Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Team for United?

Why Becchio over Holt ? Why Tettey Straight back in ?

BunnMartin, Bass, Turner, GarridoSnoddy, Jono, Howson, PilksHolt, Kamara

Although I can see the wisdom in benching Kamara for Becchio I think the whole emotion of getting your first Prem goal and THEN playing at Old Trafford will be to much for the lad.I would think Kamara could make hell of an impact in the first 20 minutes. I''d even place a bet on him to be first to score if he starts.

tettey=i think he is very important to the team and, despite an impressive game on sat from jh, tettey is a better player-tettey would have played on sat if he was fit, he wasnt dropped.

becchio over holt=holt wasnt in the game untill the last ten mins on sat. i think, with what could be a weakened united side, we need to hit them with power (kei) and a bit more in the way of pace and movement (becchio)

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="morty"]No way we''re playing 2 strikers away at Man U![/quote]

Why not.....we should go for it.[/quote]Lol, wise up.If we come away from there with a point it will be a cracking ewsult.We will likely revert to the system with Holt on his own up front and Hoolahan just behind.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="morty"]No way we''re playing 2 strikers away at Man U![/quote]

Why not.....we should go for it.[/quote]Lol, wise up.If we come away from there with a point it will be a cracking ewsult.We will likely revert to the system with Holt on his own up front and Hoolahan just behind.[/quote]

Er, lol, if we set out too defensive we will get spanked.

not sure what Tettey''s situation is but if fit...

Bunn

Martin   Turner   Bassong    Garrido

Tettey    Johnson

Hoolahan

Snodgrass                        Kamara

Holt

Camp,Whittaker,R.Bennett,Howson,E.Bennett,Pilkington,Becchio

Bunn

Whittaker   Bassong  Turner  Garrido

Tettey  Howson

Snodgrass     Hoolahan   Bennett

Holt

As of Saturday with Pilks instead of Hooly

Bechio put himself about quite a bit, just as Holt does and did.  Get in to ''em early and then bring on Kamara for the last 20 mins or so. Lambert had quite a bit of success with unsettling other teams and taking the game to the opposition.

The old saying of not breaking up a winning team holds true - and unless there''s a massive change in the opposition then we need to stick with that winning team.

so you would drop one of our most consistant players this season in Johnson, with one that failed to impress his last outing?

Kamara will not start. put money on it. he may start v soton. but it''s still too soon. it''s best to have him study united from the bench, then come on with a lot more energy than the united players who would have played 60 odd minutes before hand.

[quote user="City1st"]

Bechio put himself about quite a bit, just as Holt does and did.  Get in to ''em early and then bring on Kamara for the last 20 mins or so. Lambert had quite a bit of success with unsettling other teams and taking the game to the opposition.

The old saying of not breaking up a winning team holds true - and unless there''s a massive change in the opposition then we need to stick with that winning team.

[/quote]

the winning ''team'' was the one that ended the match......not the one that started it.

Martin - Turner - Bassong - Garrido

--------Tettey---------Johnson------------

Snodgrass---Hoolahan----Pilkington

--------------------Holt------------------------

In Hoolys and Pilks place we could give a chance pairing Howson and Kei, but I think Kamara will bring more impact from bench against ManU. Howson could be given a chance in his favourite spot and bring Hoolahan in second half with fresh legs to stirren things up, if Howson doesnt fit the picture.

Yes I would drop Johnson. You won''t like this but I''ve had enough of us playing the same boring style that suits him. Yes he has been consistent but I''d like to see us beat someone with a bit of class. As for your comment about Fox failing to impress, i totally disagree with you. Maybe it wasn''t the best game he ever played but he was unfairly blamed simply because he wasn''t part of the usual team.

However I do agree that Kamara won''t start. But I was giving an opinion not a prediction. I named him in the team of he brings some unpredictability and was far better than Becchio yesterday.

If Tettey is fit I would put him ahead of Johnson.   I think the combination of Tettey and Kamara in the same team would be explosive!  

Martin  Turner Bassong  GarridoSnodgrass   Howson  Tettey    Pilkington                 Holt   Kamara

Becchio Hools to come on if needed

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

the winning ''team'' was the one that ended the match......not the one that started it.

[/quote]

I know what I meant............ I think

Stick with the original line up except Pilks to start and bring on Kamara in the 2nd half. We need to be at then from the start, then be able to crank it up a bit with Kamara.

My team?

Bunn

Morty Morty Morty Morty

Morty Morty Morty Morty

Morty Morty

Subs: Wiz (always good to have a bit of magic to come off the bench).

