Sign in to follow this  
Not Nigel

Now will you shut up about Holt?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/grant_holt_not_planning_to_leave_norwich_city_any_time_soon_1_1961919

Like I said, Norwich fans jumping to conclusions.

Why would he want to leave now? He got his pay rise, and no other club will pay him more as he is 31 and has peaked in his career! And he still has 2 years left on 25-30k a week!!

Singupcarrowroad, there are still a lot of questions unanswered, ie

How far can he throw a stone?

Why choose a school by throwing stones at it?

What do his new neighbors think of this?

More questions than answers.

Singup, you will be paced on suicide watch if he leave in the summer!

This is like the vote of confidence you give the manager just before you shove him out the door.........

[quote user="Number 9"]Singupcarrowroad, there are still a lot of questions unanswered, ie How far can he throw a stone? Why choose a school by throwing stones at it? What do his new neighbors think of this? More questions than answers.[/quote]

Pure genius! Love it!

He may not be planning to leave, but I don''t think it will be up to him whether he stays or not.Would imagine he will be gone by this time next year.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Why would he want to leave now? He got his pay rise, and no other club will pay him more as he is 31 and has peaked in his career! And he still has 2 years left on 25-30k a week!![/quote]

That''s a fairly bold statement Bananaman, from it are we to assume that you feel he is now in decline?

I am a Banana, I take it you have been privy to his wage slips then? Go on, scan it in.

I also assume that you are guest of honour at Colney every weekday. Go on then, give us the inside scoop on tactics.

"How far can he throw a stone?"

Probably further than you or me.

"Why choose a school by throwing stones at it?"

Because mindless vandalism, however wrong, is quite fun. Especially when drunk.

"What do his new neighbors think of this?"

The housewives are excited at the prospect of "The Horse" moving into the neighborhood. The men are worried that local pie supplies will dwindle and the massive increase in demand will push up pasty prices.

neighbor ?

is that having some old norfolk chap living a few door away ?

I lived in America for several years.

You are one of those that this post is aimed at City1st, will you shut up about Holt moving back to Carlisle now?

Talk is talk, time lo get the goals. I don''t care what happens in the summer we will get better strikers in.

If Celtic want him and will pay him those wages fine.

He got what he wanted two contracts in the space of a year with large pay rises and extension to that contract. He got an amazing deal in the summer of 2012 that no other club would. Have offered him.

Wet sham did want him so he was not unwanted and he did have and use that lever.  Without a doubt GH is now on excellent wages and he is here until the summer as a minimum

What happens between the sesason end and the start of the next season is unknown  - even GHs interview confirms it depends on the clubs plans.   In the mean time we need grant to remain fit so he can play to his full potential.   

If he stays thats good news for us,   if he goes he does so with enormous gratitude best wishes as a goal scoring colossus.   As others have said we will invest in other strikers - ones for the future which is what we need given Holty is starting his twilight years - whether they can have the same impact is another matter.  

holt was not great today - hold up link up play and movement was limited and where was his energy in defending from the front?

Hoepfully he was saving it for next weekend...

"holt was not great today - hold up link up play and movement was limited and where was his energy in defending from the front?"

Were any of the players great? The back four did a decent enough job, but I can''t think of a single other player to come out with a great deal of credit, was a poor performance all round.

As it happens the only two times that we came close to scoring involved Holt (Johnson''s awful cross + Martin''s miss from three yards which was definitely not a foul on Evra).

Snodgrass made three or four excellent challenges on Evra in our own half, but other than that... I can''t say that Holt was any worse than anybody else in the final third?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]"Bloody hell mate, obsessed much?"

Remains our best striker.[/quote]I don''t doubt that.But you have really taken this "Grant Holt may leave one day" possability all a bit seriously, haven''t you?

"But you have really taken this "Grant Holt may leave one day" possability all a bit seriously, haven''t you?"

I''d argue that the dozens of people who put 2+2 together and came out with "Holt will probably leave in the summer" are the ones who have sensationalised (to answer the Daily Mail jibe in the same post) a 140 character tweet and jumped to extreme conclusions.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]"But you have really taken this "Grant Holt may leave one day" possability all a bit seriously, haven''t you?"

I''d argue that the dozens of people who put 2+2 together and came out with "Holt will probably leave in the summer" are the ones who have sensationalised (to answer the Daily Mail jibe in the same post) a 140 character tweet and jumped to extreme conclusions.[/quote]You should name these dozens of people[Y]I didn''t see anyone running around with their hands in the air flapping. I saw a few people who didn''t think it was beyond the realms of possibility that he could leave, given the right circumstances.I''ll put you down for a pair of dry pants for the day he does actually decide to leave[;)]

"I didn''t see anyone running around with their hands in the air flapping. I saw a few people who didn''t think it was beyond the realms of possibility that he could leave, given the right circumstances"

Well let''s see:

"I think if someone makes an offer for Holt and can tempt him away from what is very likely an excellent contract at Norwich, he will be off" - Bethnal Yellow

"If we are in the PL, I think Holt, Jackson and Vaughan will leave in the summer" - Highland Canary

"I think he''ll be off in the summer without a doubt" - City Angel

"I will be very surprised if he is here next season" - CanaryGirl

"Chances are he will be off" - CanaryGirl

"I think he''s likely to leave in the Summer" - Highland Canary

There''s six quotes from four people from one thread, that you yourself were involved in. I wouldn''t label these quotes as being consistent with people merely considering or acknowledging the "realms of possibility". What you have accurately described is YOUR contribution to that thread, but then my OP didn''t name you, did it?

None of Bethnal Yellow, Highland Canary, City Angel, or CanaryGirl, have had anything to say post-article, they had plenty to say pre-article.

It was four people from one thread on one night, I doubt it would be difficult for me to take that up to a bakers dozen with a couple of hours of using the search function, but I''m sure those six very recent quotes will suffice in underlying that some people were very ''matter of fact'' about a possibility which remains hugely speculative and based on very light and questionable ''evidence'' which had already been refuted by Holt on Twitter, and has now been refuted gain in a twitter in a Pink Un article.

There is a huge difference between your contribution, in which you even acknowledged was highly speculative, and the contribution of those who feel that a 140 character tweet is enough evidence to jump to wild conclusions despite the fact that a second 140 character tweet immediately followed in which Holt himself stated quite clearly that the conclusions drawn were wrong.

I just feel as if this type of wild unfounded gossip is testimony to the ridiculous environment that we live in now, where entire articles are written on the strength of one tweet. It stinks of Murdoch-esque tabloid journalism. If that bloke from the Daily Star still posted here we would have seen a big ''Grant Holt Moving To Carlisle FC'' headline.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]If that bloke from the Daily Star still posted here we would have seen a big ''Grant Holt Moving To Carlisle FC'' headline.[/quote]Camoldonum (or whatever it was) hasn''t posted here since 2009.What was your previous user name?