Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Another Woeful Canary Call

When are BBC Radio Norfolk going to get the message that McVeigh and Rutler simply does not work on Canary Call? I had to switch off at 5.25 as all they kept going on about was negativity from fans. It''s like fishermen complaining about the sea. What do you expect? Fans are hardly going to come on in great spirits after being demolished 4-0. But the biggest complaint is that the hosts made no attempt to analyse the game. Who played well? Who didn''t? What about the tactics, formation, subs? First-half, second-half analysis? What about putting the game into the bigger picture? Where to from here? Why still no benefactor? I think somebody tweeted to say Norwich didn''t have a shot. That should have come from the analysis by the hosts, not a fan. It is very noticeable that Canary Call is better if Adrian Forbes, Greg Downs, Richard Balls or Michael Nelson are involved, but McVeigh and Rutler have this chemistry that makes the show into a complete joke. McVeigh''s only contribution was to state over and over again how great Man U were. There wasn''t anything new or enlightening about that. Can anyone point me in the direction of the thinking man''s Canary Call? Does it exist? Are we doomed to be dumbed down? A radio show should at least be hosted by a professional journalist. Rutler was plucked out of the Pitsnake and McVeigh is a Red Devil in disguise.

Personally I quite like them and think the level of debate is now better on there than it was in the much praised in hindsight Neil Adams era (when everyone just used to moan about him sitting on the fence until he got sacked by Roeder and became pleasingly bitter and opinionated). I would agree however that Adrian Forbes is very good (based on the the few times I have heard him on the show) and the shows I have listened to this season with him and Rob Butler have tended to be good ones. That said I think they have been shows where there have also been some good callers which obviously helps. A 4-0 defeat to Man United when we are in mid table is not likely to elicit great calls as its not a result that on its own will provoke great outrage and our league position in general is fine.

i''ve got  no problem with people moaning about the hosts, i think butler is a bit of a pr1ck and mcveigh is starting to get on my wick... anyone moaning about the callers though should get on the blower and show them how its done OTBC

I didnt listen to it as was on way back from OT when it was on.I was going to listen to it but I wont bother now.."i shink we shuda beaten that Man Unoited bor! Wheres the ambition from Hewton?!"

I called in and got told they would callback but did they hell. if I didn''t get a free license I would send it back. They always phoned back when Lambert was here, mind.

I called in and got told they would callback but did they hell. if I didn''t get a free license I would send it back. They always phoned back when Lambert was here, mind. What about that Mike Liggins, could he do it with that bloke from Patrick''s Pantry? (Name escapes me)

[quote user="Big Vince"]But the biggest complaint is that the hosts made no attempt to analyse the game. Who played well? Who didn''t? What about the tactics, formation, subs? First-half, second-half analysis?[/quote]There''s an easy answer to that Big Vinnie......Try going to the bleedin'' games and see for yourself. Duh!