Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Hughtons facts this season / Lamberts facts last season

positive:more clean sheets (8 compared to 3)more 0-0''s (5 compared to 1)less goals conceded (40 to 43)negativemore times conceded 4 or more goals (5 compared to 3)less goals scored ( 25 to 38 )equalled the number of games we have failed to score in (9)less points (29 to 35)

While we''re at it:Interesting threads posted by Baldyboy: 0Interesting threads posted by Cautious Chris: 0Interesting threads posted by Mister Chops Lovechild: 0Incorrect use of apostrophe in latest user name: 1

[quote user="Mister Chops"]While we''re at it:Interesting threads posted by Baldyboy: 0Interesting threads posted by Cautious Chris: 0Interesting threads posted by Mister Chops Lovechild: 0Incorrect use of apostrophe in latest user name: 1[/quote]lol called it as it is

[quote user="Mister Chops Lovechild"] 

positive:

more clean sheets (8 compared to 3)
more 0-0''s (5 compared to 1)
less goals conceded (40 to 43)

negative

more times conceded 4 or more goals (5 compared to 3)
less goals scored ( 25 to 38 )
equalled the number of games we have failed to score in (9)
less points (29 to 35)

[/quote]

Shocking stats, thanks for this Lovechild.

Lol, theres undiscovered tribes in darkest Africa that knew that last comment would happen.[:)]

Baldyboy snots this season / Baldyboy snots last season

This season : -

Too defensive 8 clean sheets.

Last season : -

Not defensive enough 2 clean sheets

Conclusion : -

Baldyboy would be happy with 5 clean sheets. Or would he............

"Icecream Snow" Lambert fact this season - after 27 games he''s in the bottom three!

:-) I love a bit of schadenfreude.

[quote user="Herman "]"Icecream Snow" Lambert fact this season - after 27 games he''s in the bottom three!

:-) I love a bit of schadenfreude.[/quote]Well, as long as it''s consensual.I wonder if my lovechild will be posting on here this evening.  I suppose we did fail to keep a clean sheet.

Kind of. Was really trying to point out the stupidity of comparing last season to this season. Especially as this season we''ve managed home wins over Man United, Arsenal and Everton.Hughton isn''t Lambert and Lambert isn''t Hughton. But Norwich are 12th and Villa are in the relegation zone. I think Hughton has taken us forward.Given that Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves are currently 10th, 14th and 22nd in the Championship, I''d argue that this season''s Premiership is stronger than last years.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Herman "]"Icecream Snow" Lambert fact this season - after 27 games he''s in the bottom three!

:-) I love a bit of schadenfreude.[/quote]Well, as long as it''s consensual.I wonder if my lovechild will be posting on here this evening.  I suppose we did fail to keep a clean sheet.[/quote]Depends if you paid the CSA on time or not.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Are you sure about the apostrophe being misplaced, Mr. Chops? Where would you place it? Chops is plural, so the possessive apostrophe goes after the s, I think. [/quote]Mister Chops is singular.Apparently the poster is the lovechild of Mister Chops.The possessive would be "Mister Chops''s lovechild."  Very Dickensian.

Hughton has had to deal with that dreaded season syndrome while Lambert had the benefit of momentum from promotion so in many ways Hughton is having a better season .

Indeed Yoda. And he''s undoubtedly having a better season than Lambert this time..

If we''re safe when we play Villa at home will the love-in for our former manager and the resulting prejudice over the current one result in  Norwich fans supporting Villa?

and this thread is actually wrong from the beginning.

we hadn''t kept our third clean sheet until the last game of the season.

our second was v bolton in early feb I believe.

if the rest of the statistics are up to this point in the season compared to this point last season, wouldn''t it be 8 compared to 2? as it is more than probable that we can round it off to 10 by the end of the season.

10 v 3

that''s an amazing turn around. keeping over 3x more clean sheets, while scoring well over 1/2 as much. not many teams could make that kind of turn around in one season under a new, learning manager.

[quote user="Mister Chops Lovechild"] positive:more clean sheets (8 compared to 3)more 0-0''s (5 compared to 1)less goals conceded (40 to 43)negativemore times conceded 4 or more goals (5 compared to 3)less goals scored ( 25 to 38 )equalled the number of games we have failed to score in (9)less points (29 to 35)[/quote]Hughton''s facts this season / Lambert''s facts this seasonPositive:More clean sheets (9 compared to 5)More goals scored (27 to 26)Fewer goals conceded (41 to 52)More points (32 to 24)More wins (7 to 5)More draws (11 to 9)Fewer defeats (9 to 13)

Negative:Some of our "supporters" are no doubt disappointed by this [:''(][:''(][:''(]

Isn''t anyone else a little concerned though? His not posting may have nothing to do with the result. It could just be coincidence. I do hope the poor old boy hasn''t gone down with anything[W]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Isn''t anyone else a little concerned though? His not posting may have nothing to do with the result. It could just be coincidence. I do hope the poor old boy hasn''t gone down with anything[W]

[/quote]

Not to worry - I''m told that it''s a temporary case of message board laryngitis, and is likely to be fully cured just after we play Manchester United at Old Trafford.

[quote user="Mister Chops Lovechild"]oh I have posted since we beat Everton daddy, just for once you have got your facts wrong!!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah but what name did you use baldy,i mean Chris er i mean Mr Lovechild ? [*-)][8-)]