Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Has The Time Now Come To Follow This Model.

"I don''t give two hoots"

I dread to think how much you would post up if you did

"Hounding a fellow poster"

Hounding ? Oh dear, dearie me

[quote user="GMF"]

This thread reminds me why I rarely visit this messageboard these days.

Frankly, I don''t give two hoots whether Delia said back in 2009 that the Board of Directors admitted that none of them really understood football. They certainly admitted at the time that mistakes had been made. Hounding a fellow poster for a source of a quote is frankly ridiculous.

The fact is, the Club was at its lowest ebb for 50 years, everyone was (rightly) demanding change and the consequence of that was the appointment of David McNally at CEO.

Since then, under his leadership, the Club has progressed significantly from a £23M debt and the verge of Administration to (almost) the point of Premiership survival for a second season.

If some of our fans struggle to cope with the concept of the Club paying a salary and bonus structure of circa £1 million pa that David is now reaping the benefits of, just ask yourself this, back in 2009, when our beloved Club was on its knees, were you putting yourself forward to be the next CEO of NCFC? And if you did, do you really think you could have done the same job and acheived the same results as David has over the subsequent period? I suspect, with possibly one or two exceptions, the answers are "No" "no" and no" so why anyone should begrudge him his rewards is beyond belief.

As for the opening post, frankly, I couldn''t care less what that lot down the A140 are doing. They''re a different (inferior) league, different (superior) debt (£60M plus and rising) different share structure (87.5% by one individual) with a reclusive, non match attending owner. Why the "Donald duck" would we want to do or be anything like them?

[/quote]

Absolutely laughable post as City1st has pointed out.

The change being demanded was not the appointment of David McNally. The ultimate control of the club is in the same hands as it was back then in 2009. The same hands that were being demanded to change. The only people who called it right in 2009 were the club''s owners. Not their subsequent appointments and certainly not those demanding change on here.

"I don''t give two hoots" was used (no pun intended) rather than an expletive.

"Hounding a fellow poster" belittle as much as you like, there is certainly repeated requests for a source. That''s just my opinion.

err

none of that really makes sense or relates to the thread

no one has questioned the use of the words two hoots - I simply pointed out the contradition in the length of your post in relation to that claim

neither us anyone hounding anyone - it''s merely that if you base your argument around one claim then it is not unlikely that folk will ask for proof of that claim where it is (as it was) a contentious claim

continuing to put up that claim will naturally cause the same question in response .... that is not hounding, that is debate

as to "That''s just my opinion." well of course it is your opinion, it''s you that put it up on the thread !

What''s laughable about it Nutty? I''m confused and, at the same time, surprised by the nature of your reply.

The Club was at its lowest ebb for 50 years, that''s a fact. The fans were unhappy (that''s putting it mildly) at relegation and were demanding change. Some wanted a change of ownership, which was never likely to happen, others wanted changes to the day to day running of the Club and that meant the executive officers of the Club, namely Doncaster and Mumby, both of whom resigned shortly afterwards and had to be replaced.

At the same time there was widespread anger and disbelief (directed at both the owners and the Board) that Gunn was permitted to continue as manager. They (Delia & Michael) clearly didn''t get everything right back in 2009!

No-one had heard of David McNally before is appointment, so I''m surprised you think I was suggesting that anyone was demanding for his appointment? Clearly not, but someone was going to have to be appointed.

City1st

Does it really matter if Delia actually said something along the lines that McNally was brought in because no one on the Board understood football? Fact is Doncaster needed to be replaced folowing his resignation.

The OP questioned the relevance of McNally''s ongoing employment at NCFC in the context of both his salary and recent events down the A140. Perhaps you ought to consider that when questioning the relevance of my previous post, having regard also to the various posts by yourself and Nutty thoughout this thread? 

"something along the lines "

but it wasn''t ;something along the lines'', so stop try to shift the debate

it was a definite statement, which could not be verified nor was it known by anyone else

once it was disproved the whole argument pretty much fell apart, as with the previous old cobblers about McNally and the hotel

however I better stop or I shall be accused by a ''friend'' of yours of hounding you

ta ra

Joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones said

in a statement: “We are delighted to have secured the services

of someone of David''s calibre. His track record speaks for itself

and his experience, drive and ambition are just what is needed to

galvanise the club in these challenging times. We have interviewed

several people interested in the role and received applications

from many more, but David comes with the very highest of recommendations

within the game and he stood head and shoulders above the others

we spoke to. We are very excited about working with David and new

board directors who we will be announcing in the near future to

start a new era for this great club.”

