Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

What do NCFC fans REALLY think about Ipswich Town?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]People who hate Ipswich with a passion (like me), don''t understand people who don''t hate Ipswich with a passion. It must be something to do with how we are brought up, I was brought up in a family which hated Ipswich Town with a passion.

Perhaps the difference is that those who don''t hate Ipswich with a passion were not brought up in passionate Norwich supporting households.

[/quote]

Could be that. Or it could be that some non-haters were brought up with a sense of perspective about football. Whatever. I''m with McNally on this. The ideal situation is having local derbies in the top flight. The home game would fill a 35,000-seat stadium, unlike most of the other 18 fixtures. And not only could McNally categorise it as an A* game, or even as an A** or A***, but he would positively salivate at the marketing opportunities to squeeze even more money out of fans. Two "special" DVDs a season and the club shop full of loads of other over-priced commemorative merchandise. Tee-shirts, scarves, mugs etc etc etc. Two games against Ipswich or two against Reading or WBA? The vey definition of a no-brainer.

You cynical thing Purple. Dead right of course though:-)

Singup makes a very good point as well. I grew up in a Spurs household so I tend to have a hatred of Arsenal,more so than Ipswich. Indoctrination at an early stage I suppose. Staying that,when we play the binners it is the most nervous I get over any other game. It''s a must,must win.