Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Another game down & still 8 points clear of the bottom 3!

Wigan are currently getting pummelled 4 - 0 at home by Liverpool.  Villa are unlikely to get anything against Man City tomorrow, but even if they do, we will still come out of this round of games 8 points clear of the bottom 3.

With only 10 games left to go we have nearly a point a game advantage on the final relegation spot![Y]

We also know that we have a lot to spend (certainly in terms of what we have ever had to spend before) in the summer, without even taking into account the extra TV revenue.  An exciting time ahead looking forward to several quality signings and further squad and first team improvement.

Lots of reasons to be cheerful

OTBC[:D][Y]

Don''t let the locals hear you being positive...

As I said on another thread we have more than enough winnable games coming up to get to 40 points. especially at home.

OTBC

We can''t be! Surely shum mishtake!

Howton can thank his lucky stars there''s so many bad sides this season. If it wasn''t for that we''d probably need another 20 points to be safe.

I expected nothing today but could have lost ground to Wigan, Southampton and Sunderland who could all well have picked up more than they have. Reading''s loss was expected and QPR''S win was probably a better result for us than a draw. Only poor result was West Hams win at Stoke.Just Villa to lose against Man City and its another game gone, no worrying injuries and still comfortably clear of trouble.

I agree, although 40 points will be more than enough to stay up.  24 points is the current cut-off with only 10 games left and several of the teams below have (on paper) a very difficult run-in.

Wigan will brush this defeat off because they are playing a much better team with much better players.

As for Villa, they will be defeated before the game starts, Lambert will compose a eulogy as to the superiority and virtues of the opposition which will prepare both his players and supporters to expect nothing. The game plan will see 11 Villa players behind the ball and the Villa supporters will take it lying down.

This is the natural course of things, except both these sides will survive and one side from the pack above will drop and take the final relegation place above Reading and QPR.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]Until Aston Villa win tomorrow [;)][/quote]

Will be difficult, since they are''nt playing until Monday.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Wigan will brush this defeat off because they are playing a much better team with much better players.

As for Villa, they will be defeated before the game starts, Lambert will compose a eulogy as to the superiority and virtues of the opposition which will prepare both his players and supporters to expect nothing. The game plan will see 11 Villa players behind the ball and the Villa supporters will take it lying down.

This is the natural course of things, except both these sides will survive and one side from the pack above will drop and take the final relegation place above Reading and QPR.

[/quote]Oh no they won''t.[;)]

QPR have an interesting run of games starting today which could save their season.

I hope they go on a good run because 12 points behind us they would take points off Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Wigan and later Reading  before being relegated by Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool.

It is understandable that we have and ontinue to be concerned about relegation. I suspect the end of the season will see us 8 to 10 points clear of the bottom 3 and ina nice lower mid table position. The win against Everton was invaluable both in terms of points and confidence. We may pick up the odd point or een a win in the remaining away games and a coupleof home wins from the last 5 should be achieved. All the talk about a 40 point target is well wide of the mark, mid 30s is more probable.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]Until Aston Villa win tomorrow [;)][/quote]

Even if Villa win (on Monday), we will still be 8 points clearof the bottom 3 as Wigan are on 24.

Even with theur win yesterday QPR are 12 behind us with only 10 to play no way can i see them catching u althugh i agree the bottom 5 or so its up for grabs and QPR have given themselves a chance

Highland Canary wrote:

"I still think QPR will stay up. Three of Reading, Southampton, Wigan and Norwich for the drop"

What the Hell is it with you? At what point will you admit there is an absolutely minimal chance of relegation?

Or, are you so determined to gratify your puffed up sense of self importance, your sneering belief in your encyclopaedic knowledge of how to play football, that you WANT it to happen??

Highland Canary wrote:

"I still think QPR will stay up. Three of Reading, Southampton, Wigan and Norwich for the drop"I cannot see Sunderland, Newcastle, Southampton, Wigan, Villa, Reading and QPR All turning their season around over the last few games. Norwich and all the others will continue to pick up something like a point a game, and with an 8 point head start we will be fine.

So lets play the Highland Canary''s game.

QPR to say up and go front of us they need 13 points and we cant get nothing. But for realism sake lets say we draw 3 and win 1, so they need 19 points.

So from 10 games they have they get these points:

Aston Villa 3

Sunderland 3

Fulham 3

Wigan 3

Everton 1

Stoke 1

Reading 3

Arsenal 0

Newcastle 1

Liverpool 1

That seems somewhat possible and they are now in 39 point ^^

Let''s see how well Aston Villa will do as they were sure survivors too with their talisman manager and new messiah Paul Lambert. We Norwich fans can be only jealous how beautiful football Villains play. They need 15 points for 39 and have to remember that QPR beat them.

Man City 0

Reading 3

QPR 0

Liverpool 1

Stoke 1

Fulham 3

ManU 0

Sunderland 3

Norwich 1

Chelsea 0

Wigan 3

Good for Aston Villa they are safe now.

So for a game sake lets think Wigan can drag themselves up and we, Southampton and Reading are going down.

So Wigan needs same 15 as Aston Villa and they lost for both QPR and Villa.

Everton 1

Newcastle 3

Norwich 3

QPR 0

Swansea 1

West Ham 3

Tottenham 1

WBA 3

Arsenal 0

Aston Villa 0

Now Highland Canary check the mirror and think how realistic those results are and if you seem them happening how the hell we wont get more than 6 points out of these fixtures.

Southampton

Sunderland

Wigan

Swansea

Arsenal

Reading

Stoke

Aston Villa

WBA

Man City

We have game against 5 of 7 teams below us and 3 of them home fixtures. From top 7 we have only Arsenal and Man City left.

I dont even want to go calculating how upper results would affect mid table and what fixtures likes Sunderland and Newcastle still have left.

[quote user="ricardo"]Where Highland Canary lives "it''s a dark and lonely place ye ken."[;)][/quote]He''s been saying we''ll go down for months now. He must be praying we do so he can be proved right. Does make you wonder where his allegiances lie though.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]Where Highland Canary lives "it''s a dark and lonely place ye ken."[;)][/quote]He''s been saying we''ll go down for months now. He must be praying we do so he can be proved right. Does make you wonder where his allegiances lie though.[/quote]

He''s nervously fingering the Ladbrookes betting slip that''s lodged in his sporran.

Apparently they can''t nick you for it.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]Where Highland Canary lives "it''s a dark and lonely place ye ken."[;)][/quote]

He''s been saying we''ll go down for months now. He must be praying we do so he can be proved right. Does make you wonder where his allegiances lie though.
[/quote]

He''s nervously fingering the Ladbrookes betting slip that''s lodged in his sporran.

Apparently they can''t nick you for it.
[/quote]

I just imagine him unable to sleep at night for fear of the asteroid which might hit his house the moent he shuts his eyes/.

A good indicator is the betting odds. Most bookies are happy to give 16/1 and have seven teams listed as more likely to go down. Bookies are rarely wrong...

So yes it is just possible but very unlikely now

Doh !

bookies are routinely ''wrong'' as their odds are a reflection of what money has been bet, NOT what they think is likely to happen - they would be out of business very quickly if they tried to do that

you would think in this day and age this fairly basic fact would be known and understood by anyone interested in football

For quite a while now the bottom 5 have been made up of QPR, Reading, Villa, Wigan, Southampton.  I think the relegated teams will come from those 5.

From the City perspective I won''t relax until we are mathematically safe.  But looking at it realistically, it''s very unlikely we''ll go down now.