The most sense that was ever on the pitch then. Although I am not sure what he is like between the sticks so I have given him a rest from that and put Bunn in.

Wiz will at least cause some sort of distraction whilst he moans constantly at Hughton, whilst telling Fergie how crud everything is and how he would have preferred to have kept Lambert. With any luck this will cause Fergie to fall asleep and fail to ask for his ten minutes of extra time or even better, just call the game off early at 0-0 just so he can get away from the miserable s-o-d.

In all honesty I wonder if we will go out the same as we did yesterday. I think if Kamara is to start it will be at home to Southampton where his pace will be a greater asset on the counter attack. If you saw anything of the Newcastle Vs Southampton game you''d have seen that Southampton are good going forward but rather suspect at the back. Newcastle played them a good ''un on the break, I can see us trying to do the same with Holt up there to flick on for Kamara.

I can see Holt and Becchio starting against Man U, just to give an inexperienced back line a bit of a going over for the introduction of a bit more energy later on.

I think Pilkington will return on the left too. A bit of pace out wide will be useful.

Not sure if Howson will be replaced so easily by Tettey, but I can see that if Hughton wants the midfield to shut out theirs.

Snoddy Vs Evra will be one to watch.

It will also be interesting to see what line up Fergie goes with considering their Champs match.

"I can see Holt and Becchio starting against Man U, just to give an inexperienced back line a bit of a going over for the introduction of a bit more energy later on"

ruddy plagiarists

Sorry, hit reply to the first post - didn''t bother to read all the way through. Just a case of great minds think alike.

Unlike the people who didn''t scroll down and started a new thread of the exact same nature . . . . woops!

[quote user="chicken"]My team?

Bunn

Morty Morty Morty Morty

Morty Morty Morty Morty

Morty Morty

Subs: Wiz (always good to have a bit of magic to come off the bench).

The most sense that was ever on the pitch then. Although I am not sure what he is like between the sticks so I have given him a rest from that and put Bunn in.

Wiz will at least cause some sort of distraction whilst he moans constantly at Hughton, whilst telling Fergie how crud everything is and how he would have preferred to have kept Lambert. With any luck this will cause Fergie to fall asleep and fail to ask for his ten minutes of extra time or even better, just call the game off early at 0-0 just so he can get away from the miserable s-o-d.

In all honesty I wonder if we will go out the same as we did yesterday. I think if Kamara is to start it will be at home to Southampton where his pace will be a greater asset on the counter attack. If you saw anything of the Newcastle Vs Southampton game you''d have seen that Southampton are good going forward but rather suspect at the back. Newcastle played them a good ''un on the break, I can see us trying to do the same with Holt up there to flick on for Kamara.

I can see Holt and Becchio starting against Man U, just to give an inexperienced back line a bit of a going over for the introduction of a bit more energy later on.

I think Pilkington will return on the left too. A bit of pace out wide will be useful.

Not sure if Howson will be replaced so easily by Tettey, but I can see that if Hughton wants the midfield to shut out theirs.

Snoddy Vs Evra will be one to watch.

It will also be interesting to see what line up Fergie goes with considering their Champs match.[/quote]My playing days are over, after busting my cruciate ligament in my left knee twice, but if Hughton gives me a call I''d give it my best shot.[:)]

For those who don''t already know, KK scored one and made the assist for the other in KC''s 2-1 win over ManUre during their pre-season tour of the US. Be a great time for him to repeat that!

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

This for me. Becchio still has a lot to learn but is weeks ahead of Kamara in terms of match sharpness. Kamara stands to gain a lot more from coming on as an impact and trying to earn a start over the next 2 games in my opinion.

Completely agree with the point of Pilkington ahead of Hoolahan if we do go for two up top. Wes was ineffectual out on the left for the majority of the game and I just don''t think it suits his style to be out there. You can tell he gives his all but it just seems a bit more difficult for him out there.

Also wouldn''t bring Tettey straight back into the side. If we have two up top, we don''t have Wes in the middle of the park to try and retain possession. With a midfield two of BJ and Tettey you run the risk of "gifting" the ball back to United who will punish you due to poor passing ability. I think that Howson had a good game against Everton and with Tettey having sat out of training for the last week, I think it''s too much to expect to come straight back in against an extremely strong United side. (Even if they do rotate due to Champs league)

I''d see the most likely as being:

Bunn
Martin Turner Bassong Garrido
Snodgrass Howson Johnson Pilkington
Hoolahan
Holt