Sign in to follow this  
Bert sneakers

Poor Lambert and the bigger club

I think Villa are down. I can remember Forest and Man City putting in some fine performances - against us as well as most of their other opponents in seasons gone by - and still being relegated.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t know where Derby was, but we put in a really good show against Man C; but for crap reffing (their second) and bad luck (Bunn og), we''d have had a deserved something fom the game. Meanwhile they barely got properly going tonight but were rarely threatened.[/quote]

"Watching" on the radio?

[quote user="Wiz"]

I want Vill relegated, not because of The Holy One, but because of their mouthy, arrogant fans.

Lambert? I''d have him back here in a heartbeat.

[/quote]

or when trying to cosy up to those same mouthy, arrogant fans

"You will find out when you come down here (if you haven''t sacked him by then!) that my words came from most of the rank and file''s comments on their feelings towards this nasty piece of work." Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

well well 

here''s one for you all...Will Villa still be classed as a "Bigger" club should they go down...before you answer the media still refer to Leeds as a big club, Wolves too...Wolves could be in English Footballs 3rd tier next season. Leeds by no means a Premiership side... If Villa finish below Norwich for a 2nd successive season will they still be seen as bigger than us because of their "history"?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]here''s one for you all...

Will Villa still be classed as a "Bigger" club should they go down...

before you answer the media still refer to Leeds as a big club, Wolves too...

Wolves could be in English Footballs 3rd tier next season. Leeds by no means a Premiership side... If Villa finish below Norwich for a 2nd successive season will they still be seen as bigger than us because of their "history"?

[/quote]

Who cares how they are seen?

Paul Lambert: "We played well, but we were never going to win, Manchester City are in a different league to us."

Not just yet, Paul, not just yet.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Paul Lambert: "We played well, but we were never going to win, Manchester City are in a different league to us."

Not just yet, Paul, not just yet.[/quote]Pahh ha hahahaa! that did make me chuckle.

I just don''t get the anti-Lambert vitriol. I understand people''s frustration that he chose to leave us but surely such frustration is now tempered by the fact we have Hughton and team? I shudder to think which league - if any - we would currently be in without Lambert''s influence. We shouldn''t forget this easily or quickly.

I don''t get it either Highland. But I also don''t get your constant negativity. But I have learned to live with both[;)]

Really rate what Lambert did for us and memories like anhialating the binners in their backyard will stay with me forever. But having said that IF we happened to seal Villa''s relegation in May I''d be quite happy to see Bowkett in the director''s box pumping his fist towards the away dug out.

Nutty nigel

I don''t get it either Highland. But I also don''t get your constant negativity. But I have learned to live with both[;)]

Really rate what Lambert did for us and memories like anhialating the binners in their backyard will stay with me forever. But having said that IF we happened to seal Villa''s relegation in May I''d be quite happy to see Bowkett in the director''s box pumping his fist towards the away dug out.

Me ''an all