Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Has anyone else noticed...

How quiet this forum has been since we beat Everton? I''m sure there must be a logical explaination for this but all I can think of is that people use this as a place to moan when they''re disappointed with results. Could there be other reasons?

I''m fairly sure you''ve made this point before, and been answered before.

Of course there is more to talk about when things aren''t going to plan. We lose a game, there is debate over how good each player was during that game, and overall, with many different opinions. If we win its harder to complain about players, and people get shut down quickly so not as much activity. Then their is the table, manager, other teams results, Delia not earning enough money etc. All things that are harder to moan about after a victory.

I have made it before. But  it''s been worth making it again to get this interesting reply. "All things that are harder to moan about after a victory" is my whole point. If we are not being disrupted by moans it should be possible to have some reasonable debates. The upside for me is there''s a couple of great threads running now. The downside is how few people are taking part. I accept each to their own but don''t really understand why so many quite prolific posters have nothing to offer when we win.

[quote user="Indy"]

Why is that after a victory we get some who have to post about the lack of whining on here? Are you trying to get another infight thread going Nutty?

[/quote]

I was posting about it being quiet. Not about the lack of whining. This won''t descend into a fight from anything that I''ve posted. Read it back Indy. Even you are reading something I didn''t say.

It is quiet again I guess there just isn''t as much to talk about when we win, other club forums tend to analyse players performances in detail something we tend not to do when they''ve played well unless it''s Holt. Nobody even bothers doing an analysis of the upcoming match even when it''s a biggy like this weeks. Quite important topics like the introduction of goal line technology in the Prem from next year don''t get a mention either.Maybe Wiz could treat us to another trip down memory lane like his post of last week with the picture from the Millwall game. I and I think many others enjoyed that thread and learned a little more about our club from it. Any stories about following the club in the 1960''s for us Wiz?

[quote user="ricky knight"]it proves to me we are all City fans at heart and are ALL Happy when we win, when we lose will all analyze it differently thats when we all disgree but we are all entitled to our own opinion, thats what some on here dont get.[/quote]

Thanks Ricky. I would have thought there''d be as many disagreements about the reasons for us winning as for the reasons for us losing. That''s part of the point I was trying to make before this thread got hijacked by the likes of Wiz and Indy. I find positives more interesting than negatives. But as you rightly say Ricky, each to their own.

How do you "know " he has at least 3 accounts but you are only "pretty sure" you know who it is? If you know he has at least 3 accounts you must know who it is?

[quote user="canarygirl"]How do you "know " he has at least 3 accounts but you are only "pretty sure" you know who it is? If you know he has at least 3 accounts you must know who it is?[/quote]I DO know he has three accounts, two in the LDC name, check it out. What I''m saying is he probably has more and no, I don''t know them all, but there are one or two current posters I suspect may be him.Personally I don''t understand what people get out of having multiple accounts.

[quote user="canarygirl"]How do you "know " he has at least 3 accounts but you are only "pretty sure" you know who it is? If you know he has at least 3 accounts you must know who it is?[/quote]

[:D]

You''re tooooo sharp girl!!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]You''re tooooo sharp girl![/quote]HA!! Talk of multiple accounts and Bly turns up! [:O]How''s Walphy Bly? [:D][:S]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

Don''t need no link Nutty, we all recall how you, aided by Til, City 1st and his imcubis BW''s Cat drove LDC away on here.. shame on you all for that.

[/quote]

LDC was so charmingly naive he never realised his relentlessly sunny optimism as bad result followed bad result annoyed the hell out of posters. It was like being trapped ([;)]) in some never-ending Julie Andrews musical.

[/quote]

I wonder what the opposite of  ''charmingly naive'' is?

Bet you won''t tell us.

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

Don''t need no link Nutty, we all recall how you, aided by Til, City 1st and his imcubis BW''s Cat drove LDC away on here.. shame on you all for that.

[/quote]

LDC was so charmingly naive he never realised his relentlessly sunny optimism as bad result followed bad result annoyed the hell out of posters. It was like being trapped ([;)]) in some never-ending Julie Andrews musical.

[/quote]

Shaun Carey Poppins starring Wiz van Dyke

or perhaps

The Sound of Goal Music...????

How quiet this forum has been since we beat Everton? I''m sure there must be a logical explaination for this but all I can think of is that people use this as a place to moan when they''re disappointed with results. Could there be other reasons?

Sorry Nutty but I have not hijacked anything, but as above and the title, you are impling that without losing there is no one on here.....true, but you were fishing and got a bite from Wiz.......

What is there to moan about as I have been saying for months, you have people who look at life with a half empty glass and when the worst happens and we lose they take it badley, same with the signing and anything they think as negative.

