Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

What do NCFC fans REALLY think about Ipswich Town?

As they teeter on the precipice of League 1, the truth is they''ll probably manage to stay up. But what do we WANT to happen to them?

Do you want to see them drop like a stone until they are no more?

Do you want them to rally a bit but forever remain in our shadow?

Do you want them to have some sort of miraculous resurgence and make the Derby a Premier League fixture?

Do you want them to win Euromillions so they can pay off the St John''s Ambulance and everyone else they mugged?

Opinions?

To take your question more seriously, Warren, I''m not into hatred. I like to see City beat them as much as anybody, but that aside, I''m pretty indifferent about what happens with them. I''d much rather focus on City 100%!

I''d like to see them suffer the humiliation of getting relegation to League One and fail to get up at first attempt, taking a good three or four seasons to get promoted again (preferably losing in the play-off semi finals for three consecutive seasons), then winning promotion back to the Championship but by finishing 2nd (so without the glory of a league winners medal and without the pleasant experience of a play-off final at Wembley), and then I''d like to see them come up with plenty of optimism that they would be able to "do a norwich" before reverting straight back to the type (spend millions every year on finishing in the bottom third of the table).

I feel that the misery of League One would be suitable justice for the attitude that their fans, local papers, and club executives had when mocking us upon relegation.

I''d draw the line at anything more severe such as complete obliteration or a Luton style slide into non-league, because I''d fear that many of there pathetic neanderthalic fans would start attending Carrow Road, and that wouldn''t be a good thing. It is quiet enough as it is, for a start, and most of them smell funny.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]I don''t really understand the question..
[/quote]

That doesn''t surprise me.

What I''m trying to ascertain is, how deep does the hatred run with different individuals and does it become more diluted the longer we go without playing them?

"That doesn''t surprise me" = LOL

He just asked me to provide a definition of "legend" on my Hoolahan thread, so it doesn''t surprise me greatly either.

Quote from TIL1010:-

This ''other football'' section has three more Binner threads started by Nutty,Lappinitup and me. Now call me old fashioned but we get accused of being members of a forum gang so it appears The Butler gets away with it for reasons only known to those with the power of the button.Confused [*-)]Confused [8-)]

Strange that the three haven''t appeared on this thread[:O]

[quote user="The Butler"]

This ''other football'' section has three more Binner threads started by Nutty,Lappinitup and me. Now call me old fashioned but we get accused of being members of a forum gang so it appears The Butler gets away with it for reasons only known to those with the power of the button.Confused [*-)]Confused [8-)]

[/quote]

What''s strange about that?

Being mentioned now by two posters is certainly provocative. What would you like to talk about?

i don''t really want them to go down. they might do reasonably well in league1. i would rather see them in another relegation fight next season. it is a lot more fun seeing them struggle.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]"Being mentioned now by two posters is certainly provocative. What would you like to talk about?" The Academy? :p[/quote]

Would that not take the thread off topic? Or do you still want to big up ipswich''s academy over ours?

Although I do know some decent Binners, generally they are not a likeable lot. I feel sick when I see blue and white and their club badge.

I never want them in the same league as us. I have always hated derby games, even when we win, the game itself is agony for me.

It would be nice if they rested in League 2 for many years. I don''t want them going any lower as my local team Bury Town may have to play them.

Ah! The sun is out now and I''ve had a marvellous afternoon. Nurse - you can put your clothes on now!

Btw the nurse is female .... of course!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Only just visited this site for the first time today actually Butler so whilst here i must ask how you did get away with not being moved to Room 101 ? Anyway i will contribute to the thread subject unlike some hey ?

Ipswich are top of my hated list,yes i hate them and if they were to go the way of Portsmouth or Glasgow Rangers i would laugh my socks off. Scum always have been just that and always will be.

Anyway what do you reckon on Ipswich then Butler or was your post merely of a provocative nature ?

Has there ever been a time in the respective League histories between us and them when there has been a TWO division gap between us?

Remembering the stick that we got when we went down to League One ,for them to do that that whilst we''re a Premiership side would be a nice extra bit of historical ammunition in our favour?

Ask a Southampton fan how they will feel at the end of this season if they remain in the Premiership and Portsmouth inevitably drop into the 4th tier of English football..........I''ll bet you wont find many of them shedding a tear?!?

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]The question is stupid, the answer is obvious Norwich city fan should neither hate or like them. 
[/quote]

??, If you were around for any of the derby matches in the 80''s/90''s you''ll understand why ''hatred'' is a natural feeling for that contemptable football club?

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]The question is stupid, the answer is obvious Norwich city fan should neither hate or like them. 
[/quote]

Yet your response makes no sense at all.

I''d guess that you are indifferent then? Is it "just another game" when we play them?

Having asked the original question, my personal position is that I''d gladly watch them turn to dust. They are a vile club with history to match. If beating them 4-1 and 5-1 in the same season were to be our final meetings, well, that would suit me just fine.

[/quote]

Obviously you have never been unfortunate enough to have been around Scum fans at Scum HQ,in a pub or even worse on a train ? I don''t know about the question being stupid, for me and i am sure i post on behalf of the vast majority on here your response was even more stupid.

Its humorist hearing them lose, and I enjoy playing them and of course beating them. But wishing them to the oblivion is stupid being obsessed by them is stupid, they''re not much of a rival if they are no longer here to be played? Its not like you''d hate someone for being an Ipswich fan would you? You''d laugh at them on occasion. Banter them and dislike them for the 90mins but once the 90mins have gone and the tribal anguish has ceased, we all can be civilised humans again.

I would love to see them do a Portsmouth, the further they fall the better, if you worked or know some Sc*m then you would see them in a different light, a bunch of To**ers

"we all can be civilised humans again"

If the Ipswich fan is my employer/boss/client, then yes.

If the Ipswich fan is not my employer/boss/client, then.... feck dat.

What do NCFC fans REALLY think about Ipswich Town?And specify are we talking about;The club?The city?The fans?Or the people of Ipswich? Or the ideology of Ipswich, which I doubt you can be much proud of.