Sign in to follow this  
Not Nigel

Now will you shut up about Holt?

If I could remember that, and the email address I used, I wouldn''t have had to create a new account. It was a long time ago, I left here when Arthur Whittle was still around.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]If I could remember that, and the email address I used, I wouldn''t have had to create a new account. It was a long time ago, I left here when Arthur Whittle was still around.[/quote]Well, I much prefer your new avatar.  A man could happily suffocate in there.[G]

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]"I didn''t see anyone running around with their hands in the air flapping. I saw a few people who didn''t think it was beyond the realms of possibility that he could leave, given the right circumstances"

Well let''s see:

"I think if someone makes an offer for Holt and can tempt him away from what is very likely an excellent contract at Norwich, he will be off" - Bethnal Yellow

"If we are in the PL, I think Holt, Jackson and Vaughan will leave in the summer" - Highland Canary

"I think he''ll be off in the summer without a doubt" - City Angel

"I will be very surprised if he is here next season" - CanaryGirl

"Chances are he will be off" - CanaryGirl

"I think he''s likely to leave in the Summer" - Highland Canary

There''s six quotes from four people from one thread, that you yourself were involved in. I wouldn''t label these quotes as being consistent with people merely considering or acknowledging the "realms of possibility". What you have accurately described is YOUR contribution to that thread, but then my OP didn''t name you, did it?

None of Bethnal Yellow, Highland Canary, City Angel, or CanaryGirl, have had anything to say post-article, they had plenty to say pre-article.[/quote]

I have said nothing post article because my opinion hasn''t changed, he is hardly going to come out at the moment and say I''m off. The time for you to crow, if that''s what you want to do, will be if he is still here next season, until then just try and contain yourself.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I look forward to September 1st 2013 then.[/quote]So you can start another clever "I told you so" thread maybe?Frankly this is my issue here, you being a bit of a smartarse just because Holt has denied some rumours.You never seen a player kiss his badge one week, and be off the next?I hope Holt doesn''t go in the summer, but if he does, I won''t be starting some kind of "I told you so" thread[Y]

Well actually no Morty, my stance was based on the fact that people were jumping to conclusions on the basis of a tweet. Because Holt himself made the effort to quickly stem rumours after pandemonium ensued.

They choose to pick up on one tweet and ignore the next tweet. This wasn''t his first denial, it was his second. Pretty much everything that he said in that article had already been said by me on the strikers thread. People chose to ignore me on that thread, now they are willing to ignore the man himself?

Feel free to go and marry up what I said in that thread and what he said in his article, you will find an uncanny consistency. I like to base my conclusions on much more solid foundation.

Go on, read my posts in the thread, then read the article.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Well actually no Morty, my stance was based on the fact that people were jumping to conclusions on the basis of a tweet. Because Holt himself made the effort to quickly stem rumours after pandemonium ensued.

They choose to pick up on one tweet and ignore the next tweet. This wasn''t his first denial, it was his second. Pretty much everything that he said in that article had already been said by me on the strikers thread. People chose to ignore me on that thread, now they are willing to ignore the man himself?

Feel free to go and marry up what I said in that thread and what he said in his article, you will find an uncanny consistency. I like to base my conclusions on much more solid foundation.

Go on, read my posts in the thread, then read the article.[/quote]Just as well you''re not continuing to make a big fuss about it like......

Holt''s family live in Cumbria and he only spends 3/4 days of the week in Norfolk. It is not out of the question that Holt will leave in the summer, especially if he is used as a makeweight for Hooper, of which the club are extremely serious about. Celtic turned down over £9M for him.

I don''t wish to see Holt move, though I very much doubt if he will see out his contract here and a move closer to home must be tempting and Celtic might not be a bad place to move for a couple of seasons.

"It’s fine. I did it in League One, the family were up there for a year and I didn’t hear anyone moaning then when I scored 30 goals and we got promoted to the Championship, so I did it then"

Doesn''t seem to be in a huge rush to leave, not with seven young greyhounds running out of Yarmouth and training with Jim Daly in Thetford....

http://www.steveandgrantsracingclub.co.uk/

Set that up in October, he was house hunting in Cumbria in April/May!