Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Frustrating...Im sorry for the fans. Hughton has to have a go!

Watched the game on a stream. I really would have preferred us to go with 2 up top from the word go. Instead holt is by himself...it gave United''s defence the opportunity to go forward all game knowing there is just holt up top by himself. It was poor...no shots all game..dreadful...feel sorry for the fans. Hughton has to pick the players up again...we have taken some thrashings away from home...surely hughton should just go 2 up top to change it? Have a go!

lmao

ive been calling for his head since 5 games in, city get tonked by 4 by the best team in the league and now you want him sacked ?

dont be a fool, its one thing getting turned over by fulham its another getting done by a team thats one of the top 5 in europe

Hang on.

Didn''t Hughton change it earlier like everyone was saying a few weeks ago?

We were still only 1-0 down until he brough Kamara and Bennett on and went 4-4-2.

People just need to be realistic, at home we stand a chance against anyone - but the reality is the likes of Man Utd etc are normally going to be just too good for us.

In the grand scheme of things this game means nothing to us.

Next week is ten times more important.

I love supporting my team don''t get me wrong...I know everyone has different opinions.l.but seriously...no shots all game! Surely that is enough to get upset by?! You think the fans that went deserve to see a game that we had no shots in? I know we will bounce back but there has been many frustrating performances like that this season.

he was looking for a draw, like he has done all season against certain clubs, we were never going to get anything from this one its utd at old trafford, city havnt won there since 1989!!!

Yes I to am infuriated and agree we should fire Hoots.We went to Manchester Utd and played defensively, really we should have started with a formation like BunnBassongPilks    Howson  Wes    E.Bennet SnoddyHolt , Becchio, Kamara, Jackson

With this sort of offence at Old Trafford, we would have been at least 12-0 up by the 30th minute and having Bass at the back on his own would have meant that scrubs like RVP and Rooney would be shut out before they even reached the box.

Lord give me fucking strength, what on earth did people expect from today ?

[quote user="technika"]he was looking for a draw, like he has done all season against certain clubs, we were never going to get anything from this one its utd at old trafford, city havnt won there since 1989!!![/quote]I recall that! Wasn''t it Gary Pallister''s first game for Man U?

I think it''s a mentality thing. Its Manchester United...teams set up all defensively. I know Blackpool got relegated their season in the prem...but they were good to watch,,they seemed to play with no fear. I agree with one of the commentators on the link I watched that when we break we have no pace going forward. Maybe this is something we address in the summer. I know people talk about the murphy twins...maybe an opportunity for them at some point...they have pace. Just some thoughts of mine!

Yes but the main point is that Blackpool went down, whereas we''re not going to, so I''m not overly convinced why they keep being brought up...

What did people honestly expect from today? Runaway leaders and best team in country, at home, were gonna beat us 99 times out of 100. Attacking from the start may have seen them score more, as you saw the second we went 2 up top the goals started flying in.

What''s that animal that rolls over and plays dead when confronted ? Maybe we should do that when we play the top six and conserve our energy when we play the bottom teams ! Utter bollocks. Lets all kow tow to mighty Man U . Disgraceful we beat them at home what was we thinking.

It was the manner of the defeat...no shots on goal in the whole match? I think that''s unacceptable....I know we have got bigger games coming up but still...I just think that holt must be frustrated playing up top by himself in many games...not getting a sniff. For the fans that went to the game..how much did your day out cost....all to go and see us not even have one shot on target in the whole match?

I really really really dont get the praise heaped on Blackpool?

They went down. First season. We are on our way to a third.

Currently 16th in the Championship, right beside Ip5w1ch and drew 0-0 with Bristol today.

Yet time after time I read on here that we should take them and the football they played as a model?

Think I''ll stick with how we''re doing tbh!

I don''t see why we can''t be negative....I''ll praise the team but the stats in the game today proved a point...we had no attacking intent for the large part. We need to shoot in order to score goals...there was none of that today...we move on...but surely it must knock the morale of the players...anyone else think we need tettey back ASAP?

Instead of crying and trying to hang yourself, could you put together a reason as to what you might have done better ?Id be inclined to agree with you if we had just faced QPR at home, but the fact we played a 15 pts clear in form ( on fire ) man utd, its really not all that shocking...

and look on the brightside.... everyone might stop masterbating furiously over Kei Kamara and come back to planet earth !

Not crying or trying to hang myself but from what I saw it appeared that we never really believed in ourselves.

I get all the ''they cost millions more than us'' bit but they didn''t have to do much to beat us and that is what was disappointing !

If Hughton keeps us up which is not a gimme yet then its job done as long as we get better players in next year and give it a go. But... I do ''Bow'' to your 4000 + posts !

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]It seems he was happy just to lose 1-nil
[/quote]

I got that impression too Che........but it always was going to be a hard ask.

[quote user="Firedawg"]Not crying or trying to hang myself but from what I saw it appeared that we never really believed in ourselves.

I get all the ''they cost millions more than us'' bit but they didn''t have to do much to beat us and that is what was disappointing !

If Hughton keeps us up which is not a gimme yet then its job done as long as we get better players in next year and give it a go. But... I do ''Bow'' to your 4000 + posts ![/quote]LOL whats that got to do with anything ?Hoots will keep us up, I tend to agree he does play un-attractive and un-inventive football but you have got to take the business plan into account.His whole goal is to keep Norwich in the Premierleague, we might not like how he is doing it but he has almost got us home safe. Whinge all you want when we go down, or if he does not strengthen over the Summer and we are sat in the same battle next year.Surely the whole goal is something like : Survive, Establish and Thrive.We are still in the Survival stage, with establishment a good 2 years away in my honest opinion. I mean really, who do you expect us to attract without busting the budget on transfers and wages. If we do this we could see ourselves going to the Championship with everyone jumping ship and a world load of debt.Ill happily put up with crap football for a few years if it means we can build on it !

" It was the manner of the defeat...no shots on goal in the whole match? I think that''s unacceptable.. "

I don''t care what stats are - do you really believe that? Were our players shooting (or crossing) somwhere other than in the general direction of the goal then... ? You are only going to get a few chances there and that''s exactly what we got.

Nexus, I agree in regards staying up being the ''be all and end all'' and if we are in the same position next year, well... But after last week I honestly thought we had a chance and it was the way we set up - trying to avoid entering their half that bothered me. And you know what they say about people with ''Large posts'' !

I love the different opinions on here...and I know we can talk all day about the game...but the stats do show just how little we did today. I think we will stay up I just struggle to accept some of the performances we put in that''s all....and again the fans who went to today''s match....you think they got value for money? Not one shot in the whole game....that I think is sad.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]I love the different opinions on here...and I know we can talk all day about the game...but the stats do show just how little we did today. I think we will stay up I just struggle to accept some of the performances we put in that''s all....and again the fans who went to today''s match....you think they got value for money? Not one shot in the whole game....that I think is sad.[/quote]According to the BBC stats we did manage one ( quite when that was I don''t remember )Hopefully there''re right as that would make us just a bit better than Blackburn who managed none at all in an away game last season.