Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hucks: A health warning!

Apart from City, I watch an awful lot of football on TV (not the same I know) every week. There''s been one thing niggleing at my mind, since we played them at home, Hucks getting injured.

Saturday in particular, has me concerened, Blackburn dare not lose, and again there is a lot at stake for both teams. The robust tackling of the Blackburn players is very worrying, and all season their rough house tactics have been much in evidence!.

Hucks will be their No.1 target without any doubt. Its no good relying on refs for protection, especially on their patch.

So what do City do?, hell if I know. But I hope the premiership''s most fouled player has something in mind, because losing him at this stage of the season, scares the **** out of me.

Any idea''s?.

Agreed Wiz.  On Saturday he''s going to be coming up against the likes of Paul Dickov, The Axe (can''t remember his proper name, Aaron Mokosomethingorother!) and Robbie bloody Savage!!  Being the most fouled player in the league, if he comes out of it with two legs intact I''ll be impressed!! 

I don''t think we can worry about it too much though.  The guy has come up against hard core nut cases before and I''m sure he knows how to handle himself.  Just got to hope that his quick mind and feet evade the tough tackling northeners!

With the amount of diving he does, I am surprised he hasn''t being injured already!

Joking apart I think we have to believe he can handle himself and keep our fingers crossed he stays fit for the whole campaign!

Come on you Yellows!

I think the fact that he has been fouled as much as he has (plus all those not given) and yet hasn''t missed a gamethis season (only subbed once I can recall as well) says something about his ability to roll with tackles/fouls generally, and a surprisingly tough constitution.

I suspect he''s had to suffer and learn this throughout his career as his speed has made him an obvious choppers target, so let''s hope he can keep the learning and experience in this department to the fore this saturday and for the remaining 11 games after that too! Wiz is right - we would struggle even more in this league without him.

an even bigger concern is why does the team with the most fouled player in the prem, have one of the worst scoring records?   All those fouls have led to nothing really.

Are the stats legitimate fouls where the ref awarded a free kick?

[quote]an even bigger concern is why does the team with the most fouled player in the prem, have one of the worst scoring records? All those fouls have led to nothing really. Are the stats legitimate foul...[/quote]

Stevenage: Yep, the statistic is based on official reports, Ronaldo of Manure came second. 

A lot of fouls on Hucks, happen around the halfway line, so maybe that explains why we don''t score that much from the resulting free kick.

It would be interesting to find out how many we score from free kicks near the penalty box, although I believe refs get nervous about making the decision there, especially against the big boys!.

I seem to remember a few goals being scored from crosses there, which were free kicks given for fouls on the God Huckerby.

Anyone know for sure?..

PS. I see Robben of Chelseki is now out for a further 8-10 weeks, following a bad tackle at Blackburn recently!. 

I''ve resurected this because of this little snippet.

As I have the EDP in time for breakfast (Okay, you know what I mean!) I was interested in today sports feature.

There we are, sitting proudly at the top of the fair play league. Guess who''s bottom?....thats right, Blackburn!.

Worthy is quoted as saying that he fully expects Francis to receive special attention, but that he thinks Hucks will be the main target by Blackburn players!.

Ye Gods.

Another interesting antidote for tomorrow''s game, the ref is Steve Dunn, one of the most lenient refs in the premiership. Only 1 sending off this season!, mind you, that was the Blackburn thug who wacked Jonson at Carrow Road!.

Hmm.

This does rather make a nonsense out of Mark Hughes'' latest comments about Worthy, doesn''t it?  They''re bottom of the fair play league because they ARE a damned physical side not for any other reason.  Come on boys - stand up to them like we did to Bolton and we can get something from the gam,e as well as ram a few words down a certain throat!!!