Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

King Kei Kamara!!!

When we signed him, I asked a mate if he knew anything about him. He said funnily enough he did, his brother who lives in the States had been raving about him for months.

You always worry the step up will be too large, but on that performance he''s going to be a star.

I don''t know what the pre-negotiated transfer fee is for the summer, but having that up our sleeves looks a very clever bit of business.

His goal - I''ve watched it several times on TV and he leapt like a salmon and the power and direction of the header was amazing and not often equalled in the premiership.

[quote user="Surfbird"]His goal - I''ve watched it several times on TV and he leapt like a salmon and the power and direction of the header was amazing and not often equalled in the premiership.[/quote]I haven''t seen a City header like that since Iwan in the play off final!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Super Kei![/quote]

Good post.

[/quote]

SUPERLOL!

Now I love the guy''s enthusiasm, back story and ability and I hope he shines at CR for many years.

But consider the last player to join us from a questionable background, come on as a sub, make a groundbreaking joyous, brave mould smashing impression on the game, score a great and very important goal. He also was a breath of fresh air and looked the answer to so many questions.

Where Cody MacDonald ultimately failed though, I really hope that Kei has what it takes to succeed. Unfortunately, the similarity at this stage is considerable

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Now I love the guy''s enthusiasm, back story and ability and I hope he shines at CR for many years.

But consider the last player to join us from a questionable background, come on as a sub, make a groundbreaking joyous, brave mould smashing impression on the game, score a great and very important goal. He also was a breath of fresh air and looked the answer to so many questions.

Where Cody MacDonald ultimately failed though, I really hope that Kei has what it takes to succeed. Unfortunately, the similarity at this stage is considerable[/quote]cody was scoring in League One. Kei has scored in the Prem. I''d say there is considerable difference.

Actually, Cody''s first goal was in the Champs, against Cardiff. There was an element of luck about it - the ball ricocheted kindly for him as he dribbled through - but he took it well. He didn''t score again in the Champs.

I still think he is an unlucky player, however; he went to a team in all sorts of trouble, got injured & never really got going. I still think he''s a decent Championship striker.

Cody''s biggest problem is that he isn''t quite big or strong enough. Kei doesn''t have those problems. Still early days, but I''m pretty certain he''ll do well for us - though it won''t always be quite like Saturday!

Oh, & Cody scored again ....

In League Two ...

Not really a difference. Both came from uncharted sources, made an explosive start and really looked like they would bring something different and special to City at that time.

I really hope that the difference is that Kei has the quality to make the last impression that Cody could not. I think he will but we have to say it''s early days and too soon to know.

[quote user="Spanner"]I thought we were going down until we got kei,

I thought that we would have to play the scum but then we got kei,

Now we''re staying up and I know why,

Cause we got kei, cause we got kei, cause we got kei!

Da da lah da da da da.

To the tune of ''Because I got high'' by Afroman.[/quote]Qualiteeee! [:)]

don''t see how you can say there''s not really a difference. the prem is a much, much, much, higher quality than lge 2

and the mls isn''t exactly uncharted. that''s a little offensive to it. if they were all moved to the championship a number of them would be pushing for promotion and play off spots.

After watching Kei''s header, and thinking back to how everyone was lauding Ronaldo for hanging in the air against Man Utd a few weeks back, there''s going to be eyes on him immediately.

What he done on Saturday is a cut above the rest, that''s simply natural power

As Kei said after the match, it''s his ''secret'' skill.

I know it''s premature, but if he continues we need to get him signed up to the club as soon as possible, i don''t think we can lose, he''s something different, DOES have the physical attributes, and better than several forwards we''ve had on the books since being in the prem.

I think his positive input in the dressing room is what we needed right now, he could be asking a few simple questions in there that''s making everyone think.

I don''t think that the players pushing for the winner when CH was happy with a draw was a coincidence either.

Like most, i pretty much love the guy already! :)

And yes, i''m still not over Cody so this is the perfect replacement! hehe.

Super super Kei, Super Super Kei . super  Super Kei Super Kamara,, Sorry Chris martin fans but think It should be Kei''s song now. he will respond better as well.