Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

What do NCFC fans REALLY think about Ipswich Town?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]I don''t really understand the question..
[/quote]

That doesn''t surprise me.

What I''m trying to ascertain is, how deep does the hatred run with different individuals and does it become more diluted the longer we go without playing them?

[/quote]

This question is asked, on average, about once every two weeks. It is getting a bit tired.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]I must be in the minority here but I would like to see them then in prem with us. As long as we beat them every year and finish above them in the table I would be happy. Cant beat derby days IMO. Also its not like we have loads of teams in the area, make the most of those we have I say. No I definitely am not a binner before it gets suggested. Just wouldnt wish portsmouth situation on any team or business. Derby days are missed for me, but would love them in the top flight and not the championship.[/quote]

Grow up for Christ''s sake.

I have a solution to the Ip5w1ch problem;

1. They get promoted to the prem with a 2nd place finish in the Championship (so no silverware).

2. Get a home and away hiding from us in the prem (both games on tv).

3. Suffer a last game of the season heartbreaking relegation.

4. Return to item 1.

the disturbing thing here is there is you may not actually be joking

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

What I''m trying to ascertain is, how deep does the hatred run with different individuals and does it become more diluted the longer we go without playing them?

[/quote]

This question is asked, on average, about once every two weeks. It is getting a bit tired.

[/quote]

Yet you elect to respond twice...? If you''re so bored with it, ignore it. Now I hope you are wearing a hard hat because I''d hate you to do yourself a mischief if you fell off your high horse......

Much as Ronnie Biggs finds a way to stay alive, to the same meaningless purpose

(though I''m not sure even at this stage if he would like to be associated with them)

"jas the barclay king" Bolloc*s To Ipswich!

Most sensible thing written on this thread! In the bin with ''em!

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yet you elect to respond twice...? If you''re so bored with it, ignore it. Now I hope you are wearing a hard hat because I''d hate you to do yourself a mischief if you fell off your high horse......[/quote]

Thanks for the guidance but I will respond to what I like. I respond to interesting things and I comment on things that are s***e. This thread clearly comes in the second category.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yet you elect to respond twice...? If you''re so bored with it, ignore it. Now I hope you are wearing a hard hat because I''d hate you to do yourself a mischief if you fell off your high horse......[/quote]

Thanks for the guidance but I will respond to what I like. I respond to interesting things and I comment on things that are s***e. This thread clearly comes in the second category.

[/quote]

Three....

"I comment on things that are s***e. This thread clearly comes in the second category"

Maybe some folk might think your comment is s***e.

Whether that is due to the content of that post or simply because of who posted it up may require a thread of it''s own. Who knows.

[quote user="City1st"]

"I comment on things that are s***e. This thread clearly comes in the second category"

Maybe some folk might think your comment is s***e.

Whether that is due to the content of that post or simply because of who posted it up may require a thread of it''s own. Who knows.

[/quote]

More than likely. Wouldn''t be the first time and, in all probability, won''t be the last. Such is life.

The thing is if they do start do dwindle and fall down the leagues then so will the ferocity of the rivalry, the next generation would have slightly less hatred and the next even less and so on. Until eventually, in a couple of generations, the rivalry would become no more, and I would not like that to happen.

The reason us and Ipswich became a rival match is because we''re two clubs relatively close to each other both in distance and in league standings. Without either one of these aspects the rivalry would no doubt eventually cease. Otherwise our main rivals would be Lowerstoft, or the team that we''ve been in the same league with most frequently.

The rivalry is a special part of this club and one of the biggest derbies in the country (rated 2nd fiercest), making every fixture a huge occasion. With the best atmosphere.

"The rivalry is a special part of this club and one of the biggest derbies in the country (rated 2nd fiercest), making every fixture a huge occasion"

What a pile of old bol lox !

It is no part of our club whatsoever. Fans may see a game against them has having extra significance but that is it.

As to "one of the biggest derbies in the country " that is even more horse sh ite. If you want size go to Man Utd/Man City, Arsenal/Spurs, Liverpool /Everton. If you want serious rivalry go to West Ham/Millwall, Cardiff/Swansea. Pompey/Soton or even Celtic/Rangers.

