Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Another game down & still 8 points clear of the bottom 3!

But Highland Canary has been predicting doom and gloom all season. Our first win was going to be Wigan at home and we''d be lucky to win that. Of course Highland could be right this time. After all there''s a first time for everything. or so they say...

Nutty, impressed by your encyclopedic recall of previous posts. We did beat Wigan but I was clearly somewhat more pessimistic than proved to be the case. Good job I don''t visit the bookies. Just to reassure you I''m still worried even at 18-1.

I shouldn''t think I remember even half of them. Go on, make my day and remind me of one where you thought we''d win or even might stay up[;)]

Actually HC, I think I overreacted a tad. You seem like quite a reasonable chap most of the time, but I find your neurotic & irrational obsession with our imminent & inevitable demise exasperating!

I''m sure you hope you''re as wrong as the rest of us do!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Nutty, impressed by your encyclopedic recall of previous posts. We did beat Wigan but I was clearly somewhat more pessimistic than proved to be the case. Good job I don''t visit the bookies. Just to reassure you I''m still worried even at 18-1.[/quote]

You are worried by the fact that bookies are taking far more bets (money) on other clubs being relegated than they are on us being relegated

What an odd life you must have

I''ve said this a few times but it bears repeating. At the end of our 10 match unbeaten run we were 10 points clear of The Zone. Since then we have the following record: P11 W1 D4 L6. Pretty poor by any standards and yet we are still 8 point clear of the bottom 3. This just illustrates how hugely we would have to cock up to end up going down. It''s not impossible but it''s highly highly unlikely.

I think that says it all, dpit. CruyffsTurn makes a similar argument that also shows how much the bottom teams would have to raise their game over the last 10 matches to overtake City. Another way of seeing it is that 8 points from the last 10 matches to reach 40 points isn''t a great ask and, IMO, none of the bottom four teams will get anywhere near 40 points.

If we replicate the last 10 games which we all agree was poor by what we can and should achieve that is 7 points.   39 is enough to stay up and enough to finish 15th.  Which will be good enough

I think we will bet 42 points and finish 12-14th

"39 is enough to stay up and enough to finish 15th. Which will be good enough"

my ar se it is !

We are one point off 10th place.

We fought to get to the top in League 1 and stayed there. We fought to get to a playoff place then an automatic promotion place in the Championship. Last season we fought to achieve 12th place. Now we are expected to doff our caps and sink to the ever so ''umble lttle ole norwich mentality of some of our fans. Dear me.

Some of us have witnessed some appalling surrenders on the last day of the season Fulham, Charlton. I don''t want to see Hughton wringing his cap after another defeat in April and claiming " tenf place h''aint for the likes hof hus guv''nor".

It''s the ruddy fans who lack ambition. Up and at ''em is what I say. If there''s talk of the bottom four making up that eight point gap (12 with QPR) then there should be talk about us making up the 8 poiint gap with Swansea and West Brom. 15th to 10th is £4m difference.  A hefty sum for a club like ours, so lets aim for it.

Get off you knees. We are here to suceed, not whinge and plead.

It is strange that for so many that single point gap is insummountable but an 8 point gap the other way is a likely scenario. I wish some of you would go work as odds compilers.

I liken a 6-8 point gap like that to a gam of footy when your team goes 2-0 up, you know 9 times out of ten the game has been won, but you never feel that comfortable.

The issue I have is not that we have lost to some big teams including this weekend, it''s the manner in which we have set up and lost. I mean if you play with a 6-3-1 formation which we appeared to do against united, it was always going to be a long afternoon. Maybe we should instill our home mentality away againt all clubs.

I think we are very safe, but agree with City1st we should be looking at the teams above us not below us. Every position gives us a bigger fund for the summer.

[quote user="Indy"]I think we are very safe[/quote]

We''re not safe yet.  It all boils down to the same thing - we have to

keep on picking up points.   If we don''t we will be caught up.  If we do

carry on picking up points we can consolidate our position mid table

and  in the last few weeks of the season look to get up a place or two

higher.