Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Hughton - This Is The Result Of Burning Your Players Out Defending

Hughton will justify his team set up and tactics on the basis of letting in a flood of goals when he went 4-4-2.

But our players are dead on their feet because it is impossible to defend deep for so long, have no space to pass because the opposition have been allowed to compress the play and NO WAY TO GET FORWARD with no pace up front.

This coach has NO confidence in his own players and puts them in a straitjacket. All game you can hear him shouting at them. Shut up Hughton! Let the players play like they did late against Everton.

Has no one else worked for a control freak boss who tries to manage everything, I have and it is de-motivating and demoralising.

If we stay up this season it will be in spite of Hughton and not because of him.

Well done to the players for showing heart and effort, especially with ''Coach Negative'' banging away in your ear all game.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

If we stay up this season it will be in spite of Hughton and not because of him. [/quote]That is simply nonsense.

Rudolph - You are normally one of the more sensible posters on here - but as sure as night follows day you can be relied upon to come on here spouting histrionic nonsense within minutes of a defeat.

I sit very near to the dugouts. Lambert encouraged and occasionally directed as other managers do. Hughton never stops berating the players.

Lambert kept his distance from the players generally, they were scared of him and with prima Donna footballers they have to be scared of their manager or it falls apart.

Hughton is a COACH and not a manager, he shouts tactics rather than inspires and motivates.

Look, I know a lot of you love him and think he''s our second season saviour. I appreciate he will get his job done in keeping us up almost certainly but if this is how he managed at Newcastle where they love their attacking football it''s no wonder they replaced him.

We are a much better side with much better players than we were set up to play today.

Yeah really impossible.. Chelsea only did it 3 times in champion league and won whole sh*t and that is only one example.

Sitting deep isnt really that hard nor exhausting. Chasing the ball is and that we would have done all game along with starting more offensive formation.

I''m really tired for armchair managers who have kicked few years ball in their youth tries to say what is possible and what is impossible.

I can say for sure that we had better odds with trying to counter than with open attack and pressing and thats why we stay up because of Hughton not because of armchair managers.

Our problem at the moment isnt for us playing too deep or lacking pace. It is our passing game and that is up to players not hughton.

Howson and Johnson both had poor game. Hoolahan and Snoddy werent their best either not to mention Holt.

But I wouldnt blame our players that much either. At the end it was quality of ManU which made us look so poor. Their pressin and passing was so good that we just didnt get from our half even when we started to try and after Hoolahan was changed it we really didnt have other options than long balls.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I sit very near to the dugouts. Lambert encouraged and occasionally directed as other managers do. Hughton never stops berating the players.

Lambert kept his distance from the players generally, they were scared of him and with prima Donna footballers they have to be scared of their manager or it falls apart.

Hughton is a COACH and not a manager, he shouts tactics rather than inspires and motivates.

Look, I know a lot of you love him and think he''s our second season saviour. I appreciate he will get his job done in keeping us up almost certainly but if this is how he managed at Newcastle where they love their attacking football it''s no wonder they replaced him.

We are a much better side with much better players than we were set up to play today.[/quote]

"Hughton is a coach and not a manager, he shouts tactics rather than inspire and motivates."

How dare he shout tactics!!!!!!!!!!! worst ever manager.....or as you say ''coach'' ;)

"Hughton is a COACH and not a manager, he shouts tactics rather than inspires and motivates. "

Oh yeah and this is why England and english teams are so poor compared material they have ^^ Always about motivating the players and not following the tactics. Thats why mostof big teams hire manager outside of England as they understand about importance of following tactics.

This is why Ancelotti, Mourinho and AVB are so rated. They dont motivate their players when on the field they tell them what to do there.

I thought you were well over the top with that RH. Their first goal was a touch unfortunate but typical Man U. Rooney''s goal was something you can''t legislate against. They are different class to most teams in this league and we simply aren''t in that class. Disappointing yes, but not entirely unexpected.

Blah blah blah. I really think the comments of our so called supporters are far more negative than Hughtons tactics could ever be. So far this season its Man Utd 3 points - Norwich City 3 points. Get over yourselves doom mongers!!!

Personally I think sitting back can work if you deploy pace up across the front line to

enable you to counter attack. A certain José Mourinho won the Champions League using the very same tactic. However, without pace it proves counter-productive.Today it was similar to the Man City away game last season under Lambert. That day we set

out to defend deep. Nearly got to half time, but conceded

just before. Then played our way into the game, but tired and got caught

off the pace in the final quarter of an hour. Eventually getting

trounced. This season Utd have scored against every team at Old Trafford at least

twice, apart from West Ham. So the odds were always against us today.Put it right next week and we''re back on track. This match was never going to define our season. The next three might.

Perhaps we should not have sat as deep as we did, but we played for a draw, not a win, not a loss. I don''t think you can be as harsh on hughton as your being after losing to Man U - they''re top of the league, and the one up front to start off with was a good decision, yet i agree we should have had more effective counter attacks but overall, can the doomongers not see that he''s building his own team which, as history shows us will be ultimately a solid 442 formation. Get Real

''I appreciate he will get his job done in keeping us up almost certainly but if this is how he managed at Newcastle where they love their attacking football it''s no wonder they replaced him.''

I remember hearing a lot of comments from Newcastle fans with regards to Hughton and not one that was criticising his tactics..

It was Ashley''s decision to sack him and the fans decision to protest it and complain.