Then you have the glass half full, who will see the positives regardless of the negatives then there are the rest of us who watch the two sides on here dig at each other, like this thread was aimed at!

About time people on here were aloowed their opinions without being jumped on be it negative or positive, relevent or not, if you don''t like the thread then don''t post on it.

Well in my opinion there is quite many people who really just want to cause more shitstorms after we take beating and they get their kicks from irritating other supporters.

And what comes to losing writers I''m quite sure constant moaning and negative atmosphere makes more people leave than personal fights.

That is for sure that after we won there has been better threads than normaly as few nicks have stood out of them. So dont know if this silence is better or worse. At least I have enjoyed my time here more than usual this week and my post count has risen quite much because of that.

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="Wiz"]

Reasonable debates on here Nutty?.............do us a favour.

[/quote]

To be fair Wiz have you seen the Will Hoolahan go down as a legend thread? It''s been a good one, lots of different opinions with some debate and yet none of the pettiness that normally comes with a thread that has two sides. There are a couple of other threads I have wanted to read this week but haven''t had the time, maybe there are some other gems out there if what nutty is saying is correct.

Davo

[/quote]True, however a very good thread (IMO) on Parachute Payments in the Championship started by City 1st died a quick death, because there was no bitter back-and-forth to keep bumping it up.And to be fair the only thing bumping this up is the constant exchange between Wiz and, well basically anyone who''ll bite.I avoid this board for a few days after a poor performance these days. Which is a shame because there used to be decent debates. Now it just descends into stupid over-reactions & name calling where keyboard drama-queens bask in their own glows of self-importance.

Hmmm.

Paranoia in the informal sense certainly stalks this forum. in that there is a significant prevalence of intense fear or suspicion - usually when simply unfounded.

Think about it.

OTBC

Nutty, I''m not so sure it has been any quieter than normal.

There have been some good threads since Sat evening but I can see where Wiz is coming from. For example Rudolph Hucker made some really good valid points regarding Saturday''s game but was hounded for having the cheek to point out how poor we were until KK came on as sub.

He was hounded by some of the usual suspects. If you dare to criticise the club or team in anyway at all, out they all come with snide remarks and yes their fellow chums patting each other on the back. Nauseating indeed.

Having said that, I find this board pretty good. It''s like life, you can''t agree or like everyone. I can understand some responding to contributors who insult other contributors.

As for you Nutty, I have never met you but I can tell you are an intelligent old boy with a good sense of humour but I wish you could make a constructive criticism of the current set up sometime as you seem to defend all things City and even this great club aint perfect.

Btw - Our public address system is lousy matched only by the voice of the stadium announcer who sounds if he is permanently sitting on a spike! :-)

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]LDC, who I mostly disagreed with would have no doubt replied at length to your thread, but he''s not posting now is he?[/quote]Oh, I think he is Wiz, but in a different account to what we''re used to. I know he has at least three "live" accounts, so when you''re chatting to that "newbie", it is probably LDC all along. I''m pretty sure I know who it is too. [;)][/quote]Can''t be the same '' high and mighty '' LDC who was always banging on about having one account and one account only, can it ? [:O]

Come on Wiz, you should know by now that you''re only a real Norwich fan if you are excepted into the fold!

The rest of us are just PLASTIC fans.......or binners

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Can''t be the same '' high and mighty '' LDC who was always banging on about having one account and one account only, can it ? [:O][/quote]

Haha Smithy. You can see he''s logged into both of them in the last couple of weeks. [:D]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=192787

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=182441

The most amusing bit is where he says...   "There''s only one real LDC" .  [:D]

[quote user="Indy"]

Come on Wiz, you should know by now that you''re only a real Norwich fan if you are excepted into the fold!

[/quote]

Actually Indy there''s only really, really four real Norwich City fans...............................yep! [;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]

Maybe a few of us have had it up to the back teeth with the treatment dished out by the ''aggressive or micky taking thread spoilers'' gang on here, yes,  you''re one of them imo.

[/quote]

as in this perhaps ?

"Why not try a small pinch of semtex under your tongue?............it would be a right old laugh...........for us."

and as to this lie -

"we all recall how you, aided by Til, City 1st and his imcubis BW''s Cat drove LDC away on here"

I was not here, neither reading the board or posting when this chap left, so have no knowledge of it or any involvement in it.

I do understand where nutty is coming from. The board is very quite and is pretty much always so after we are doing well. I''m sure nutty knows why but is too reluctant to say so. It is infested why those who dislike Norwich City and will crawl out to post up their attacks when things are going ''badly'' but go to ground when things are looking better.

I think we all know who they are, irrespective of how the dress themselves up in lies or extraordinary claims of support (all too easily disproved).

However such is life young master nutty and us genuine City fans will just have to enjoy debate with other genuine City fans where we can and accept that the anti Norwich City will be with us no matter what.

