Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

ticket prices

So wigan away and arsenal away are very cheap.£20 for wigan and I think it''s 25 for aresnal. So why can''t home games like Swansea be cheap? for adult it cost £35 for Swansea at home which is a lot when you think about it. Food drink bus. Come to about £50. I want the days back when it was like £1-£10 a ticket.

Ps my English is bad

Danny

We''d all love prices like that again. If only we could time travel back to the eighties.

It is all down to local issues and who we are - Wigan is always cheaper because they can''t get anywhere near to filling their ground; arsenal are charging low prices as we, like it or not, are not one of the bigger ''pulls'' in this league so it will be one of their lower category games. We, meanwhile, continue to sell out every home game, so it is difficult to say the pricing is ''wrong'' though we''d all like it cheaper.

I recall the days when it was a fiver to get in with a high degree of fondness, but not even non league games are that cheap any more.

One other point to remember is this, If we want to be in the top flight tier of football, we need to pay the price, tickets of £10 or £1 will never keep us afloat, Sorry to sound offish but thats the reallity of Premier league football, thats why I have a season ticket on HP, as why 11.000 others do too, This is a conversation that will never go away, And fans will always get the feeling of being conned,  

If Harry Redknapp had not gambled on Remy and Samba in January, QPR would have been able to have let every fan into the ground free for the next three and a half years and still would have been about £20,000,000 better off as those two players combined salaries alone exceeds the gross income from ticket sales at the club.  

Why is it of any concern what you bus fare costs ? Should City fans from London get even cheaper tickets. As to food no one is requiring you to buy that. The game last around 2 hours with breaks etc. People at work/school seem to be able to survive for that length of time without food.

As said above, the prices are determined by supply and demand. The is an excess of demand for casual tickets as the supply has been reduced as far as is ''legally'' allowed. When the demand falls (cup games) so the price falls.

That''s pretty much how it works in the rest of society so it is a bit silly trying to point the finger at the club as if they are doing something wrong or unfair.

Just saying Swansea are not a big team. Ticket should be 20-25 pounds. Football these days is about the £££ which is sad.

It matters little what size the team is (I think you mean club) it is about what people will pay.

As to it being about £££''s then perhaps you could tell us when it wasn''t - or was there some mythical age when you could get into Carrow Road for free ?

ps I expect you have the same complaints about the price of food or is that not all about £££''s as well ?

When you consider you''re paying £35 for 90 minutes it''s quite crazy.

That''s £24 an hour, 40p a minute.

I can''t really think of any other thing that''s so expensive for such a short time - apart from perhaps a Justin Bieber gig...

[quote user="Herman "]A prostitute?[/quote]

And going with a prostitute is rather like taking money out the bank, You lose all interest on withdrawells

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Well I''d like the Barclay to be 5/- for adults and 2/6d for under 18s.[/quote]

Ah.. but then it would be two bob in the riverend and sixpence left for a programme. But then your lordship didn''t have to worry about making 5 bob a fortnight last. Silver spoon and all that jazz....

[;)]

[quote user="DannyNCFC7"]I want the days back when it was like £1-£10 a ticket.

Ps my English is bad

Danny[/quote]Your English is world class next to your basic understanding of business.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I would presume that you would only need a prostitute for about 5-10 minutes...........[/quote]Nah, I only want to do it the once.

"it would be two bob in the riverend"

are we back to that prostitute stuff here, young master nutty ?

Firstly, this is not an attack on City, they are no more guilty in regards to this issue than any other football club.

I fell, head over heels in love with Norwich City in the late fifties, addmission to the River End was about 9d in old money I recall back then.

Now, I just cannot afford to watch City these days unless its a speciall treat from my family, but my love for them has not diminished one iota. So in an effort to retain a sense of belonging as a very small part of our great club I still keep my super membership going.

Although in a few fans eyes on here, maybe even in DM''s eyes too, I will always be labelled a ''lesser fan'' by them.

I cannot love another club, I''m already spoken for, but I and many others I fear are also being priced out too.

What say you?

[quote user="Zak Burger"]There''s already a current thread on ticket prices here: LINK
[/quote]

I didn''t spot that Zak, but its different from mine imo if you read it back again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Well I''d like the Barclay to be 5/- for adults and 2/6d for under 18s.[/quote]

Ah.. but then it would be two bob in the riverend and sixpence left for a programme. But then your lordship didn''t have to worry about making 5 bob a fortnight last. Silver spoon and all that jazz....

[;)]

[/quote]

Decided to trade in the Silver Spoon for Krugerands! [:D]

And  programs 1/- all that small change made the trousers very heavy and harder to jump up and down.