Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Waller out; Goreham IN!

No way! BOREham just rambles on and on and on without letting Mr Adams get a word in edgeways. Waller and Adams are a good team, Waller talks rubbish and Neil''s always there to put him right. Whereas Goreham knows too much, therefore Neil feels left out

[quote]No way! BOREham just rambles on and on and on without letting Mr Adams get a word in edgeways. Waller and Adams are a good team, Waller talks rubbish and Neil''s always there to put him right. Whereas ...[/quote]

agreed

I agree with you DDIM.I think Goreham does excellent commentary and I''m never in doubt as to who''s got the ball unlike with Roy. I''ve even had the displeasure of celebrating goals by the opposition thanks to Roy''s stop-start commentary. Roy seems like a nice bloke, but sorry - he''s got to go.

I agree with the motion. Roy may be a legend, but he belongs with the other legends - in history. Goreham is a good professional commentator, who actually lets you know what''s going on, which I quite like.

Roy Waller is the only bloke in the world who worry me to death without saying a word in the English vocabulary which actually makes sense.  There are many noises, but very few which gjve you an idea of idea of what is actually happening.

His commentary isnt the best but he is kind of an institution isnt he. We couldnt possibly get rid of good old Roy...after all he used to hold the door open for me when I worked in Norfolk Tower while i was at Norwich Union!!! Hes a top bloke and Radio Norfolk without Roy Waller is the local equivilant of Formula One without Murray Walker.

Rot Waller is like wearing a pair of pants 2 days in a row....

...you know its wrong, it should be changed, but theres a strange sense of security and comfort

Well roy does have the face for radio,would you not agree???

The guy has to go....listening to Villa away he shouts out "yes,yes,yes its in"......being a bit distracted and not listening properly(whos fault is that?) i jump up cheering,spilling my HOT cuppa only to find out theu had scored. It aint good enough.

Goreham has impressed me alot,its time to give youth a chance Royston!

[quote]Well roy does have the face for radio,would you not agree??? The guy has to go....listening to Villa away he shouts out "yes,yes,yes its in"......being a bit distracted and not listening properly(who...[/quote]

I tell you how good that plonker Goreham is: all during the evening game at Everton, I lost track how many times he refered to the game as this afternoons match, I mean, come on that so basic, its ludicrous!.

Not too mention his glowing praise for their scoreboard, not once, but all through the bloody game.

Better than uncle Roy?, you''re having a laugh mate!. 

It was great to be back at Carrow road yesterday and see my first win of the season.... didnt have to listen to Roy and Neil - but my vote is Nay....happy with Roys Squit and Neils pointed opinions for the time being.

Gorehams time will come... WALLER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waller gets into the game, and he can''t be one sided, so I can''t see why all of you non-waller people say he supports the opposition.....

Can''t really say how I know but the joke at Radio Norfolk is that their target audience is the sad, the mad and the lonely.

There are thousands of lonely old dears the length and breadth of the county who love listening to Roy Waller''s voice on his afternoon show.

Quite a lot of them listen to the football as well, even though they know nothing about it, just so they can hear Roy.

Even if its for just one match, if Roy doesn''t do the commentary, there are a number of old dears who phone up demanding to know why Roy isn''t on.

Basically the powers that be at Radio Norfolk are sh*t scared of taking Roy off the football commentary for good because they fear that they will be lynched in the streets by an army of furious old grannies if they do.

Allegedly!!!!!!

I like them both, hard to judge which is the best because of contrasting styles.

But I go for Gorham because we seem to have played better in the matches he has reported, probably won more too, pro rata. 

"oOOOH. Assss gone in."

What did Roy?

"Welllllll. He really hit that, my g''ness"

Who hit it Roy? Who Scored?

"Can you believe ut. One nil."

To WHO ROY?????? TELL ME WHAT''S HAPPENING!!!

The man is useless...

Who wants a plastic, sanitised, no smiling please, type of commentary. Not me.

Uncle Roy, his blanket, news of his journey to the ground, cup of tea at half time, rambling eccentricity, Yes please.

Goreham''s great for news bulletins and Thursday night''s Scrimmage radio show - but no, no, no.

I for one certainly do not want "plastic, sanitised, no smiling please, type of commentary".

I just want to actually know what''s happening.

In the game I''m listening to.

WITHOUT having to listen to the crowd to work out who has scored.

Maybe RN can have Goreham do the commentary so we can find out little things durign the match like who has the ball and where it is, etc. while Roy can be shifted to the phone-in where his rambling style will fit in nicely with most of the callers, as well as keeping the sentimental people among you happy.

I''m new to Roy. Before, if I was in Norfolk, I was at the game; if I wasn''t, I couldn''t get Radio Norfolk. But hearing him on the CanariesWorld coverage is pure torture. He seems to be under the illusion that his listeners can see the game. But we can''t. We need to be told who''s just scored. He is indeed the Murray Walker of football. But that''s not a good thing.

But the tv commentator on the WBA game last weekend out here was even worse. Don''t know his name, he might be a Sky second-rater, but he consistently called Craig Fleming "Curtis", and, best of all, reported after the first West Brom goal that "it''s 1-0 to Nottingham Forest".

Genius.