Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Has anyone had their Man United tickets yet?

The online breakdown of the ticket order says ''print'' which in the past has also meant dispatched. I''ve not got it yet though so was just wondering if anyone else has?

I''ll be heading over on the train into Manchester Piccadilly then getting the service to Old Trafford. Will also be heading to a couple of pubs before but yet to establish which ones. Are you travelling from Yorkshire too?

Hi Rovrum, not sure if what happened to me has happened to you, but the Club forgot to apply postage to the envelope with the tickets in.  The Royal Mail insisted I pay for it so wouldn''t deliver and I had to collect them myself. 

However not happy that such a simple omission has cost me to get my tickets from the sorting office.  Given the restriction of opening times of the sorting office (8-12 noon), I estimated the total cost of collecting them during opening hours (the cost of postage not originally applied, the £1 "fine" for this, the cost of parking, plus the lost time of paid work) came to around £25!  This on top of the cost of tickets, the cost of travel means for me and my 8yo, it is already well over £100 before drinks etc.  I might as well have driven to Norwich and back to collect them!  

I e-mailled the club to let them know how shoddy I thought this was but as yet, quelle surprise, no reply.  Perhaps I had better tweet McNally!!!!

I''m catching the 12.07 from Sheffield, plan to get the Salford Tram to the ground.

That sounds like a bloody nightmare Sheff! I''ll check the post when I get in tonight and if it isn''t there I''ll ring the ticket office tomorrow morning.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Mine are in the form of my mates man u membership card... going in behind enemy lines![/quote]

That''s tough.  Last year I and a friend went via corporate hostility thanks to a mate who works for a company that has 4 tickets where you get a meal first and seats near halfway (not a box - not keen on them).  It was a good experience overall but really tough when ManU scored.  Obviously the people around me worked out I was a City fan (staying in my seat when ManU scored was a bit of a giveaway) and they were fine about it, just some good natured banter, although it might have been different if we''d taken some of our chances at 0-0.

But to be stuck on your own among the Man U fans won''t be easy.  This year I''m safely in with the faithful !

Mine didn''t turn up today. The ticket office told me to wait until Friday then call back so they can arrange for one to be reprinted and held at the Man U ticket office for me to pick up. The lady was very helpful but i''m just hoping it all goes as smoothly! Would hate to head over and not get in.

Mine are with the Man U fans and we will be wearing our YELLOW and green scarves with pride and the silly buggers around us will be none the wiser!

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Mine didn''t turn up today. The ticket office told me to wait until Friday then call back so they can arrange for one to be reprinted and held at the Man U ticket office for me to pick up. The lady was very helpful but i''m just hoping it all goes as smoothly! Would hate to head over and not get in.[/quote]

Finger''s crossed RC ! 

I will be driving over from a place near Rotherham but can''t leave until about 12 for family reasons... then after the game I''m going direct to York.  So if anyone wants a one-way lift from around Rotherham (or indeed a lift from Rotherham returning to York) feel free to PM me !