Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

as Vaughan got a future with us or will he be sold to a chapionsip club

Not sure about this one. he ws a Lamert buy and whilst he had a ood eye for a player in league 1 and the championship many of his premiersip signings have been far less impressive. vaughan has been hampered by injuriesin the past and needed games. He has score aout 8 for Hudderfield ok but not exactly pulling up trees. Does he get another chance or is he in the shop window to gt ur £1 back and get him off the wage bill? I suspect wewil bring in better quality in the sumer an he will be moved on

[quote user="Wiz"]

I think he''d have done a far better job than CodyKei or Becchio have.

[/quote]It''s easy to make a claim like this in the knowledge that no comparison can ever be made.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

It''s easy to make a claim like this in the knowledge that no comparison can ever be made.
[/quote]

Thats down to Whoton....................not me.

Vaughan was a pretty strange buy - horrid injury record and didn''t do anything to allay that reputation last season, so it was hardly a surprise he was loaned out (I can imagine the moaning we''d have had each injury he had this season and there have been several).

It is odd that while PL''s signings were generally pretty good for the level we were at, his forward signings were a little ''iffy''. It does seem rather likely that Vaughan will be offloaded in the summer.

[quote user="Wiz"]

He''ll be sold imo.

[/quote]

Did you actually just say that?

[quote user="Wiz"]

He''ll be sold imo.

[/quote]

That''s a bit IF isn''t it Wiz?

If he had stayed injury free, which he didn''t at the start of the season. If he had proven himself to be better in training than the players we now have. If he actually wanted to be here.

I actually liked the look of Vaughan, but yes he should have done better at the level he is now to show he could cut it in The Premier League I guess. As for Becchio, I suggest he needs to be given a chance to impress before we overdo the criticism or even praise, did well last week I thought...

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]That line is just disgusting. And you claim to be a Norwich City fan?  Becchio has not been here long, and has done ok for us already. Give him a chance at least."CodyKei"  - We sign a new player, the best striker in MLS, and you are equating him to Cody Macdonald already.  Kei has already scored a great header, looked dangerous in every game he has played and that is all with under 90 minutes premier league football under his belt.You need to take a serious look in the mirror First Wizard, you might not like what you see.

People need to realise we are not a Chamionship team anymore.

Players like JV and Becchio are not good enough

SYG, how on earth do you know Becchio isn''t good enough?

Snodgrass came from Leeds, and he''s good enough. No reason why Becchio isn''t/can''t be.

Even Vaughan could be, but we will probably never find out.

Snodgrass is different class compared to Becchio! There''s a reason why at 28/29 he hasn''t played in the premiship before

[quote user="Gingerpele"]SYG, how on earth do you know Becchio isn''t good enough?

Snodgrass came from Leeds, and he''s good enough. No reason why Becchio isn''t/can''t be.

Even Vaughan could be, but we will probably never find out.[/quote]Snodgrass is a young player on the up, he has shown his ability from almost his first few appearances for us. If he had some pace he would be a top 4 player.Bechio is reaching his peak now, can make the grade?  It is far too early to write him off just yet.  But I don''t expect miracles from him.Vaughan is hardly setting the Championship alight. His future lies away from Carrow Road.

I should imagine a few will be allowed to leave this summer and go to championship or beyond, Tierney, Barnett, Jackson, Vaughan, C.Martin, Ward. And who knows what the future holds for Ayala, Fox, Surman, K.Smith, Adeyemi.

He had a poor injury record while an Everton player, but we must not forget that he was on loan with one of the London clubs before we signed him, and played somewhere between 20 and 30 games from memory. I assume that Lambert was encouraged to sign him partly for that reson and partly because of his early days at Everton.

He seemed to be our best striker pre-season in 2012, but then was never picked and went on loan. CH in panic signed Kane. I assume that this indicates that CH does not value him.

Is he worth considering, given that he will cost us nothing? I think that the answer is no. He has had a set of small injuries at Huddersield, and is their leading scorer, but I think that while he is a good championship striker, as were Moro and Jackson and even Martin, he will struggle to make the step up to Premiership. He will have a small transfer value, and we shall have lost most of our investment, but he has hardly set the Championship alight.

[quote user="SYG"]Snodgrass is different class compared to Becchio! There''s a reason why at 28/29 he hasn''t played in the premiship before[/quote]

Same as Holty, but we gave him the chance and look how that has gone [:)]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]It''s easy to make a claim like this in the knowledge that no comparison can ever be made. [/quote]

[/quote]Thankfully!! Unlike you Hughton is very knowledgeable about football and has the benefit of actually seeing our players perform other than on the wireless or in his imagination.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

It''s easy to make a claim like this in the knowledge that no comparison can ever be made.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thankfully!! Unlike you Hughton is very knowledgeable about football and has the benefit of actually seeing our players perform other than on the wireless or in his imagination.
[/quote]

Sigh, sometimes you just have to give up with certain posters.

I''m sure it was said at the time that Vaughan was sent out on loan to play games and prove his fitness.

If he can stay fit until the end of the season and score a few more goals then assuming he wants to come back he may well have a future here.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Too right wiz.[/quote]

G G G Gosh, you called me wiz............could this be love? [U]

I''ve always had a passion for pussies.[;)]

I doubt that Vaughan has got a future here, especially if we sign Kamara.

Holt, Kamara, Becchio + One.

If that ''one'' is a player of Hooper or Van Winky calibre, then when is he going to get on the pitch?

As for being sold in the summer, I''d say that there is a chance he will simply be loaned out again next year, depending on how much money he is on.

If he is on a good wage then he may prefer to run down the last year of his deal, as a bosman signing can always get a little bit more when it comes to signing on fee and wages.

Then again, perhaps he''d like to grab a three year deal somewhere in case of serious injury next season, but I can''t see him playing for Norwich next season. Decent Championship striker, not much more than that.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Sigh, sometimes you just have to give up with certain posters.

[/quote]Couldn''t have said it better myself still I''m a very patient person, I also wish some posters would give up incessantly slating our club, our players, our manager and our clubs owners as well don''t you Wiz????.....