Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

I Love Crofty

If you do not want this thread moved to Room 101 may i suggest you post a poem about the tubby Croft. [:D]

The way he runs, bombing up and down the wing, no end product of course, a winger that can''t cross is not a great combination, still funny though.

[quote user="canarygirl"]To see that little mars bar charging up the field brings back good memories, chest out and shoulders back![/quote]

Just for you canarygirl....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqIqqSAQuo8.

admittedly he wasnt that great but if he didnt win the POTS that year he wouldn''t have got half the grief he does now. a) it wasn''t his fault he won it*, and b) it wasn''t his fault he was surrounded by slightly and more often that not very crappier team-mates.

*I personally think he won it due THAT pearler against the binners as that was one of the only bright days of a pretty awful season.

Agreed Spencer. And we had many, MANY worse players than Crofty between 2005 and 2009. I really don''t get why he gets so much stick. And worst player to win POTS? Spencer Prior, Matt Jackson, Andy Marshall. Even the Doc won it and I wouldn''t say Crofty was worse than those four.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If you do not want this thread moved to Room 101 may i suggest you post a poem about the tubby Croft. [:D][/quote]

Lee CroftLives in my loftHelen KellerLives in my cellar

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Even the Doc won it 

[/quote]

That''s gone and done it as a certain someone will be along shortly to tell us they still miss him. [:-*]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Even the Doc won it[/quote]That''s gone and done it as a certain someone will be along shortly to tell us they still miss him. [:-*][/quote]I wish we still had him! The Doc and Michael Turner would have been a match for "the Superflys". I still miss him! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

Croft had Zero end product! its a shame because he did all the hard work 50 yards further up the field.. if he was actually able to Cross, pass, shoot or not fall on his ar*e he might have done ok!

Never understood why he got so much stick, fair enough he was far from brilliant but he always tried and looked like he gave a toss unlike a few from that period.

He gets stick for having no end product but we had no-one likely to get on the end of a good cross anyway back then.Certainly can''t hold the fact he won POTS against him and the only real alternative was Clingan who probably looked so good because he was more often than not partnered with an incredibly incapable CM alongside him.I liked Crofty. Didn''t have a good cross but was certainly a trier (and still looks to be one), seemed to care a bit and seemed an all over decent bloke and quite funny too (if you believe Hucks book, of course).

Crofts was terrible, BUT strangely had a knack of beating his man, despite no application of skill whatsoever.

Most of the time, the ball would bobble up from a bad touch, hit his shin, his chin, the other player, his arse, the back of his head - or all of the above - and still *somehow* - against all odds, and against all logic - would come away the the ball.

It would happen time and time and time again... almost by sheer will did he actually get round fullbacks... bizarre!