Sign in to follow this  
technika

over reacting

some of you lot are bonkers, ive been moaning about hughton and his tactics all season, but if you lot expected points from today then youre absolutely crackerslet it go, this season was never going to be about results against man utd, man city & chelsea

next week is far more important, because its winnable

yeh but hughtons been doing the same thing all season, he sends them out in the same way yet again in the one game where city really have no expectations on them other than to show some effort and people are getting their knickers twisted

utd away just doesnt matter, its games like fulham, newcastle, west ham, qpr and all the other winnable ones where he didnt give it a go that people should have been p1553d about, not getting a hiding by the biggest club in the country

Don''t disagree Carra Rud but why would anyone be suprised, its pretty much how we''ve set up for every away game this season, its nothing new.

Of course its not ideal to not have a shot all game but we could have been more attacking, had some shots, maybe even scored but let in five or six.

Don''t understand the benefit of people getting wound up about losing a game we would lose 99 times out of a hundred, regardless of tactics.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Agreed, but I would suggest its the manner of the defeat that is rankling supporters today.[/quote]You mean two late goals putting a different complexion on the game.

[quote user="technika"] this season was never going to be about results against man utd, man city & chelsea

next week is far more important, because its winnable
[/quote]

Agree up to a point but what we are seeing in the ''winable'' game aint great is it?

wazzock -i didnt say it wastry re reading my first post and the other one

ive made it quite clear on here my opinion on hughtons style/tactics, hes bland and defensive, i dont like him but not even im daft enough to get wound up by not getting anything from old traffordafter the everton game i finally felt we would stay up, its far from over but at no point was i thinking we will turn utd over at home, its just a nothing match for cityill sure as hell be back on here going @pe5h1t if they dont get 3 points next week

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Carra Rud"]Agreed, but I would suggest its the manner of the defeat that is rankling supporters today.[/quote]You mean two late goals putting a different complexion on the game.[/quote]No and you know that

Interesting comparison against last season v Man U. Last year they scored 4 goals and we scored 1 and we got zero points. This year same goals but we got 3 pts. I know which I prefer!

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Interesting comparison against last season v Man U. Last year they scored 4 goals and we scored 1 and we got zero points. This year same goals but we got 3 pts. I know which I prefer![/quote]

this

Yep - anything today would have been an unexpected bonus - as to be fair the three points at CR were earlier this season.

Now we have 5 home games left

Southampton; Swansea; Reading; Villa; WBA

Those are all games I''ll be looking to see us going all out to win. 10 points from those and I''ll be happy

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Interesting comparison against last season v Man U. Last year they scored 4 goals and we scored 1 and we got zero points. This year same goals but we got 3 pts. I know which I prefer![/quote]

We''ll have none of that sort of talk on here Flash![;)]

Of course it was 1-0 until the 70th minute then what happened? I have been saying for weeks that substitutions don''t have to mean an improvement but at 0-1 it was woth a try. However at 0-0 it would have been mental.

Chris Hughton''s yellow army!

For those of you who weren''t at the game today, the NCFC away support was excellent (rinsed Man U fans to shreds) [I unfortunately was in the home end].

The fans chanted and clapped off the NCFC players because they acknowledged the effort put in. We did get in behind Man U in the first half but had some bad decisions on which ball to play and also the overhitting of the final ball. This was a trend in the match for both teams before the first goal in the 45th min

The point being we didn''t actually play that bad, we played in some fantastic balls into the box early in the second half, one by Snodgrass had all of the Man U fans thinking we had scored (we were at the other end of the ground). The one thing we didn''t do today which is what I would have done when I played football was kick a few of them, if we had got stuck in early doors they might have been more tentative with the Real match in the week

[quote user="ricardo"]You mean two late goals putting a different complexion on the game.[/quote]I think it is more to do with the one shot we managed in 90 minutes. Given we were defending tirelessly for 75 minutes, it is not a great shock that ManUre capitalised on our clearly knackered and demoralised team at the end.

So much of sport is played in the mind. When the second goal went in it would have drained the players whereas had we equalised it would have energised the side.

