Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Hughton "two strikers in the window"

On front page discussing 4-4-2 etc. He is quoted as saying we will buy two new strikers in the window.

So who will it be?

Still want Hooper? Someone from Europe or even further afield like Kei from US?

[quote user="Number 9"]On front page discussing 4-4-2 etc. He is quoted as saying we will buy two new strikers in the window. So who will it be? Still want Hooper? Someone from Europe or even further afield like Kei from US?[/quote]

You have misread the story.

Been discussed throughout the window, we will need to buy two strikers.

I don''t think kei will be part of that unless he shows it over the whole length of his loan terms.

Hooper for me, will not be a sure thing as if we stay up we should be looking across the spectrum. Europe is def our best option for value, hooper over January proved that.

If you''re referring to this story, Hughton is speaking in the past tense about the January transfer window.However, I would still expect him to bring in more attacking options in the summer if we retain our Premier League status.

i think its obvious Becchio is a holt replacement, and Kamara seems to be heading in the right direction for us so far...We need to add at least 2 more options to keep them under pressure for starting berths next season as well as holt.5 strikers would be good to go with, move Jacko and Chris Martinon... Much as we all Love Holty i think most fans will admit his time is coming, a bit part next season and a fare well the season after gives us enough time to phase in the right players for the future.

Supposedly we we''re very keen on signing Dieumerci Mbokani from Anderlecht last summer.

Maybe we''ll go back in for him.

...and He is awesome!

[quote user="Renskay"]Supposedly we we''re very keen on signing Dieumerci Mbokani from Anderlecht last summer.

Maybe we''ll go back in for him.

...and He is awesome![/quote]. i have a very limited knowledge of the French language, and want to keeep it that way, but isn''t the literal translation of "Dieumerci" -Thank God?[:S]