Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 29

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 29 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have one of our threads greatest friends with NewYorkCanary in charge and making the final selections. Justin has been a huge asset to Rays Funds over the years. His support to me, even from so far away, has been invaluable. I finally met Justin at the Spurs game last season so there’s a real example of how these threads have united City fans across continents.

Justin is a very successful picker too and his name sits proudly in Rays line of fame. And this Saturday is Justin’s 40th birthday. So us PUPs can each give the present of our best selection to help him towards another win which I know would make his day. Dont forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website and played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

The U18s got through to the quarter finals of the FA Youth Cup last night. You PUPs can all be proud that the money we have presented has gone towards that success.

So now Ill hand the thread over to NewYorkCanary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... [B][^]Happy Birthday Justin[^][B] …Take it away buddy ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1932 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening Nutty,very goodluck to you Justin aka NewYorkCanary and to all you other PUPS out there.Let us all hope that this weekend we are celebrating a second win in two weeks.I trust you guys across the pond celebrate with a budweiser or something similar unlike our northern friend over here who celebrates with a dirty habit of pouring gravy over his what you call fries. [;)]

Anyway off to the land of the wooden shoes and a HOME WIN please for PSV v VVV Venlo.

Blimey i hope i got all those Vs in the right place.[:P]

Off to the Conference Premier this week

Mansfield v Telford - Home Win

Mansfield are 4th, top of the form table with 7 wins out of the last 8 and are 10-3-3 37-15 at home. Telford are bottom of the league and the form table (3 draws, 5 defeats in the last 8) and are 3-7-7 22-25 away.

Best of luck NYC (and Happy birthday for Saturday) and all you PUPs

League Two this week I think, and I quite fancy the Aldershot v Gillingham fixture - AWAY win please.  Aldershot have been as poor at home this season as Gillingham have been good away.  Aldershot have lost nine of 17 home fixtures, whilst Gillingham have won eleven out of 16 away games.  Here''s hoping anyway!!

Best of luck to all, especially NYC.

I was going to put the mockers on Man U but I will go to Germany instead.

Hoffenheim to lose to BAYERN MUNICH.

Good luck New Yoik and all PUPS.

This message board has it''s detractors, but for me personally it has enabled me to meet lots of different people and make new friends, some of them from the other side of the world. A perfect example is Justin. I had the great pleasure of meeting him personally earlier this month in New York, where he was the most gracious and welcoming host. I was amazed by his knowledge of not just Norwich City but all things football. He also managed to make me feel quite comfortable about drinking beer at half past seven in the morning.

I''d also just like to say it comes as a huge surprise to me that you are 40 Justin. I''d had you down as in your very early thirties [:D][:P]. Happy birthday!

So to the serious business of the PUPs thread. This week I think Kaiserslautern will beat Bochum in the Bundseliga.

Good luck Justin and say hello to the other New York Canaries for me.

Not sure you really understand the concept of this thread mate...

But anyhow, onto pressing matters..

Wolves vs Watford - Away win

Right, so following similar logic to my pick from last week, i''m going to the French Ligue 2, where Le Harve host Chateauroux. This is a 9th vs 12th game, but the away side are yet to win away from home. They have managed a few draws with a 0/6/7 record and a -10 GD. Le Harve have a fairly good home record for a mid table side, with 7/3/3 and have a +7 GD at home which is pretty good compared to their -1 overall... They are only just odds on at the moment at 4/5 so fairly good odds!

Le Harve vs Chateauroux- Home win!

Good luck :)

Portugal for me this weekend. Beira Mar sit at the bottom of the current form table (last 8) while Benfica sit top. Beira Mar W0 D2 L6 F5 A15. Benfica W6 D2 L0 F18 A6.

Beira Mar               v               Benfica               Away win.

Come on PUPs Nework needs those birthday presents[G]

Fiorentina to beat Chievo at home please, 6th versus 15th but goal differences are +14 and -16 respectively, and the odds are 4/9. Good luck NewYorkCanary, here''s hoping for 2 in a row and have a great birthday too.

Championship for me please. I think Blackburn will avenge their hammering by leicester last week to batter poor old posh at Eewood park who are sitting not so pretty at the foot of the table.Blackburn - home winGood luck all and happy big  4 0 to NYC.

Good luck Justin and Happy Birthday!Great to see so many different people picking lots of different selections instead of lumping on one or two favourites - there are lots of well considered picks too. I''m sure if we can keep this up it will help us in bashing Bet365.My Nap this week is in Austria, where I expect FC SALZBERG v Wiener (no sniggering please American friends!) Neustadt - HOME WINLeedscanary

I''m heading for the conference this week

Kidderminster (2nd) v Ebbsfleet (2nd bottom) - Home Win

Good luck all, especially NewYorkCanary

Good Luck NYC and all PUPs

Conference North - This will be a stonewaller, but the odds will be pants!!!

Hinckley (bottom with 3 points and a -81 GD) v Gainsborough (6th with 46 points and a +21 GD) - Away Win

Hope you have a great day Saturday Justin [^]

Many happy returns NYC!This week I like the look of BENFICA to beat Beira Mar away from home.Benfica away are 8-2-0 GD +17, Beira Mar at home are 1-5-3 GD -3.

FC KAISERSLAUTEN  -v-  VfL Bochum  HOME WIN

Kaiserslauten are 3rd in the German League 2 with a GD of +11 and Bochum are 13th with a GD 0f - 10.

Good Luck and Happy Birthday NYC [<:o)][^] and Good Luck all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

Gillingham to win at Aldershot for me, Cody has been scoring in a few games for them and theyve won quite a few away from home.

Good Luck NewYork and all pickers!

Also well done last week to Leeds Canary a great effort.

To Cyprus. AEL to win at home against Paphos. AEL are only fifth in the 14-team league, and their home record is a not very impressive 4-5-2 and 16/14. But they are in good form, and scoring loads of goals. While Paphos are bottom with a 2-2-7 and 10/27 away record, and have conceded 16 goals in their last five games. Moreover AEL need the points to try to qualify for the championship round, while Paphos are effectively relegated already. The current odds are 1/6, which probably fairly reflect recent form.

Good luck to all!