Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Has anyone else noticed...

"I think the truth lies somewhere between City1st''s thoughts and my own"

alas just yours young master nutty as mine have been purged in some Orwellian all animals are equal but some are more equal than others dictat

post all manner of attacks, however libellous upon the club and it''s officials and nothing is done yet cgose to challenge those attacks and your challenging will be expunged

strange times indeed

ps welcome back LDC, I hadn''t realised you had gone, nor been aware of my part in your being driven from this parish until informed of such action today

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

How quiet this forum has been since we beat Everton? I''m sure there must be a logical explaination for this but all I can think of is that people use this as a place to moan when they''re disappointed with results. Could there be other reasons?

[/quote]

I think it''s just human nature, to be honest.  When we win, we can all agree it''s marvellous with perhaps a couple of things that could have made it even better.  When we lose, the power of hindsight gives everyone a range of opinions that may or may not be garbage.

And then there are those who only post here when we are losing to stir the muck, but I think most of those low-grade trolls can be named quite easily and should have been swept up in one of Tsar Peter''s Purges.

[quote user="City1st"]

"I think the truth lies somewhere between City1st''s thoughts and my own"

as just yours young master nutty as mine have been purged in some Orwellian all animals are equal but some are more equal than others dictat

ps welcome back LDC, I hadn''t realised you had gone, nor been aware of my part in your being driven from this parish until informed of such action today

[/quote]

People will make up anything, City 1st, and frequently do.     You are the last person who I would consider having had anything to do with my leaving.    I merely trod on too many toes when I posted on here regularly - and  just got fed up with the resulting backlash which consisted of insults, misrepresentation and attempts at ridicule.    Fighting back just leads nowhere as the harder you fight the more ridiculous the responses become.   I have always said things as I see them, its just that other people don''t like it - especially if it is seen to threaten their self engrandised status on here. To me the quality of this board depends on people using it honestly, without hidden agendas.   That view is not appreciated by some as there are without question those who see themselves as some kind of arbiters of what should be posted on here - and by whom.   The ones that ridicule my point of view (who will probably appear with more of it after this post)  are fooling only themselves if they think they are better than the rest of us.    Its great being a supporter of Norwich and having somewhere to discuss it.    The worst kind of  trolling is where people try to silence  other posters with the derailing of threads.     They know who they are that do it - and so do the rest of us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

the reason I won''t post anymore is...........

Life is too short to waste dealing with it..........  

This is a one off post.........

[/quote]

You posted this only 5 hours ago and you wonder why people take you to task.[*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You posted this only 5 hours ago and you wonder why people take you to task.[*-)]

[/quote]

I was replying to City 1st, which I am entitled to do.   I can post when I like.    Call it another one off post if you like - call this one the same.   I only came on here tonight to correct some  misrepresentation.    Don''t worry I won''t make a habit of it. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was replying to City 1st, which I am entitled to do.   I can post when I like.    Call it another one off post if you like - call this one the same.   I only came on here tonight to correct some  misrepresentation.    Don''t worry I won''t make a habit of it. 

[/quote]

Until the next time then [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just come on the board, post what you like when you like and ignore all the cr@p. But if your going to take it seriously you might as well not bother!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just come on the board, post what you like when you like and ignore all the cr@p. But if your going to take it seriously you might as well not bother!
[/quote]

But it is serious Thef. It''s only a football messageboard and we should always remember that. But that shouldn''t mean people can behave in a way they wouldn''t do elsewhere. We all have a resposibility for what we post.

The double standards on this thread take some understanding! The people who tried to wreck this perfectly good thread are the same ones who''d have you believe I''m in a gang that hounds and bullies them. They can''t produce these hounding and bullying threads from me anymore than they can about City1st.

Anyways Thef... why do you think this forum is so much quieter after a good result?

Aha Nutty! Never thought I would see the day that your prose would include support (all brit a bit of back hander) for the infamous and generous City1st.

Just back from pub made by night matey

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Aha Nutty! Never thought I would see the day that your prose would include support (all brit a bit of back hander) for the infamous and generous City1st. Just back from pub made by night matey[/quote]

Aha! I hope you weren''t truckin'' with that Greene King rubbish Bury. [B][+o(]

City 1st has his own style but he doesn''t lie and cheat through threads like some. He shoots from the hip whether that may be about that grubby crock of sh!t further along your road or the posters on here whose sole purpose in life seems to be to attack our club.

Fair play to LDC for ''breaking his cover'' to correct another false slur, from the same source ... as

"we all recall how you, aided by Til, City 1st and his imcubis BW''s Cat drove LDC away on here"

where LDC has

"People will make up anything, City 1st, and frequently do. You are the last person who I would consider having had anything to do with my leaving"

Yet were the roles to have been reversed or it had been myself posting up - "Why not try a small pinch of semtex under your tongue?............it would be a right old laugh...........for us." The report button would have been hit and most likely the whole thread taken down.

I think many of us are aware that this person posts up provocative stuff when he feels that certain posts have ''blown his cover'' so to speak and the hope then is any retaliatory stuff will enable him to play the victim and and so remove the evidence.

