Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Sir AF - blinded by the light

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Not a word about intent. And that definition of serious foul play, for which a straight red card is the punishment, perfectly fits the Nani foul.

[/quote]And a vast number of challenges made by goalkeepers coming out for the ball with their leading knee used aggressively at a dangerous height.

This has all become somewhat erudite and in places obtuse but seems to have lost sight of the original point.

Nani''s challenge was no better than Snoddy''s and Ferguson claims a red for Snoddy whilst being apparently astounded and speechless at the red for Nani.

Such shameless one eyed hypocrisy is why I don''t care whether the red is justifed because it is such rich justice either way.

For those pointing to similiar and reversed cards can I just add that Daryl Russell was sent off in league ! foer a high challenge when the player was behind him and that was not reversed on appeal.

Also anyone remember the admirals ''challenge'' on Becchio that left him out cold in mid air... If I remember rightly it wasn''t even a free kick.

The difference in the way PL refs and those in Europe run games is more and more often being shown to be quite big.

Good point.

The fact of the matter is, a Referee gives a decision based upon his opinion. We all see it differently, and have our own opinions.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]This has all become somewhat erudite and in places obtuse but seems to have lost sight of the original point.

Nani''s challenge was no better than Snoddy''s and Ferguson claims a red for Snoddy whilst being apparently astounded and speechless at the red for Nani.

Such shameless one eyed hypocrisy is why I don''t care whether the red is justifed because it is such rich justice either way.

[/quote]Exactly