Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

Ricardo, Snowy and Kamara

A sad week ended on a happy note. Sad particularly for Ricardo, but also for those who enjoyed hearing of Snowy''s exploits and result-predicting behaviours.

And then we beat Everton in the most unlikely of circumstances.

So I thought it might be appropriate to name something or someone related to the game after Ricardo''s departed friend.

Although he scored the winner, somehow Grant Holt doesn''t feel like a Snowy.

But, the notion of Kai Kamara being nicknamed Snowy seems entirely and bizarrely appropriate.... he seems to have a sense of humour, so even he may take to it! 

Ricardo, are you OK with this idea? Don''t to remind you of something sad, but thought it might be suitable to name the star of the week after the star of your posts.....

Agreed, as nice as the notion sounds, it''s absolutely silly to suggest it.

Kamara doesn''t need a nickname, he''s making his name with heart shaped hands

Thank you for the thought Ferry but I have to agree with the sentiments expressed on this page. I wouldn''t want my little friends name to be associated with anything that might cause offence.It''s been a tearful weekend in our house but we have been overwhelmed by the kind thoughts from so many people on this forum. It can be a rough old place at times and peoples ego''s are often bruised but deep down we all know we are part of one big family that is NCFC.People have asked me if I will get another pet but it is far too soon to think of that. He was totally irreplaceable to me and coming home from the city just now I noticed his white hairs on the bottom of the gate where he used to slide underneath. It felt like a big hand reached down inside me and ripped my guts out. He was only a cat and how people who lose a child ever come to terms with it is impossible to imagine.His only memorial will be inside of me. I couldn''t bear the thought of him covered with earth so he will be cremated and some of his ashes will be spread in his favourite haunts and also back at Trowse where he was born. I''m not a religious man but it comforts me to think that his spirit is somewhere out there free on the wind.

I would wonder why the person behind this post used a login that has been used only 300 or so times since 2004

I mean this not as some sort of defence of science, or the denouncement of metaphysics with regard to some theological debate, i write this only with concern for you Ricardo.I''ve always felt this (rather large) quote would enable me to have some degree of closure in the face of losing someone, man or animal, as someone who vests his interests in empricism and rationalism; where life once shone so brightly, with such beauty, depart as a star in its final years, a supernova leaving in its wake a gaping hole.You don''t need me to tell you no one will replace Snowy for you, but know that whatever your beliefs, even as a non-religious man, that no one could ever say his presence has ever truly left this world.As trivial as the internet world might feel, and as hollow as every gesture imparted through it might seem, i do sincerely hope the following will bring you some modicum of comfort during this sombre time for you.

“You want a physicist to speak at your funeral.

You want the physicist to talk to your family about the conservation

of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You

want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of

thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and that

none dies.

You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration,

every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved

child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell

your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good

as you got.

And at one point you’d hope the physicist would step down from the

pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell

him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the

particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of

your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like

children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in

the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the

photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors

that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations

of electromagnetically charged neutrons whose energy will go on forever.

You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy

themselves that the science is sound and that they’ll be comforted to

know your energy’s still around.

According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you’re just less orderly."

I''m sorry if anything i''ve said sounds in anyway brash or unappreciative of your situation Ricardo; but know that the underlying sentiment is truly from the heart, wherein i feel unreserved sympathy for you losing such a close and beloved companion.Snowy left his mark on the world in so many ways, beyond what we as posters on the pink''un can testify to, and know that his very being and all he was still roams this world.I feel that, more than anything, is something you can believe in.

John old pal, thank you very much for that. I have printed it out and will keep it to re-read when I get tearful (which is quite often at the moment).He left his mark on the world alright, he most certainly left it on me.

Totally understand everyone''s points on here and absolutely no harm intended, but sorry if it caused any upset. I thought it might bring a smile to people''s faces, but can also see now this it might offend. Best wishes Ricardo and sorry for any insensitivity on my part.