McNally said: “It was the size of the club and knowing

what a fantastic fan base it has, with so many loyal supporters,

which were the main factors in me wanting to take up this challenge.

The club has so much potential and so many strengths and I''m excited

about working to help capitalise on that in the months and years

ahead. It was also the passion of the owners and directors in the

shape of Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger which

attracted me. It''s so important to have people at board level who

share passion for the football club and the directors here definitely

have it.Clearly promotion from League One is essential - everyone

in the football club needs to be focused on getting us back to the

Championship.Consolidation for a season is not something I would

be interested in and I sense I''m not alone in that. Of course, no

team has a divine right to promotion from any division but the fact

remains that the size of the club and its support demands a positive

attitude and a commitment to promotion as the objective. It''s about

sheer hard work from everyone at the club. That is what will give

us the best chance of achieving the objective we all share.”

And not a single word of that statement claimed that the board knew nothing about football management. In fact the appointment of Mcnally proved to show quite the opposite.

Just another devious conspiracy.

[quote user="GMF"]

What''s laughable about it Nutty? I''m confused and, at the same time, surprised by the nature of your reply.

The Club was at its lowest ebb for 50 years, that''s a fact. The fans were unhappy (that''s putting it mildly) at relegation and were demanding change. Some wanted a change of ownership, which was never likely to happen, others wanted changes to the day to day running of the Club and that meant the executive officers of the Club, namely Doncaster and Mumby, both of whom resigned shortly afterwards and had to be replaced.

At the same time there was widespread anger and disbelief (directed at both the owners and the Board) that Gunn was permitted to continue as manager. They (Delia & Michael) clearly didn''t get everything right back in 2009!

No-one had heard of David McNally before is appointment, so I''m surprised you think I was suggesting that anyone was demanding for his appointment? Clearly not, but someone was going to have to be appointed.

[/quote]

It''s laughable because it''s not ok to make stuff up and post it as a fact. Well it shouldn''t be ok. Making it ok seriously devalues this messageboard and all posters including you. Different opinions are what this place thrives on and long may that continue. Nobody was asking for a source for an opinion, that would also be laughable.

If you go back to 2009 not many people had heard of David McNally so obviously nobody was demanding his appointment. But it''s obvious that the owners had heard of him because they appointed him. Those same owners that so many fans didn''t want to appoint anyone. That''s the point I was making and a further point is that I bet those fans are glad the owners knew enough about football to find McNally and appoint him.

Thge nature of my reply was a reflection of the nature of your post GMF buddy. I didn''t intend to offend you anymore than you intended to offend me.

[quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

Why on earth are you surprised when it''s par for the course?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh the irony of this response by Bly. [:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mario Harpershite"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m not looking for any argument. I just think Pink Un folklore is distructive and if you wish to add to it then you should make sure of your facts.

Opinion is just that.

[/quote] I think you are wildly overstating the significance of ANYTHING that gets posted on this message board. Ha ha, pink un folklore is destructive?! And we wonder why so many people just come on here to take the piss![/quote]

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]As charming as this little exchange has been, I don''t think we''re in Dubai.... We''re in Abu Dhabi. Bit like saying you''d bump into someone in Edinburgh while you we''re visiting London. But don''t let''s any of us let that get in the way of getting angry and, you know, being really tough with people on the Internet who we''ve never met or are likely to meet.... And if we did meet we might just be a bit more reasonable and polite. Or else we might just get a smack round the chops.[/quote]

LOL

As far as I''m aware people stopped just coming on here to take the piss in April 2011. Haven''t seen hide nor hair of them since then. They still look though...

[/quote]

I''m sure you think you''ve made a really valid point but I''m not entirely sure what it is! If you''re insinuating I wouldn''t say this to your face then I can assure you I would have laughed at the phrase "pink un folklore is destructive" in person too.

You know, because it was laughable...

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh the irony of this response by Bly. [:''(]

[/quote]

Not a bad effort for you Plod, old chap.  [:S]

All the world loves a tryer.

One love.

OTBC

Thank goodness that Delia and MWJ re-appointed Gunn after they took us down to our lowest level for 50 years. Without that masterstroke we would never have got Lambert and the success that followed.