Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Has anyone noticed ?

Well as much as I like the look of Kei, he''s only scored 1 goal and already someone has written this song! Now had this been for Giggs after 1000 premiership games I could understand it!

To me it smacks of little club syndrome! Maybe it''s just me but I find it kind of embarrasing.

But hey ho, might just be me.

[quote user="Indy"]

Well as much as I like the look of Kei, he''s only scored 1 goal and already someone has written this song! Now had this been for Giggs after 1000 premiership games I could understand it!

To me it smacks of little club syndrome! Maybe it''s just me but I find it kind of embarrasing.

[/quote]

Nothing ''kind of'' at all Indy.

Its a total, cringeworthy, country bumpkin, Norfolk in breeding embarrasment!

No wonder the national media doesn''t take us seriously.

I don''t think I would go that far Wiz, but it will make other teams fans have a good laugh......

This is when I ask had that been an Ipswich semi celeb written a soneg about one of thier loan signings we would all be havigna damn good laugh! Rememebr poor old Ipswichcrazy bloke who got an utter going over that time...

I just don''t like things like this, must be me.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

... as someone mentioned before. Only 1 goal in 1 game. They would look very silly if that was his only goal and we don''t sign him beyond his loan.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''d say that going on other clubs messageboards and totally sucking up to them and at the same time criticising your own club is even worse..

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d say that going on other clubs messageboards and totally sucking up to them and at the same time criticising your own club is even worse..

[/quote]

On yer bike, I speak for me, not you, and without fear of your disaproval where I say it either!

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do realise that the Normal for Norfolk guy singing this is a comedian and I suggest you take it in the witty way it is meant - Christ some of you on here have no sense of humour and Wiz you are just a disgrace with your wittering on other fans messageboards!

He''s a comedian you retards, it even says it in black and white directly below the video on the link provided.

What is more cringeworthy? Norfolk people taking the mick out of themselves a little with a fake Norfolk accent, or typical inbred six fingered illiterates who are too brain dead to understand simply humour?

[quote user="Wiz"]Its a total, cringeworthy, country bumpkin, Norfolk in breeding embarrasment![/quote]That is a disgusting thing to say. But no more than we expect from a Son of Suffolk! [:@]

[quote user="Wiz"]

On yer bike, I speak for me, not you, and without fear of your disaproval where I say it either!

[/quote]I think the point you''re missing Wiz is that on the Villatalk website thread that City 1st found you quite clearly put yourself across as representing the views of a large number of people rather than your own. I''m sure more than one or two people reading that thread got the impression we''re all pitchfork wielding yokels until the facts came to light.

"as someone mentioned before. Only 1 goal in 1 game. They would look very silly if that was his only goal and we don''t sign him beyond his loan"

That will be 1 goal in 2 games, right? Clearly you have been paying a lot of attention, did you forget to turn on Radio Norfolk for the Fulham game?

FAO WIZ......

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii107/kimfuusd07/victim.jpg[/IMG]

Wiz isn''t Norfolk though is he?

I think it''s a right hoot! Why shouldn''t someone scoring a goal inspire someone to make a bit of a song, it''s not like it''s making him out to be some sort of prolific player is it?

It''s actually a take on his heart-shaped hands and his warm personality.

Sheesh, how seriously can people take it?

It has nothing to do with ''little'' club issues. If anything it is about our culture and heritage considering it''s composition is rather folky.

What is small club is how narrow minded some people can be - especially towards something a bit different.

[/quote]

[/quote]

And the same two posters...

I think it''s great. I was a huge fan of the Singing Postman as well! I like hearing our Norfolk accent on canary call too. I am a proud Norfolk man. (City boy mind you) and wonder about people who find our identity embarrassing..

[/quote]

the mask slips yet again

[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

the mask slips, again

Pulling the thread back to the original point for a minute...

The comedian in this video, ''Normal For Norfolk'', is a parody act. Although he is a local and a Norwich fan, he effects the accent and the songs as an ''in joke''. We can laugh at ourselves right? He plays around the pubs in the city and is hilarious. He sings about Emos outside the forum, losing your virginity at Banham Zoo and a great song in which Robert Rosario races Bryan Gunn to the North Pole.

You should check him out.

Yup.

Totally. To judge someone because of their accent hey? Some would argue ethnicity even.

Charming isn''t it. Norwich, surrounded by Norfolk - a very agricultural county, a beautiful county with colourful and amazing people of which many speak with a distinct accent which he derides.

I''m like Nutty, I like the accent.

But it means a lot to me. I have lived away from home ''Norwich'' in my time. For around 9 years in total from age 18 to 25. Spending time in Surrey, London and America. The Norfolk accent has come to mean ''home'' to me and comfort. Which is a strange concept as both of my parents are not from around here or speak with a strong accent of any sort.

And I''ll tell you something, there are very few places that I have visited that the people as the community will respond so strongly against injustice. I''d even say that about some areas of Norwich others love to look down upon.

And I do get pretty defensive when people decide to slag any aspect of it off. I used to hate people calling us ''in-bred'' when in London.

Chicken, I agree with everything that you have said on this thread. As will probably be apparent from my own posts. But.... you could do with brushing up a little on your mathematics. 25 - 18 = 7

Yeah noticed that typo after I posted. No edit button lol.

It was also because I was there for a while using my fingers to try and work it all out. Mainly owing to trying to count backwards from now and forwards from then at the same time. Talk about silly thinking.

I returned to Norfolk in 2007 having left in 2000, that probably would have been easier for my puny brain.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

[/quote]

[/quote]Have you heard it?

[quote user="canarygirl"]If you had a few more fingers you probably would have managed it.[:)][/quote]

[:)] You are probably right. Well more evidence for the lack of being inbred then. I shall have to record that.

I hope Wiz takes note.

The last thing this embarassing was that twatty band sining "Oh are ya" oh whatever and wanted it to be our new music. I dont know whats worse the bloke singing, the fact its national, or the fact its got that overweight prat Mike Liggins bobbing around like a monger.Yeah gotta jump on the "hide in shame" bandwagon, I got a new line for his song....."Who wrote a sh1te song Andy Paaalma ""Who as humiliated us natioanly, Andy paaalma"*sigh*

That''s not funny.  Now call me old fashioned but I reckon a comedian ought to be funny.  That look like he''s a mate with someone at the BBC and they''ve done a feature on him so he gets fame and fortune.  Disgusting.  I was so furious I practically puked up a kidney.