Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Nigel Worthington...

[quote user="stoke canary"]Expected to be named York City manager tomorrow .Hope he does OK [/quote]

KTF.

But seriously good luck to him. Decent fella.

OTBC

apart from being ex City managers what now links him to Paul Lambert ?

Good luck to him, despite the reaction to him after we fell from the Premier League, we never finished lower than 8th - still hold him in high regard for those fantastic times. Boy did we play some great attacking football in that era

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Lambert''s been named as his assistant?

That''s a big drop down the pyramid for an ex-national coach. Times are hard. Just commutable from Sheffield though.

[quote user="shefcanary"]That''s a big drop down the pyramid for an ex-national coach. Times are hard. Just commutable from Sheffield though.[/quote]

I thought he still lived near Holt in North Norfolk ?

He lived or lives in Norfolk. Not sure whether he still does now though what with the new job. Seen him about loads in Norfolk though so imagine he still lives here.

[quote user="Wiz"]Shall I............I''m tempted.........................Nah, I''m having the day off.[:D][/quote]

Well at least he''s not hiring skips eh Wiz....

Enjoy your day[H]

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

I''m surprised youn master nutty didn''t work this one out

the clue is the two clubs they now manage

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="City1st"]apart from being ex City managers what now links him to Paul Lambert ?[/quote]I''m surprised youn master nutty didn''t work this one outthe clue is the two clubs they now manage[/quote]Do York have a villa? [^o)][;)]

Did a great job for us glad to see him back in work again. I doubt he will get rich on this job but he no doubt loves the game and wants to be involved again. Funny little ground once went there over 30 years ago

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

They both start and end in the same letter?

Aston VillA

York CitY

[/quote]

spot on

and the other three clubs ?

Passionate lot here in York. Not a bad club to join at all and they were doing well at the start of this season, but fell apart at an alarming rate in last few months. Seem to play better away from home for some reason and people raved about their style of play last season - Arsenalesque apparently. Lots of chances and tidy play. Hopefully Wortho gets time and does well. Would hate to see them go down as it was a bit struggle to get back up after their last relegation.

Also have one of those big new community-type stadiums planned as they can''t afford to keep the current one, which is further in-town. A real shame and sore point with many fans and the general public here (me included). It''s part of some stupid new John Lewis/Marks & Spence-funded development outside the main city at a main shopping district/hypermarket. Basically John Lewis and Marks want massive stores developed at this shopping district and will fund the creation of the new stadium as part of their ''offer'' to the local council to sweeten the deal.

The funniest thing is that the new development has been delayed due to the discovery of a rare protected Newt on the existing land they want to build on. They need to find a new home for the Newts before they can carry out work lol

Nice part of the world to live, likes his works does Worthy.

Perhaps lifestyle was a consideration, has the North Yorks Moors on his doorstep and lovely historic towns like Harrogate.

A clear step up from Blackpool, it isn''t all about the money.

hopefully he will make a few signings, cobble it all together for a season before being truly out of his depth at a higher level and being let go of 18 months too late...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]hopefully he will make a few signings, cobble it all together for a season before being truly out of his depth at a higher level and being let go of 18 months too late...[/quote]

Jeez, some people can''t let go.....