And if you want to read what genuine City fans think of the thieving scum down the A140 read this thread.

Where they finish is their concern. Whether they end up where they deserve is not really our concern either.

But I''m sure City fans enjoyment of these past couple of seasons hasn''t been dimished in any way by not playing those lowlife - amd I doubt one single City fan would swap Sturdays game for a visit to poorman road. 

No I am not overly fussed about their league position at all, and I''m not saying I would take that instead of Premier League football, all I''m saying that is I would not mind if they came up. It would add extra to our season every season. Imagine if we get relegated back to mid-table championship football, without that fixture the seasons would be pretty dire.

This is a quotation taken from Wikipedia -

''''According to the Football Rivalries Report 2008, the East Anglian derby is the second fiercest rivalry in England after the Black Country derby between West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers.[2][3]''''

I like how you suggest that I''m not a genuine fan because I don''t share the same level of hatred as you.

So given the choice, between never playing Ipswich again, or playing Ipswich again, what would it be?

I can''t believe how many people want to wave goodbye to a fixture which has probably produced your most popular memories of being a City fan.

Do people just hate the thought of losing to Ipswich so much that they''d rather never play them again?

"Do people just hate the thought of losing to Ipswich so much that they''d rather never play them again?"

Nice try binboy, but you are not fooling anybody

as with your previous sh ite -

"2 Derby games every year would be great!"

"That may be why, I haven''t really had any massive reason to hate on them personally "

"I understand what you say about them dropping down the leagues but then what after that?  It would get boring not playing them."

"I think the derby game is something to relish each season and if we''re destined to be a mid table team it gives us the chance of our own little victory every year, and if we don''t beat them one season.. the sweeter it will be the next time we do! "

"I''m surprised how many are against playing Ipswich regularly"

"I just wish them to be in the same league as us"

so many posts all trying to defend our thieving neighours .... hmmm ?

"Where''s the excitement in never playing them?"

rather like where''s the fun now Jimmy Savile is dead

Now why not jog along down to the pub binboy, and get yourself a pint - you could even have a couple if the barmaids not looking and you can nick the charity collecting tin

when did I ever say

''I just wish they were in the same league as us''

I hope you don''t actually think I''m a binner, if I was an Ipswich fan would I seriously have signed up and posted nearly 200 times on a Norwich City forum, and not even once insult Norwich fans, just saying on two threads that I like to have the derby fixture on the list.

Either way you cracked me up then, well done wrinkles

Curiously you don''t show up with 99 posts

you do show up with - "I just wish them to be in the same league as us"

though that is not the ''revealing'' comment

I leave you to work out which one it is and it''s not related to your football allegiance (whatever that is)  - more a case of where you are from

People who hate Ipswich with a passion (like me), don''t understand people who don''t hate Ipswich with a passion.

It must be something to do with how we are brought up, I was brought up in a family which hated Ipswich Town with a passion.

Perhaps the difference is that those who don''t hate Ipswich with a passion were not brought up in passionate Norwich supporting households.

[quote user="City1st"]

That''s very philosophical, old fella

[/quote]

That''s me all over. And not so much of the "fella"

I happen to enjoy the atmosphere and excitement of derby games and think it''s a fixture that belongs back in the top flight. Does that make me a binner City1st? You strange creature.

I like to see them scratching around, looking up at their betters. The further they have to crane their necks, the better.

I don''t miss playing them, I don''t miss their cess pit of a town, I don''t miss their dung beetle fans.

I bet St John''s Ambulance missed the 95% of the money they were owed though.

Horrible club, horrible fans, no class. On or off the pitch.

[quote user="splutcho"]I happen to enjoy the atmosphere and excitement of derby games and think it''s a fixture that belongs back in the top flight. Does that make me a binner City1st? You strange creature.[/quote]

When you say "belongs" in the top flight, Ipswich have been in the top tier of English football for 5 out of the last 26 seasons......in no way do that horrid club in any way belong in the Premiership.