Also this team is a work in progress with it being Hughton''s first season in chance, I am sure he will be looking to address our attack over the course of the summer, have faith

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If we stay up this season it will be in spite of Hughton and not because of him. [/quote]Hot on the heels of last week''s "Hughton the accidental hero" post after he changed the game and we beat Everton, I suspect you''ve decided you just don''t like the new manager and will twist facts accordingly.We win > He was lucky and gets no creditWe lose > It''s his fault and gets the blameNot fair, is it?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If we stay up this season it will be in spite of Hughton and not because of him. [/quote]Hot on the heels of last week''s "Hughton the accidental hero" post after he changed the game and we beat Everton, I suspect you''ve decided you just don''t like the new manager and will twist facts accordingly.We win > He was lucky and gets no creditWe lose > It''s his fault and gets the blameNot fair, is it?

[/quote]

What Mr. Chops says

[quote user="Jet heeled frontman"]So far this season its Man Utd 3 points - Norwich City 3 points.[/quote]Man U have only dropped thirteen points all season and we''ve had three of them...the rest of the league have had to share the other ten points between them.. I''ll settle for that!

Sorry, the OP is wrong on this. Again.

Losing at Man U is the result of them having better players than pretty much any other team in the world in pretty much every position!

Seems fairly straightforward to me

Until the tactical genius Hughton brought on Kamara, who he admitted he knew little about but relied on his scout''s reports, against Everton last week we were in exactly the same position as today.

We were so deep the Everton centre halfs were in our half; and this has been the case in a lot of other games this year, why? Because we have no pace up front to counter attack and Holt drifts wide leaving the opposition central defenders as spectators.

Wes has no pace and unless we come forwards as a unit we can pose no threat. But we don''t play ball playing central midfielders so cannot pass our way forward.

We score most of our goals from crosses but don''t play to this strength. Kamara scored from a corner after Pilks, who should have started, came on and ran at defenders. At this point Hughton, if he could, would have stopped the game and taken a point by his own admission.

The crowd sensed a win though and so did the players, particularly Kamara who was high on adreneline and we went for it as we should have done against lesser opposition so many times this season.

So, once again, as a supporter with an opinion I get derision and abuse. I am elucidating my opinions but don''t get constructive argument back. I have seen us lose at Manchester Utd many times but have never seen us turn up with such an inferiority complex. What was in the players minds when they went out?

Of course I want to be proven wrong. I hope Hughton keeps us up comfortably, I hope he buys a ball playing midfielder and a competent pacy striker and melds us into a good side next season but I won''t be paying to watch this brand of football.

I seem to remember the Messiah getting stick for sitting back too much and not shouting enough away at Sunderland last season!

For me personally, I don''t care how Hughton plays so long as we survive. Hoof ball, over conservative or negative if we are still a Premier League team for the next few seasons I will be thrilled as financially it will transform this club.

Too many recent years of exasperating Championship football makes me forever grateful to be competing at this level and before the final 15 minutes we could even have nicked a lucky point.  

Until the tactical genius Hughton brought on Kamara, who he admitted he knew little about but relied on his scout''s reports, against Everton last week we were in exactly the same position as today.

[/quote]

You see, you could have just said "Until Hughton changed the game against Everton by bringing on Kamara" but you even had to get a sly dig (two, actually) in there.  You''ve seemingly lost the ability to be fair and reasonable.

Sorry Rudolph - I did not try to abuse you - of course you are entitled to your opinion - but on this I cannot agree with you.

I''ve seen plenty of intelligent posters make very constructive argument on this - both ways actually as it seems to be the debate essentially every week!

CH is more defensively solid than PL - and he doesnt seem to rate many of the players PL left him. This season has to be all about staying up and he is keeping that end of the bargain.

I think his signings have been excellent so far, and he certainly seemed to start from the back.

I agree absolutely with you about the type of players I hope he goes after in the summer. I think we need more than one passing midfielder - BJ, Tettey and Howson all seem incapable of passing to a Norwich shirt at the moment! I think if we stay up he will try to bring in another 5 or 6 players and hopefully we will strengthen for next year that way.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

I seem to remember the Messiah getting stick for sitting back too much and not shouting enough away at Sunderland last season!

[/quote]

Yes, he was supposedly "in awe of O''Neill".

We lose and the Pandora''s box of whinging springs open.

We were so deep the Everton centre halfs were in our half; and this has been the case in a lot of other games this year, why? Because we have no pace up front to counter attack and Holt drifts wide leaving the opposition central defenders as spectators.

Wes has no pace and unless we come forwards as a unit we can pose no threat. But we don''t play ball playing central midfielders so cannot pass our way forward.

We score most of our goals from crosses but don''t play to this strength. Kamara scored from a corner after Pilks, who should have started, came on and ran at defenders. At this point Hughton, if he could, would have stopped the game and taken a point by his own admission.

The crowd sensed a win though and so did the players, particularly Kamara who was high on adreneline and we went for it as we should have done against lesser opposition so many times this season.

So, once again, as a supporter with an opinion I get derision and abuse. I am elucidating my opinions but don''t get constructive argument back. I have seen us lose at Manchester Utd many times but have never seen us turn up with such an inferiority complex. What was in the players minds when they went out?

Of course I want to be proven wrong. I hope Hughton keeps us up comfortably, I hope he buys a ball playing midfielder and a competent pacy striker and melds us into a good side next season but I won''t be paying to watch this brand of football.

[/quote]

"I won''t be paying to watch this brand of football"

There are plenty of people on the waiting list for a season ticket. Hughton is building something, you''ll see sooner or later