Sign in to follow this  
bradley11

If we win against Southampton we're flying!

I don''t normally post, but reading some of the nonsense on here of late, has given me little choice.

With the majority of our really hard games (Spurs, Man UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City) games out of the way, granted we still have Arsenal to play and Man City on the last game of the season, things are most definitely looking bright for us.

People seem to constantly be looking behind them and predicting the worst possible scenario. How many people have said that if we lose to Southampton we''ll be sucked back in? Loads.

However, how many have said that if we win and results are favourable, well climb up to 10th place? Not many.

With the games we have left, things are set up nicely for us to exceed the season we had last year under Paul Lambert. Yes, we may not have scored the goals, but with the budget available, Hughton had a choice, improve the defence that leaked a lot of goals last season or improve a strike force that scored a lot of goals last year... People say on here "if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it" and that''s exactly what Hughton did.

We''re now 8th for clean sheets this season, something I would never thought could happen with last years defending. Unfortunately, the strikers haven''t clicked this year, but weve done enough to scrape by, and I''m sure this will be worked on in the summer.

Overall, we''re on for a very good season AGAIN and although this season hasn''t been exciting (although, I''d say potential to finish in the highest league position of my 18 years of life, very exciting), there will only be bright times ahead at Carrow Road.

Have a good day.

[quote user="Wiz"]There''s that word again...............IF.[/quote]So help me out here.  What other word would you use to refer to describe a future event without a pre-determined outcome?

Bear in mind also that Reading have to pay Soton, Villa and QPR. Plus Man U, Man C, Liverpool and Arsenal.QPR have to play Villa, Wigan and Reading.Plus Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton.Villa have to play Wigan, Reading and QPR. Plus Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.Wigan have to play QPR and Villa. Plus Spurs and Arsenal.Can you realistically see more than two of those teams winning more than 4 of the last fixtures?The toughest run in there is Villa for me. They HAVE to beat those teams around them to have any chance of staying up.I reckon 6 more points will be enough for us.

I can''t see any of the bottom 4 teams getting more than 33-34 points by the end of the season. You missed out the fact that Wigan have ManCity away next, WaY, making their task even more difficult.