[/quote]

Sorry posters.........I forgot to add sheer ruddy arrogance too!

[/quote]

Says you!!! Addressing "posters" like you have some sort of cult following!?!?!?!

[/quote]

Tosh, balderdash..........my fans are known as apprentices..........everyone knows that.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Bugger Indy, I forgot that golden PU rule. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Can''t be the same '' high and mighty '' LDC who was always banging on about having one account and one account only, can it ? [:O][/quote]

Haha Smithy. You can see he''s logged into both of them in the last couple of weeks. [:D]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=192787

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=182441

The most amusing bit is where he says...   "There''s only one real LDC" .  [:D][/quote]

Hi guys.  I have two LDC accounts.   I made no secret of it.    There is a good reason.

So I am logged in on here from time to time - I''m still a city fan  - that won''t change.     

Also, where is this third account/person supposed to be?    There are people who have imitated me - usually badly - but the reason I won''t post anymore is because it was made impossible for me to express any opinion without being  followed around and insulted/trolled upon all the time.   Life is too short to waste dealing with it.  

This is a one off post - and there is only one real LDC  

Nice of you all to miss me so much................................

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]

Maybe a few of us have had it up to the back teeth with the treatment dished out by the ''aggressive or micky taking thread spoilers'' gang on here, yes,  you''re one of them imo.

[/quote]

as in this perhaps ?

"Why not try a small pinch of semtex under your tongue?............it would be a right old laugh...........for us."

and as to this lie -

"we all recall how you, aided by Til, City 1st and his imcubis BW''s Cat drove LDC away on here"

I was not here, neither reading the board or posting when this chap left, so have no knowledge of it or any involvement in it.

I do understand where nutty is coming from. The board is very quite and is pretty much always so after we are doing well. I''m sure nutty knows why but is too reluctant to say so. It is infested why those who dislike Norwich City and will crawl out to post up their attacks when things are going ''badly'' but go to ground when things are looking better.

I think we all know who they are, irrespective of how the dress themselves up in lies or extraordinary claims of support (all too easily disproved).

However such is life young master nutty and us genuine City fans will just have to enjoy debate with other genuine City fans where we can and accept that the anti Norwich City will be with us no matter what.

[/quote]

Sorry posters.........I forgot to add sheer ruddy arrogance too!

[/quote]

Says you!!! Addressing "posters" like you have some sort of cult following!?!?!?!

[/quote]

Tosh, balderdash..........my fans are known as apprentices..........everyone knows that.

[/quote]

FAO WIZ....

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii107/kimfuusd07/victim.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

I think you will find that it was only Wiz who missed you but then again he does give the impression that he posts on behalf of the masses.

[quote user="Indy"]

Sorry Nutty but I have not hijacked anything, but as above and the title, you are impling that without losing there is no one on here.....true, but you were fishing and got a bite from Wiz.......

What is there to moan about as I have been saying for months, you have people who look at life with a half empty glass and when the worst happens and we lose they take it badley, same with the signing and anything they think as negative.

Then you have the glass half full, who will see the positives regardless of the negatives then there are the rest of us who watch the two sides on here dig at each other, like this thread was aimed at!

About time people on here were aloowed their opinions without being jumped on be it negative or positive, relevent or not, if you don''t like the thread then don''t post on it.

[/quote]

I have never jumped on anyone for having an opinion. However you are jumping all over this one because you don''t like my opinion. If you see me taking issue with another poster it will be because they have made something up or lied to give weight to that opinion. There is a difference and if you played the post instead of the poster you''d see it.

I see somehow this thread has become about LDC. How has that happened? Did someone with an agenda bring LDC into it? I will stand by each and everyone of my posts. If I have been hounding people then you should be able to link to it quite easily. If my posts have been constantly deleted as claimed then surely I''d be banned by now?

And Bury Yellow, you might not like my posts but I''m not going to change them because you''d like them to be different[:O][;)] I criticise plenty but usually in a reasoned way. On the legend thread you will see I criticised the hall of fame. I guess I didn''t do it all guns blazing saing the hall of fame was part of Delia''s dolls house so no one else could play with it. But I criticised it nonetheless.

And LDC.. you are a drama quenn. The only time I had a disagreement with you was when you got totally the wrong end of the stick and wouldn''t back down. You finally flounced off like a big girls blouse. The evidence is locked in this forum forever.

Now has anybody got any other suggestions why this forum is so quiet when we win? I think the truth lies somewhere between City1st''s thoughts and my own.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

I think you will find that it was only Wiz who missed you but then again he does give the impression that he posts on behalf of the masses.

[/quote]

If you debate on behalf of the masses, does that make you a......no, I''ll leave it.