Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is there any hope for Man Utd game?

I am hoping purple nose doesn''t take us as a serious threat and rests a load of players. But at this moment in time a draw would be a fantastic result.

United are 12 points clear in the league, have a massive game against Real just 72 hours later and have RVP out. We''re unbeaten in 4 and off the back of a huge confidence boosting win. Won''t have a better time to play them.

I smell an upset....

I doubt whether we can win there, but it might suit both teams to have a draw. They will not fancy a physical encounter or an all-out attacking game from us, with their European game so soon afterwards, but they could even put out a reserve tam which would mtach us in skill, if not in effort.

I think that CH will be seeking a point, to creep nearer to safety, butI hope that he does not again become too defensive.

A point would be great but they''re on such a march I think they''ll sweep us aside. Maybe 2 or 3-0 but i''d celebrate a 0-0 like never before.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

United are 12 points clear in the league, have a massive game against Real just 72 hours later and have RVP out. We''re unbeaten in 4 and off the back of a huge confidence boosting win. Won''t have a better time to play them.

I smell an upset....

[/quote]

The Real game could be a major factor Mr B, there''ll be no whinging from me if its a bore draw, hell, as long as its not a spanking I''ll be ok with it.

Most City fans will be hoping we can get something from the game except those doom merchants who will be hoping we are stuffed just to keep their relegation forecasts on track.....

We will get nout if we try sit back and defend, teams what have a go are the only ones who ever get a result there. We have nothing to lose imo, nobody expects us to get jack, so lets just relax and have a go.

[quote user="ricky knight"]We will get nout if we try sit back and defend, teams what have a go are the only ones who ever get a result there. We have nothing to lose imo, nobody expects us to get jack, so lets just relax and have a go.[/quote]

You have a point Ricky but playing too open up there could see us get buried.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Kathy "]Now renamed ''Delia time'' by the MOTD crew.[/quote]

We need T shirts with that printed on.

Come on DM.[Y][/quote]

You''d only add "is up" on yours Wiz! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Kathy "]Now renamed ''Delia time'' by the MOTD crew.[/quote]

We need T shirts with that printed on.

Come on DM.[Y][/quote]

You''d only add "is up" on yours Wiz! [;)]

[/quote]

True Laps, true.[;)]

Its a while since they dropped points at home,just bout due. It will probably happen to an unfancied ide ie us. Would be a nice pub quizz question to ask who did the double overManUtd whn they won the league this season

Which premiership team were the first to lose to a non-league side for 200 years but doubled the runaway league winners in the same season......

Best wander down to Corals

[quote user="Wiz"]Offer me a draw now and I''d sign up to the Delia Smith fan club.[;)][/quote]Now, now Wiz. You know you "hate that woman with a passion". [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]Offer me a draw now and I''d sign up to the Delia Smith fan club.[;)][/quote]

Now, now Wiz. You know you "hate that woman with a passion". [:)]
[/quote]

True Lapps, so that just demostrates how desperate I am for City to get something out of this game.[;)]

or desperate to keep your threads high up the forum

unless, of course, they are about Aston Villa websites

[quote user="City1st"]

or desperate to keep your threads high up the forum

unless, of course, they are about Aston Villa websites

[/quote]

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sleepy/sleep-051.gif[/IMG]

Wiz''s uses of emoticons to avoid tackling the subject is the equivalent to a 6 year old putting his fingers in his ears and going "lalalallalalala".