Just back having spent nearly hour and a half just getting away from the ground. Too many so called Man U supporters come from all over the country so basically you''ve got 70000 people all trying to get out of Manchester at the same time. A crowd full of tourists! Was expecting to see a lot of negative stuff whenI looked on here and was right. The truth is we held them to one nil till around seventy minutes, by which time the players were knackered and the flood gates opened. It was a shame they scored just before half time,that is always a real blow, but we came out a lot more positively in the second half and had a good spell. If we had managed to get one back who knows what would have happened. It was a long trip for a bit of a hiding in the end but the performance against such a good side was no where near as bad as some of you seem to be wanting to make out. I think we did all we could with what we have available to us.

Great banter in the away section, particularly the chanting at the end saying that the scouters beat us 5 nil, so Man U can''t be all that!

[quote user="ricardo"]

You mean two late goals putting a different complexion on the game.

[/quote]

You are right of course Ricardo

But the lemming element on here is at least consistent - there was an equal an opposite over-reaction to two late goals putting a different complexion on the game last week too [;)]

So, wait, Man United are better than us?

Why wasn''t I told this before? This is ground breaking news.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

But the lemming element on here is at least consistent - there was an equal an opposite over-reaction to two late goals putting a different complexion on the game last week too [;)]

[/quote]

And in Cody Kei too imo.

He''s still a MLS, Stoke rejected trialist and always will be.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And in Cody Kei too imo.

[/quote]

You really are getting tiresome now Wiz.

I really think you either ought to follow another club (I hope you note I did not say support) or in fact follow another sport as your constant posts are nothing but childish, attention seeking rants.

I am still waiting for something positive to come from you.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And in Cody Kei too imo.

[/quote] You really are getting tiresome now Wiz. I really think you either ought to follow another club (I hope you note I did not say support) or in fact follow another sport as your constant posts are nothing but childish, attention seeking rants. I am still waiting for something positive to come from you.[/quote]

All through Lamberts reign I was positive about the team..........where were you?

[quote user="JC"]For those of you who weren''t at the game today, the NCFC away support was excellent (rinsed Man U fans to shreds) [I unfortunately was in the home end].

The fans chanted and clapped off the NCFC players because they acknowledged the effort put in. We did get in behind Man U in the first half but had some bad decisions on which ball to play and also the overhitting of the final ball. This was a trend in the match for both teams before the first goal in the 45th min

The point being we didn''t actually play that bad, we played in some fantastic balls into the box early in the second half, one by Snodgrass had all of the Man U fans thinking we had scored (we were at the other end of the ground). The one thing we didn''t do today which is what I would have done when I played football was kick a few of them, if we had got stuck in early doors they might have been more tentative with the Real match in the week[/quote]

I was in the away end and completely agree with this!

First half if we could have been calmer we would have been in a couple of times, but we weren''t and they scored a goal that should have knocked us for six!

But second half we came out really strong, and until Kamara came on and we opened up, I thought we were in with a real shout of getting an equaliser!

The Kamara sub and going to 4-4-2 was a huge risk, it was either going to pay off and we''d get a goal or two, or we would be opened up and get a few against which happened!

No disgrace in yesterday''s performance at all.

[quote user="Bagpuss"]So after he scored last week he was a good signing, and now after 20 unprofitable minutes at Old Trafford he''s a Stoke reject? Dear me.[/quote]

Oi! baggy, I didn''t want him here in the first place so don''t pin that one on me.

Ah, but in the ''Has Hughton Made a Bad Signing'' thread you commented:

''Harry Kane and the jury''s out with Tettey for me, but thats seems all after KK''s performance today''

So if he''s not a bad signing, then Kamara must be a good one, regardless of whether you wanted him here or not?

Lets not forget we are one of the few sides to have beaten them this seasopn.  4 nil was harsh but 2 -1 win aginst Everton was a tad fortunate so its all swings and roudabouts

[quote user="Wiz"]

All through Lamberts reign I was positive about the team..........where were you?

[/quote]

I''d say that I would have a quick search through this messageboard on the off chance that I might find a negative post from you during Lamberts period in charge of the team but I''m not going to bother now because I expect you''ll have had any inconvenient posts deleted like the Lowestoft Canaries one very recently was.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I''d say that I would have a quick search through this messageboard on the off chance that I might find a negative post from you during Lamberts period in charge of the team but I''m not going to bother now because I expect you''ll have had any inconvenient posts deleted like the Lowestoft Canaries one very recently was.
[/quote]

Bugger all to do with me Zak, I was well proud of my time with them............as the cowardly mods who took it down, I need no protection.