never mentioned standing areas and nor am I against them. At the moment, there are no standing areas at Carrow Rd and therefore fans should respect this and consider the people behind them.

Lap I agree with what you say and go further as the snake pit try to make it a big issue during the game and some on here try to defend it by saying they generate noise for the team......They do but 15 minutes of thier chants are normally aimed at the stewards and club about being the snake pit and stadinng if they want to! How does that help the team?

Get off your ar5e5 and campaign for safe stadning if your so passionate about it instead of bleeting on about it.....

"why is having standing areas such a silly idea?"

errr, I don''t think anyone has ever said it is