Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Outthought by Robson! Let's be ready for Hughes.

I suspect that the coaching staff geared the team for the usual battle of attrition against West Brom last week ( a couple of the players alluded to this), and hence they were caught offguard by the waves of good football unleashed by the Baggies. This is worrying, particularly since we couldn''t change gears throughout the match to cope. We looked almost punchdrunk. Outfootballed by the Baggies?? - something is seriously wrong.

Blackburn''s tactics under Hughes to date have been to (1) stop shipping goals and (2) to kick the hell out of the opposition.

We need to be physical & organised and earn the right to play; then get the ball down and play them off the park. Worthy''s almost forgotten mantra from last season.

We must be strong enough to impose ourselves - but with sufficiently astute and flexible tactics that we can change things in midstream if necessary. Did you see how strong & disciplined Chelsea had to be against Rovers last week?

Worthy also needs to indulge in some psychological tactics in the media beforehand, to ensure that the referee is strong, and not intimidated and harrassed during the match by the likes of Dickof, Savage et al.

A win against Blackburn could almost be more important than hat last weekover WBA as it would drag a fifth team fight back into the relegation battle  

OTBC.

[quote]I suspect that the coaching staff geared the team for the usual battle of attrition against West Brom last week ( a couple of the players alluded to this), and hence they were caught offguard by the w...[/quote]

Sparkie can outhink us as long as he likes, as long as we bloody win!.

Robson as you rightly say, outhought Worthy, and although West Brom looked good, they lost!.

Unless you can give Worthy the vast unlimited resources of Chelski, then I don''t care how we do it, just as long as we do.

Although I do believe our spirit and courage is better then theirs.

I believe the Savage one is doubtful for this game, and that would help us a lot.

But I would take a 1 nil, very lucky victory, playing our worst football of the season, right now, rather than an attractive and polished defeat any day. 

I am not convinced Robson out thought worthy at all.   Robson continued with his sides recent approach to games - solid central midfield pair feeding the creative wide players who get support from over lapping full backs - exactly what they did again on sat; predicatble to the extreme.

We did lose the battle on the pitch because worths chosen tactics - conceed the flanks by playing 3 in the middle and three up front - played to our opponents strengths rather than our own.  Hopefully we wont get a similar own goal on sat.

OTBC

I would disagree that Robson "Outthought" Worthy. Worthy made an error in formation in my mind.  I have two West Brom fans in my office and they have been telling me all season that their best players have been Gera & Greening, their wide midfielders.   Worthy playing a 3-man midfield was just a bad idea.  Robson went in playing the way the do all the time.

As for Blackburn, we need to get out of blocks fast and get them and most importantly, score first.  They have scored very few goals because they play quite defensively, so scoring first in this game is vital.

[quote]Sparkie can outhink us as long as he likes, as long as we bloody win!. Robson as you rightly say, outhought Worthy, and although West Brom looked good, they lost!. Unless you can give Worthy the vas...[/quote]

Don''t know about Savage being doubtful, but it would be handy if Dickov is not on the pitch.  I still remember his equaliser earlier in the season. If he plays he is certain to run Fleming and Doherty ragged.

With respect to Mr Hughes'' reaction to your comments -well done Worthy, you''re learning. Round 1 to you with respect to the psychological battle.

Now, all you & your coaching staff needs to do is to get the tactics right - and not to be afraid to change them early enough (in the first half) if things are not going right.

Good luck.

Just win!!!

OTBC.