Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Please Mr Chris.....

Make the team get us out of our seats today and create an atmosphere. Its Southampton at home. A game we should be winning not setting out for a point. A win would guarantee our safety in my eyes. A draw would just frustrate most and keep us looking over our shoulder.

a draw would be fine today, and many, many users on here agree if you go through a thread.

should we win? yes.

if we draw should we be worried? not in the slightest. a point will be added to our current tally.

I would much rather we draw than ANY score loss that gives soton 3 points and closes the gap between the two of us to 2.

A draw wouldnt be the end of the world but we are well within our rights to be targeting 3 pts today. Its a mentality thing. Id much rather see us go for it as we could easily lose our next 4 games.A win would set us up nicely.This whole play safe thing is frustrating. We have failed to beat QPR/West Ham/a depleted Newcastle and a poor Fulham at home this year. Winning 2 of those would have made us safe!

3 points is a must today, I can''t understand how anyone could be happy with a point up against an average team. Last season we took maximum points out of our games against our fellow newly promoted teams which went along way to securing our survival.

easily lose the next four?

you''ve lost me a bit there.

but you are right, we should be winning a game like this. as you said, it''s a mentality thing. if you go on thinking ''Ifs &buts'' you''ll always be disappointed. whether it''s football or life.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]easily lose the next four?

you''ve lost me a bit there.

but you are right, we should be winning a game like this. as you said, it''s a mentality thing. if you go on thinking ''Ifs &buts'' you''ll always be disappointed. whether it''s football or life.[/quote]I meant the next 4 after this. Sunderland away, Wigan away, swansea home and arsenal away.Playing for a draw is dangerous esp against a tam that attacks. I remember going to Craven Cottage for a draw a few years back......It put me off plying safe for life haha

I got what you meant but I failed to understand how we can easily lose the next 3. I personally see us nicking a point or 3 from each. with arsenal being the obvious exception.

I fully expect an identical mindset to the Everton match ... 2 up front but a largely cautious and patient approach.

Interesting to see how Hoolahan is played.

Ah it''s the old "two up front is an attacking formation" idiocy again.How attacking is it if the other team back the midfield and starve off the supply? Not at all.How attacking is it if the opposition have good full backs who push up and starve the supply of crosses?  Not at all.How attacking is it if we have to put Wes on the left or on the bench to play two strikers?  Not at all.442 does not automatically = attacking play. 

[quote user="kellybrook"]Ah it''s the old "two up front is an attacking formation" idiocy again.How attacking is it if the other team back the midfield and starve off the supply? Not at all.How attacking is it if the opposition have good full backs who push up and starve the supply of crosses?  Not at all.How attacking is it if we have to put Wes on the left or on the bench to play two strikers?  Not at all.442 does not automatically = attacking play.  [/quote]It doesnt have to be 442. If for example the oppo does have good full backs, why not use our good wingers to push them back and restrict them?If the other team pack the mid and starve the supply, have a plan b and bypass it.Wes shouldnt be on the left. End of.

Please Chris can we have a boring 1-0 victory today which will edge to the verge of safety!

Believe me as much as anyone else I''d like the football to be more attack minded and feel we''ve dropped at least 6points at home through being negative but at the moment we''re 8 points from the bottom 3 and the longer that gap continues then eventually we''ll be safe and it will be job done!

Look at where Villa are now - That could of been us if he''d stayed!

Yes its more than likely we''d be worse of this season with the previous manager!

Why have I got an inkling that the Hoots might spring a few surprises with his selections for this afternoon, a la Lambert last season.

Sometimes with PL it seemed that he put the squad names in a hat and pulled out eleven tickets one hour before kick-off, so bizarre were his line-ups at times.

We always questioned them, but more often than not they seemed to come off.

Same for Hughton? Perhaps a surprise recall for Fox? Whittaker as defensive mf alongside Johnson? 

.......................................................................   Nah.

Moaning before the game, that''s novel. Nearly as novel as thinking we have some sort of divine right to beat Southampton. No doubt when the Saints fans perused the fixture list, Norwich (a) was one that they thought they could target points from.

However you dress it up, the way Hughton sets us up has us 8 points clear of the drop zone, he''s unlikely to sacrifice the methods that have got us into this position because a few fans are jealous of Swansea. Who we beat by the way. But I suppose they "lost pretty".

Some people just need to accept we do not have the type of player to play the free flowing attacking football we seem to crave. Southampton very much do and today is going to be a very tough game. Southampton will see lots of the ball and I can see carrow road becoming very frustrated. A draw today Is a positive result for sure.