Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Man United are Playing a Weakened Side against Us

They always think we are a pushover, I have been reading there forums for days, their entire focus is on the Real Madrid game. As the article suggest this Saturday is almost being seen as a training session.

I think this is the best time to play them- RVP and others rested, the other players will not want to pick up an injury, so they are left out of the Real game.

Their eye is off the ball, they should remember the last two games between us. We need 3 points, they do not. Our confidence is up after Everton.

I think Old trafford could turn into the theatre of Canary dreams!  I will be there.

From their perspective they are so far ahead in the PL, they can afford to prioritise the champs league, and against RM they''ll need their strongest possible team

So fair enough for them to rest some players, and on paper the team they put out will still be stronger than ours.

But last year we outplayed them for much of the game at OT and we''ll go with high confidence and nothing to lose, so we have a realistic chance of 1 or 3 points. I''m really looking forward to it. It would be great to upset the complacency of some of their fans!

The other side of the coin is that the players who come in will want to prove a point. Could end up being a tougher game than if we played their first choice 11 who have it in the back of their minds that the title is sewn up.

It''s true the players that come in may want to prove a point but Man United don''t have the strength in depth they once did in my view. We are clearly better off playing a side with players rested than playing their full strength team. Still very tough admittedly but gives us a sniff.

Someone posted up a possible Man Utd Second XI side on here a few days ago; they may not have the strength in depth they once did, Jim Smith, but there weren''t many of our first team players I would have taken above that second string side!

Man Utd also just have that mentality where it doesn''t matter who they put out on the pitch, or how off form/lacking in match fitness they are, they will always be difficult to beat.

But yes, if you were going to choose any time to play them, it would probably be 3 days before a champions league second leg against Real Madrid when they''re so far clear in the league it doesn''t really matter if they drop points.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Now is the time to make history, I can''t image we have ever done the double over them, but I am sure someone will put me straight if we have.[/quote]Here you go TFIY we did them twice in the 1988-89 season as follows:26/10/1988 venue Old Trafford Man Utd 1 NCFC 225/02/1989 venue Carrow Rd NCFC 2 Man Utd 1

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Now is the time to make history, I can''t image we have ever done the double over them, but I am sure someone will put me straight if we have.[/quote]Here you go TFIY we did them twice in the 1988-89 season as follows:26/10/1988 venue Old Trafford Man Utd 1 NCFC 225/02/1989 venue Carrow Rd NCFC 2 Man Utd 1[/quote]

Boy, we were good then!   

Tactically I think we need to let them have the better of the first half so SAF can''t give them the half-time hairdryer and wake them up.  Hit them in the 2nd!!

Me too and I think if we can carry some momentum from the last few matches into the game we stand a great chance of pulling it off. I''m pleased to see RVP sidelined and De Gea too because he seems to play blinders against us but no Ferdinand is a disappointment as I reckon Holty and KK would have given him a really hard time, the rest I''m indifferent about as I don''t think they have that much quality in their squad and attribute their elevated league position to the decline of the other "top" teams.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Now is the time to make history, I can''t image we have ever done the double over them, but I am sure someone will put me straight if we have.[/quote]

Here you go TFIY we did them twice in the 1988-89 season as follows:

26/10/1988 venue Old Trafford Man Utd 1 NCFC 2
25/02/1989 venue Carrow Rd NCFC 2 Man Utd 1
[/quote]

We did it the season after as well. 2-0 and 2-0.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

[quote user="ellis206"]I wonder if he''ll get fined like Mick McCarthy did at Wolves[/quote]

I agree, should work both ways.

[/quote]

True but I''m not holding my breath !

The good thing about playing Man U is that they do lose games at home sometimes against teams they "should" beat e.g. Blackburn last year.  And our players will be right up for the game.  Let''s hope we give it a real go and come back with a result.

They didn''t have a weakened team when we beat them at Carrow Road, and it matters little who they put out as a team.

It''s about who is up for it, who wants to win ..... and all too often who gets that bit of ''luck''.

