Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match Thread

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"]The ''entertainment'' factor wasn''t even on the cards today. Damage control was the call of duty.[/quote]Fine having damage limitation as your objective but you look pretty silly when you lose 4-0 without even having a shot.[/quote]

And the damage came after we shifted our formation and tried to have a go, would you agree?

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Wasting a bit of time to prevent goal no 5[quote user="city4eva"]Can anyone explain the 90th minute sub Becchio for Holt[/quote][/quote]

except the ref added 35 seconds on for the sub, so didnt waste any time.

All talk before the ganme was how we play well against manure, now its they are better than us, we shouldnt be playing entertaining football, what did you expect, damage control, etc etc. unbelievable

[/quote]Jesus. Get your head out of your @rse. Us playing well and Man Utd being better than us are not mutually exclusive terms.Utd were fairly average, but utterly clinical in front of goal, and controlled possession from start to finish.We were poor, and consistently gave the ball away. I would really like to see us test the opposition ''keeper more with shots from outside the box.A bad day all round really, but this result won''t define our season. Our upcoming run of games are much more important than this one.

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Bagpuss"]''Going for it'' could have led to us being picked off five or six nil. The bottom line is that unless you catch United or City on an off day then the gulf in class between them and a bottom half club like us is enormous, whatever formation or tactics are employed. The next three games are far more important.[/quote]

istead we dodnt go for it and got picked off 4 nil..i despair

[/quote]

Ok Mr Despair,

Why is 5 or 6 nil better than 4-0? I''m mystified by your logic

Not wanting to single out any performance particularly but what was the point of Hoolahan today?

"Utd were fairly average"

Compared to whom?

United have everything going for them just now - streets ahead in the league, well placed in Europe with a big game in front of them.   Their technical skill and ability both as a team and individually vastly superior as exercised in the approach play and in front of goal.

All credit to Norwich for trying to go for it at 1-0.   A loss is a loss be it by 1 or 4 so attacking substitions were made.   It''s a risk and it didn''t come off and after the 2nd goal the heads went down and physical tiredness came in.   Not to worry, better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.

"We go again" to use the words of a famous manager!!!

That game has now gone - the next game is more important.

[quote user="Shankslad"]

"Utd were fairly average"

Compared to whom?

United have everything going for them just now - streets ahead in the league, well placed in Europe with a big game in front of them.   Their technical skill and ability both as a team and individually vastly superior as exercised in the approach play and in front of goal.

[/quote]

By their own standards, they were pretty average for most of that game. They certainly weren''t at their best, but to honest they didn''t need to be.

They can, and regularly do play a lot better than that.

[quote user="city4eva"]Can anyone explain the 90th minute sub Becchio for Holt[/quote]

So Becchio could ask for Rooney''s shirt......

I would of preferred a much more positive approach even though not many of us thought we would get anything.

Any team that sets their stall out in a negative manner as we did today, doesn''t really deserve to get anything out of it. And we didn''t.

Man Utd are a world class side, but I don''t think many posters on here can genuinely say that Norwich gave it there best shot today and that is down to the manager.

[quote user="basil brush"]I would of preferred a much more positive approach even though not many of us thought we would get anything. Any team that sets their stall out in a negative manner as we did today, doesn''t really deserve to get anything out of it. And we didn''t. Man Utd are a world class side, but I don''t think many posters on here can genuinely say that Norwich gave it there best shot today and that is down to the manager.[/quote]

Huzzah!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="basil brush"]I would of preferred a much more positive approach even though not many of us thought we would get anything. Any team that sets their stall out in a negative manner as we did today, doesn''t really deserve to get anything out of it. And we didn''t. Man Utd are a world class side, but I don''t think many posters on here can genuinely say that Norwich gave it there best shot today and that is down to the manager.[/quote]

Huzzah!

[/quote]

Rubbish

"Pyro Pete"

The central midfield have nothing left to give and we have no replacements for Johnson and Howson.

They were run ragged all game in central midfield.

To be fair pete they were shocking in the first half and offered as little resistance - well howson did - BJ was solid in the first half.

But I agree - if the plan is to work hard in midfield you have to plan to replace tired legs during the game and the under performers - on both counts howson shoudl have been replaced by fox and fox could also have replaced bj at the end as he was dead on his feet

Hoolahan did nothing was a waste of a man, Bradders good tackler but couldn''t pass, Pilkington didn''t do much. Allowed Man united to pass it around us and find space between our players. Conceding the first goal was poor, poor positioning and ball watching, once they''d had went 1 nil up they then pretty much went on to contain and control then game and us. We then got tired towards the end and conceded a few late goals. We seem not to have that edge the bit of magic a good team needs. This wasn''t a game we needed to win, the next one is though a big six pointer if we win we''re pretty much home and dry. Upwards on onwards, just need to get that little bit of quality like man u, they don''t need to always play well or to their highest of standards to get the points.

Hi all,

A bit late on a response but I only got back from Manchester late last night. We thought we''d make a weekend of it and I have to say that Manchester is a bit of an ugly town!

I''ve not had much chance to read the other threads. But looking at some of the silly doom and gloom perhaps that''s just as well. I thought I''d share my experience in the home end. Sat in the section right by the entrance tunnel and had some very thoughtful Man U fans around me and had a great time listening to their thoughts on everything NCFC.

Firstly Man U were very average on Saturday and for 75 minutes (other than a goal Bunn should have saved) we had their number in defense. Martin and esp Snodgrass really put a shift in. The home fans around me were getting very very annoyed and here''s some of the comments at half time -

- No way we''re getting three points here.

- God just look at the shoulders on these guys, it''s like trying to attack mobile concrete.

- Holt might be overweight but god he can hold the ball up.

- this is possibly the biggest team i''ve seen this year.

So by 44 min I''d say great job. I''d even say we had the better of the start of the second half. I saw the MOTD highlights and read the BBC match report. Load of tosh. Apparently Anderson ''controlled'' the midfield.... Is that why he was jeered off by his own fans? Cleverley was the real difference.

Then we all know what happened from 75 min. The guys around me suddenly all agreed Man U are amazing.

However I do have the usual complaint. Yes we were tough to break down but we really offered very little in attack. A couple of patient build ups and dangerous crosses but that was your lot. Very narrow. Also I was exciting to see Kamara come on but little chance to make an impact and lost the ball a number of times.

Anyway I hope that helps.