If greenos going to the world cup, then he needs expeirence. relaly, what si the point of giving Robinson a full game. Thers no point! Greeno should have played. Does anyone know when englands next few games are?

As I said in another thread and I still feel the same that the game was a complete and utter waste of time and an insult to players like AJ who was played on the right-wing and Dyer and Jenas who played 8 minutes!!!  What was the point????

Maybe he will get his chance against N Ireland, who aren''t exactly in the world top 50 and have a weakish strike force...it would be like a good Div 1 game if you think about it.

If it would have been 2-3 years ago greeno would have played the second half but because people criticised his continuous and numerous changes during friendlies he has changed his ways. IMO there was nothing wrong in what he used to do because it gave inexperienced players the chance to show him what they can do, and thats what friendlies should be for. I think the media is to blame for this.

Well if you ask me I should think Greeno is feeling a bit hacked off to be honest and like I said to my mate last night if it was me I would tell Erikson to shove it where the sun dont shine.  Before the game Johnson and Downing were promised a part in the game.  Why was''nt Greeno bearing in mind this was his third trip with them.  During the game they both came on whilst poor old Greeno had to sit there knowing that Robinson had not had much to do and this would have been the ideal game for him to come on and at least get a feel for the game even though not much in the way of saves.  This would have given him some experience of playing with the players.  But no Erikson leaves Robinson on who by now he knows what he can do and leaves Greeno frustrated on the bench.  Mind you if he had brought Greeno on he probably would have asked him to play up front.

You can just imagine the next scenario cant you.  Big important game and the two keepers are injured.  Greeno asked to stand in and makes a mistake and gets pilloried by the press.  And all because Erikson could not bed him in during the friendlies.  The man is a complete joke and proved last night that he has not got a bloody clue what he is doing.  I was furious and still am. 

The game was definitely a waste (of my time too) and it was annoying that Greeno didn''t get on, but looking on the bright side at least Eriksson didn''t revert back to James. We''ve only just weasled him out before he plays well a couple of times and people are calling for him to return - such short memories.
Get James out and get Green in there instead!

Exactly, you''ve got it navman. Greeno must be feeling so fed up to train all the time with the england squad and not even get a game. I mean, whats the point in calling up three keepers if you are only going to uyse one. Green needs expierence ahead of the world cup desperately. Imagine if robinson and james get injured, Green will be playing, and he has no international expeirence what so ever. There is no point in calling up three keepers if you are only going to use one.

I really do feel sorry for Greeno and hope he plays in the next match.

FIFA changed the rules to limit friendly substitutions and stop making a farce of the game, if not Sven would still be fielding 20 different players throughout the game - it''s nothing to do with the media''s perception of friendlies.

But I agree with everyone on here that giving Robinson 90 minutes was a waste of time, and that last night would have been perfect to give Green a taster of international football. If I was honest I can''t see him ever being more than 2nd choice at international level, as I think Robinson''s made the number 1 shirt his own.

It''s all very confusing - but I''m no longer surprised by anything Sven does. I used to be a fan, but with every poor substitution and formation I lose more and more faith.

Greeno knew he wasnt going to play when he was asked to play left back in a practice match on Tuesday....

OTBC 

We''ll just have to get used to the rule that no player can ever play for England while still at Norwich. It''s a miracle that greeno''s even made it into the squad.
Of course as soon as Green (or anyone else) moves to a ''big'' club, then he''ll be automatically picked to play.

these friendlies are a farce and i don''t even bother watching them.

we should bring back the home internationals (incl ireland) every other other between World Cup and European Finals years. At least the friendlies would be competitive. 

its clear that sven is not interested in seeing what green can do. Playing him as a left back in training is ridiculous, what if hed been injured?

for the same reason he constantly plays players out of position, uses tactics that are proven not to work, and fails to drop players who are underperforming.

Sounds a bit like dear old Nigel