The team we play will be made up of players that one of Europes top clubs deem to be their best 25 players.  This is not a club that has to patch up the squad and team will reseve hopeful or untried youth.

They have tens of millions each season to pick some of the best players around the world - if they are not good enough why are they at Old Trafford ?

So it''s still eleven against eleven. This what we dreamed of three years ago when were just up the road at Oldham.

Lord knows how many 100''s of millions will be watching. Not little ole norwich doffing their caps but Norwich City getting stuck in and giving it their best.

Another great day for the club and it''s fans ......... enjoy

Can I just say this.

Whilst I am the first to admit that my all consuming hatred of everything Manu stand for no doubt clouds my views but I honestly believe that they are an ordinary side even with the best 11.

Generally this is extremely good news for the likes of NCFC because it means the rest of the premier league are even worse or probably key less consistant than a very average United team that is running away with the title.

The premier league teams of 2005 would destroy most of the current teams (as they destroyed us)

For a club like them to continue to employ Giggs and Scholes is quite frankly a joke the old Manu would have had 3 better players waiting to come in.

They have the ability to win games when they play badly, we have seen this more than ever this season I honestly don''t think we need to fear anyone (except perhaps Luis Suarez!) in this league and certainly nobody in the manu team (especially in RVP isn''t playing)

We should be relaxed going in and have a chance of getting something out of the game, and if not it doesn''t matter.

Honestly for the first time in many many years I cannot think of many of there team I would actually want beyond Rooney and RVP.

Now Giggsy has his extra year on his contract, takes some of the incentive off of him.  Phew, with it being his 1,000th competitive game and he scored his first goal against us bet most journo''s already have the story written, but let''s wipe their faces in it - oh and smarmy Piers Morgan''s too (4-0 to ManUre his prediction).  Bookies odds of 11-1 for an NCFC win seem a sound bet for me to win some dosh as well.

We can do it Yellows.

Retake the yellow and green!

OTBC

I don''t expect anything from this game and that makes it all the more enjoyable pre-match (not so many nerves "jangling")... I hope we perform very well and if anything make them work very, very hard for a win... But most of all I hope for an upset like we all do!!! My uncle''s put a fiver on us to win and the last time he''s taken such a risk with the bookies...a 33-1 outsider he backed won the horse race at Kempton...Hope he gets it right again :-)

Just read RVP is in their squad.  Might work in our favour - get Seb to give him a knee in the hip early doors and that will keep him quiet and a passenger for the rest of the game!!!

[quote user="shefcanary"]Just read RVP is in their squad.  Might work in our favour - get Seb to give him a knee in the hip early doors and that will keep him quiet and a passenger for the rest of the game!!![/quote]

Yeah I just saw that and thought "Turner or Bassong to do a number on him?"

The RVP thing is definitely a smoke screen. He won''t play unless its a last ditch attempt to save the match like they did in 2004 when they brought on Rooney, Van Nisterroy and Ronaldo to save the da but we went on to win 2-0. Who of you we''re there for that? I distinctly remember Safri''s tackle on Rooney and we went on to score.

I really am not so sure about Man U not having a strong squad when compared to previous seasons or, the Premier League not being so strong as it has been. What I see is a Man U squad that has Scoles & Giggs purely as squad players, a great selection of experienced internationals and really talented younger players who have carved a huge gap between them and the rest and progressed in Europe....this has been / can only be done with a very strong squad. A second eleven for Man U could possibly get a top 10 place in The Premier League when our second string possibly wouldnt get mid table in The Championship. That all said, I believe that a point is not out of question if City play to the maximum and Man U dont have RVP playing...oh, I too am disappointed Rio is not playing (is that definate) as agree that Holt has a definite chance against him.

Anyway, hat we all know, is that IF we do get a result today it will ONLY be because Man U rested a few players, have theirs minds on the Real game, had an off day......and not because City played well.....still I''d take that any day of the week OTBC!