Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Is supporting Norwich City a good thing ?

That is something I find myself frequently asking.

And, when all things are taken into account, I have to say yes, it is a good thing.

Not as good as Christmas perhaps, but a lot better than when the key unexpectedly comes off a sardine can ... though if you have already opened the can it''s not so bad.

In fact you can use a tin opener, but that can get messy if you are not careful, more so if the sardines are in oil.

Which is why it is a good thing to have a tin opener handy in such cases ...

...... though probably not such a good thing as supporting Norwich City

I think

I love it[Y]

But I''m in the minority on here. The amount others complain about everyone from Delia to the youngest player in our academy you''d have to wonder why they spend so much money on tickets and so much time on here.

It''s undoubtedly a good thing - it has to be, or I have wasted most of my life!Probably not so good for your health or your bank balance - but, then neither are women!

Never known anything other than supporting Norwich and England so it obviously is a no brainer.For those that think otherwise just be careful what you wish for as imagine being Scottish and living in Ipswich.[;)]

That is a bit like the Welsh.

Can you be too Welsh is one of those often asked questions nowadays

I did ask a woman in the bus queue this the other day

and after quite a pause she said, yes, you can

she also said I should get off at Castle Meadow

which wasn''t actually correct , which just goes to show doesn''t it

Whenever I think of Wales it always makes me think of the sheep you can see from the Acle straight. I dunno if that''s a good thing.

Michael Wynn Jones has a Welsh name and he''s been financially supporting Norwich City for a while, thats a good thing................

unless it isn''t, makes you think.

Whatever happens in the remainder of my lifetime, I will be able to say that I saw Norwich win a cup final at Wembley and watched them away in Europe, which in my opinion are probably the two greatest experiences you can have as a football fan.

I can count myself fortunate to have been around in an era where I was able to see both of these where many Norwich fans in generations before and after didn''t and may not and fans of a lot of other clubs will never see.

I suppose I can''t grumble!?!

I think it is a good thing.

But like so many things, it''s not as good as it was. Viz isn''t as funny as it used to be, Wispa''s and Monster Munch are smaller. It''s the same with supporting Norwich.

You can''t stand up, the academy isn''t any good, we don''t qualify for Europe, we never finish top 6, we don''t have yellow nets anymore, the bloody goal music, On The Ball City is barked not sung, we don''t take cup competitions seriously, the refreshments are too expensive and we''ve got that bloomin'' hotel in the corner.

But yeah, it''s still a good thing.

I don''t think Michael is a Welsh name,

maybe he changed it

I once wanted to change my name to Roger, I was going to be a taxi driver

And I was going to have a pirate flag and call my cab the Jolly Roger

I didn''t get the job, so perhaps change isn''t always a good thing

who knows ?

I don''t

[quote user="City1st"]

I once wanted to change my name to Roger, I was going to be a taxi driver

[/quote]

I heard you once worked on a cruise ship and was known as Roger the cabin boy. [;)]

It''s never a good idea to drink too much in the afternoons City 1st. You''ll feel better after a nice lay down.

Is it ask a stupid question day? If that''s not a stupid question.

Supporting Norwich is what I assume manic depression to be like.

Its the lows that make the highs so good.

Wouldnt change it for the world

The large amount of plastics popping up from all over the world tends to suggest tht it is. Would we have had fans appearing from all around the world if we were still a championship team rather than one of the giants of English football.

[quote user="ricardo"]It''s never a good idea to drink too much in the afternoons City 1st. You''ll feel better after a nice lay down.
[/quote]

Were it to be true

it was actually no more than a gentle send up of some of the rather ridiculous and vacuous questions that were being put up

some got it, some didn''t

hey ho

more to the point, How many 60 odd year olds like myself still get excited about the club like  we did when we were nippers? I still feel like a teenager standing er sorry sitting in the Barclay.My mrs always insists that I turn up my pacemaker a few clicks before i leave home

[quote user="City1st"]Is supporting Norwich City a good thing ?[/quote]Not if you support them as manically, intensely, fanatically and passionately as I do, which is obviously more than you do or you wouldn''t have asked the question you great big plastic.

................ said the fly to the spider

Wha! Next you''ll be saying football isn''t a religion!

You don''t get a choice whether it is a good thing or not.

It is like having a very attractive woman as your wife (which I luckily do by the way ;oD), you might have some disagreements, you will have some lows, you will have some highs, but at the end of the day you have made that life long commitment . . .. .

. . . . . hang on

It''s nothing like that, how many of us ''chose'' to support Norwich? It''s more like an arranged marriage your stuck with for . . . .

. . . . . . what about divorce?

Ok, lets just say you get no choice you either support Norwich or you don''t. If you do, there is no alternative, you are utterly in-love with the beautiful beast that is the beautiful game played in yellow and green.

Sure daft things happen that make you sick to your stomach but you know no better.

I am a bit grumpy when we loose when I think we should have done better, philosophical when we loose against the financial heavy hitters with all their fancy mercenary Dans - ecstatic with every win.

Wouldn''t swap it for anything.

It was actually a send up, my dear fellow

much as my post entitled ''Stalinist censorship'' which highlights how certain folk can post as they see fit whilst those challenging them have their thoughts quickly erased

a very good post if I might say so