Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Tony Fernandez

Heard a rumour recently which came from an ex player that fernandez will pull out of QPR and buy into Norwich. This may be a load of bull but there again may have legs. With hindsight he probably should have made that move originally when he was  pondering links with Norwich. This does not mean he takes over the club, rather invests in it. QPR are certain to go down with huge financial problems and he will have lost shedloads of cash. We are odds on to stay up and prosper next season witha good financial platform, excellent manager and C/Executive and should be aiming for regular mid table finishes in the EPL

The Fernandez / Norwich link came via Fernandez''s F1 team then known as Team Lotus and being based in Higham.

They renamed to Caterham F1 and moved to Oxfordshire so the Norfolk links are all but gone.

He''s a lifelong West Ham fan aswell so I could see his interest in them renewed as they''re likely to stay up.

Interesting,

I would say that whoever ''owns'' or ''invests'' in the club I am not sure that we would change our business model, so would still spend within our means and not rely on a wealthy share holder.

So with his investment or not, don''t see how things would change much.

He''s a loud opinionated businessman, i''m sure he''s good at some things, but he hasn''t got a clue about football. It seems he tries to have a say what goes on the pitch and dressing room, not his job, leave that to the management staff.No thanks.

I don''t think we want him.

I don''t think we need him.

The financial planning that has gone into qpr is only pointing one way - relegation followed by administration.

No thanks!

And if he wants to bugger off at the first set back he''s not the sort of investor that any club needs.

QPR have other shareholders who have more wealth than Fernandes, ie Mattel family.

I can''t see them all walking away although Fernandes has said he would be happy to.

Do we want him here?

NO!

The reason we sent him packing the last time is that he wanted 100% control, not just investment.No thank you.

I think the original link came through the Lotus connection and Mike Gascoigne being a Norwich fan and him and Fernandez being at a game together, possibly against West Ham who Fernandez actually supports.

Living in Asia and seeing and hearing a lot about him I think the man is a clown and hopes he stays away.

[quote user="Gazza"]I think the original link came through the Lotus connection and Mike Gascoigne being a Norwich fan and him and Fernandez being at a game together, possibly against West Ham who Fernandez actually supports.

Living in Asia and seeing and hearing a lot about him I think the man is a clown and hopes he stays away.[/quote]I know someone who has met him, and whilst he didn''t think he was a clown, he definitely thought him strange and a bit eccentric.

[quote user="Wiz"]This all seems unlikely imo.[/quote]

What do your new mates on the QPR website make of him Wiz ?

Anyway it is a big no from me as he put QPR in front of us and has been said is a Hammers fan so his loyalty and motives are highly questionable.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]He''s a loud opinionated businessman, i''m sure he''s good at some things, but he hasn''t got a clue about football. It seems he tries to have a say what goes on the pitch and dressing room, not his job, leave that to the management staff.

No thanks.
[/quote]

This.

It is an unfortunate fact of life in this world that people who are good at business are deemed to be good at anything they want to turn their hands to. Or more accurately, that they want to buy. Oo, look, you made a lot of money, please come and run our football club. Well not this football club. He can stay well away. It''s like saying to a carpenter, oo look, you can do great things with wood, please come and fix my plumbing.

And come on people, let''s never forget what ''investment'' means. If he wants to come and invest financially, it means he wants to take money out of the club for himself or for his other businesses, just like Glazers and other football owners have done. It''s only those who invest solely as fans, emotionally rather than financially, who aren''t seeking to make money out of the club. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Anyway it is a big no from me as he put QPR in front of us and has been said is a Hammers fan so his loyalty and motives are highly questionable.

[/quote]

We don''t want out badge on a Caterham, we want it on the Lotus.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

We don''t want out badge on a Caterham, we want it on the Lotus.

[/quote]

OUR club badge even

Lotus are essentially the Renault team though, it''s not actually Lotus... they just sponsor the team

Anyhow, I''d tell Fernandez to shove it, he''s ruined QPR - we don''t need no money!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

In general I think they support him Til.

There was a revealing interview with Fernandes in the Financial Times a few weeks ago. He described QPR as "a phenomenal branding tool" for his main business. "AirAsia has got so much coverage." It added to the impression that under Fernandes QPR has become part of showbiz, with celebrity players and managers, to gain maximum publicity. An obvious contrast with be with the two other promoted clubs from that season, ourselves and Swansea, both of which seem to be run in a more level-headed way.

I think in the long run the future could be bright for QPR. But for that to happen the Mittals have to stay on board, and Fernandes needs to become less star-struck. He should stop imagining QPR is part of London''s glamour life and start treating like some provincial club. Pay off the high-wage "stars", get in some hard-working and ambitious young manager, and find somewhere for a new stadium. Much more boring, but it''s a plan that could work.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Heard a rumour recently which came from an ex player that fernandez will pull out of QPR and buy into Norwich. [/quote]I really hope not.

[quote user="ImDrunky"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Heard a rumour recently which came from an ex player that fernandez will pull out of QPR and buy into Norwich. [/quote]

I really hope not.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t get too worried. Even if Fernandes left QPR I very much doubt he would get involved with us, at least in terms of having anything remotely to do with the running of the club.