The danger here is that we have now reached a point where posts and whole threads are taken down even when the supposed offending stuff can be verified elsewhere on this very forum. Sadly it is the same suspect whi is at the root of much of this, whose sole contribution to the board is never more than veiled or open attacks on the club.

It should be a place where genuine City fans can chat, debate and generally chew over the cud about something that is fairly inportant to them, Norwich City. Sadly that is not the case. Sure, being a forum there will be varying thoughts on matters and various ways of putting them over - however in general we can distinguish between what is ''banter'' and what is offense. Unfotunately we still have those on here for whom Norwich City is not their purpose for being here, but more, their purpose is to gain some unhealthy gratification from causing trouble.

Events today suggest that far from recognising who they are someone at the Pinkun is actually ''protecting them'' to the deteriment of the board as a whole. Worrying times.

"City 1st and his imcubis BW''s Cat drove LDC away on here"

I hope I wasn''t too rough LDC. Apologies if I got the old pitchfork and torches out.

I think we should have a upper class section of this message board for those who were grammar school educated.  Or perhaps the same board but secondary modern riff raff can only post on Tuesdays.

[quote user="City1st"]

It should be a place where genuine City fans can chat, debate and generally chew over the cud about something that is fairly inportant to them, Norwich City. Sadly that is not the case. Sure, being a forum there will be varying thoughts on matters and various ways of putting them over - however in general we can distinguish between what is ''banter'' and what is offense. Unfotunately we still have those on here for whom Norwich City is not their purpose for being here, but more, their purpose is to gain some unhealthy gratification from causing trouble. 

[/quote]

Talk about the best satire being so deadpan it reads totally seriously. If anything this glorious spoof is almost too word-perfect.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Talk about the best satire being so deadpan it reads totally seriously. If anything this glorious spoof is almost too word-perfect.

[/quote]

Calling Dale Cooper !!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Nice of you all to miss me so much................................

[/quote]

I think you will find that it was only Wiz who missed you but then again he does give the impression that he posts on behalf of the masses.

[/quote]

Other posters also give that impression from time to time

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think we should have a upper class section of this message board for those who were grammar school educated.  Or perhaps the same board but secondary modern riff raff can only post on Tuesdays.

[/quote]

What about those of us who had further education at college?

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think we should have a upper class section of this message board for those who were grammar school educated.  Or perhaps the same board but secondary modern riff raff can only post on Tuesdays.[/quote]

What about those of us who had further education at college?[/quote]

Only so your mum could get the family allowance extended. It doesn''t count! [:(]

I''m afraid those who had further education at college come under the heading "Nevermind, perhaps he/she is good with their hands". Those posters should be restricted to Tuesday mornings.

Of course this is all old hat anyway because grammar scholars and secondary modern oiks have been swallowed up in this comprehensive world...

Ain''t that the case Babes[:^)]

What I have noticed today is a number of posts being deleted in order to prevent a certain poster from collapsing into a sinkhole of his own making.  I wonder who owns the grizzled old finger that clicks on the "Report" button and then says "wasn''t me"?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I wonder who owns the grizzled old finger that clicks on the "Report" button and then says "wasn''t me"?[/quote]Clue........AKA The Suffolk Scrote! [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]What I have noticed today is a number of posts being deleted in order to prevent a certain poster from collapsing into a sinkhole of his own making. 

I wonder who owns the grizzled old finger that clicks on the "Report" button and then says "wasn''t me"?

[/quote]

We need to show understanding.....he probably doesn''t hear the click. [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"] 

I wonder who owns the grizzled old finger that clicks on the "Report" button and then says "wasn''t me"?

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/iameuru/Smilies/signPleaseusetheReportButton.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"] 

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/iameuru/Smilies/signPleaseusetheReportButton.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]

Dear me - you waiting to use the toilet old chap?

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]What I have noticed today is a number of posts being deleted in order to prevent a certain poster from collapsing into a sinkhole of his own making.  I wonder who owns the grizzled old finger that clicks on the "Report" button and then says "wasn''t me"?[/quote]I''ve noticed this too.I''ve also noticed that every time the slate is wiped a little bit cleaner than before a certain poster pops up immediately to spout more bile.This post will self delete in 15 minutes............

Probably.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair, City 1st has tended to swapped bile for sarcasm and satire over the past few weeks, and often hits the mark. Humourously, too.

BTW you were off the board yourself for a few weeks, City 1st. I doubt you had disappeared in a huff a la LDC. Not your style.  So were you on holiday or in prison?

[quote user="Zak Burger"]
I''ve also noticed that every time the slate is wiped a little bit cleaner than before a certain poster pops up immediately to spout more bile.

This post will self delete in 15 minutes............

[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, posts deleted are removed by the mods which are off subject or of a direct personal attack nature.

I have no need to report anyone, you lot ain''t good enough to get to me...........nor will you ever be.

Bring it on and give me your best shot.

[quote user="Wiz"]I have no need to report anyone, you lot ain''t good enough to get to me...........nor will you ever be.

Bring it on and give me your best shot.[/quote]

Ok then. You come from Suffolk, use a wheelchair and are full of crap. That makes you......

A wheelie binner! [:D]