Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Has The Time Now Come To Follow This Model.

What about the code of conduct?

2. Keep to the topic of the original thread and do not post multiple threads on the same subject.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]What about the code of conduct? 2. Keep to the topic of the original thread and do not post multiple threads on the same subject.[/quote]

I''m sure Pete will let you have a turn to moderate if you sponsor his charity effort.

Have arrived in thread a tad late, but overall reaction to the quote at the beginning is you have got to be f*****g kidding me!

We get into the healthy commercial standing and relative financial comfort zone thanks, in no small part, to the efforts and knowledge of one man-and the thought is that the best way to maintain that is to wave him on his way and get rid?

Thats like not wearing your seat belt because you''ve never had a head on collison whilst you did wear them so surely they can go?

I assume that David McNally will choose to move onto pastures new and fresh challenges sooner or later -although thats not a given, the Norfolk bug might have bitten hard and he might be only to happy to get his gold watch with us-but I suggest if he is, we still look to keep him onboard and onside for as long as possible. Would anyone rather, for example, he ended up at Leeds?

Nigel: "I''m interested because I didn''t remember her saying it. If you heard her say it then I''m not going to call you a liar am I?"

Me "She definitely said this one. I doubt my quote was literal, but she made reference at some stage in 2009 or 2010 to their being a lack of football knowledge in the boardroom before McNally''s appointment"

Nigel: "I bailed as soon as Singup admitted he made it up"

Me: "I didn''t make it up"

Nigel: "Are you going to man up and tell us you made it up?"

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Nigel: "I''m interested because I didn''t remember her saying it. If you heard her say it then I''m not going to call you a liar am I?" Me "She definitely said this one. I doubt my quote was literal, but she made reference at some stage in 2009 or 2010 to their being a lack of football knowledge in the boardroom before McNally''s appointment" Nigel: "I bailed as soon as Singup admitted he made it up" Me: "I didn''t make it up" Nigel: "Are you going to man up and tell us you made it up?"[/quote]

There was a clear acknowledgement by the NCFC board during the selection process for at least two of Grant, Roeder and Gunn, that there was uginsufficient detailed football knowledge at board and CEO level. That''s why Dave Stringer was brought in as an integral part of the process. That same football knowledge deficit was still around when the time came around to relace Gunn. I would imagine that is why Delia consulted Roy Hodgson who as I recall recommended McNally who very happily for us happened to be available at that time.

Now it must be pretty obvious to one and all (of good will) that my paragraph above more or less tells the story. Following on from this it seems pretty clear that the burden of proof should be on nutty nigel to prove that this was not the scenario - rather than the other way around.

[C]

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Nigel: "I''m interested because I didn''t remember her saying it. If you heard her say it then I''m not going to call you a liar am I?" Me "She definitely said this one. I doubt my quote was literal, but she made reference at some stage in 2009 or 2010 to their being a lack of football knowledge in the boardroom before McNally''s appointment" Nigel: "I bailed as soon as Singup admitted he made it up" Me: "I didn''t make it up" Nigel: "Are you going to man up and tell us you made it up?"[/quote]

There was a clear acknowledgement by the NCFC board during the selection process for at least two of Grant, Roeder and Gunn, that there was uginsufficient detailed football knowledge at board and CEO level. That''s why Dave Stringer was brought in as an integral part of the process. That same football knowledge deficit was still around when the time came around to relace Gunn. I would imagine that is why Delia consulted Roy Hodgson who as I recall recommended McNally who very happily for us happened to be available at that time.

Now it must be pretty obvious to one and all (of good will) that my paragraph above more or less tells the story. Following on from this it seems pretty clear that the burden of proof should be on nutty nigel to prove that this was not the scenario - rather than the other way around.

[C]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

If I had stated that wasn''t the case then you may have a point. So I suggest you get in the queue with singup for the opportunity to put the ball in my court. In the meantime your googling skills have never been more needed...

Now how did my paragraphs disappear? Weird.

Anyway, off to watch the ManU vs RMadrid match.

OTBC

[/quote]

They were probably secondary modern paragraphs..

Of course it''s entirely possible that one deprived of office and influence under the Bowkett/McNally regime might be quietly stewing ...................... and may finally have decided to test the waters to see if any traction can be generated for a McNally Out campaign along the lines of that ''successful'' Chase Out campaign of the mid-90s. At the heart of both these matters, of course is/was money and the value of services rendered.

It was Walphy the warrior I believe, who coined the acronym COR to describe some  leaders of the now defunct NCISA (or nCiSA according to nutty nigel) - as Chase Out Remnants. One hopes that there will be no need to disturb his retirement.

Anyway, most reckon that McNally has already pre-empted anything along these lines that may be tried. Game, set and match to Delia & Michael and their officer crew.

Onwards and upwards with Bowkett/Mcnally/Hughton!!! [:D]

One love; and be assured that The World and his Wife are watching.[;)]

OTBC

[/quote].

In the absence of being able to google your theory Bly............

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/phpworkshop/FishingWithRod.jpg[/IMG]

Now my paragraphs have re-appeared in Til''s quote of my post within his latest post on this thread!!

That''s more than passing weird - unless of course secondary modern paragraphs have a life of their own - which I wouuldn''t know about. Neither Til, he''s a grammar man.

Nigel? Over to you, old chap.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m not looking for any argument. I just think Pink Un folklore is distructive and if you wish to add to it then you should make sure of your facts.

Opinion is just that.

[/quote]

I think you are wildly overstating the significance of ANYTHING that gets posted on this message board.

Ha ha, pink un folklore is destructive?! And we wonder why so many people just come on here to take the piss!

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m not looking for any argument. I just think Pink Un folklore is distructive and if you wish to add to it then you should make sure of your facts.

Opinion is just that.

[/quote] I think you are wildly overstating the significance of ANYTHING that gets posted on this message board. Ha ha, pink un folklore is destructive?! And we wonder why so many people just come on here to take the piss![/quote]

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]As charming as this little exchange has been, I don''t think we''re in Dubai.... We''re in Abu Dhabi. Bit like saying you''d bump into someone in Edinburgh while you we''re visiting London. But don''t let''s any of us let that get in the way of getting angry and, you know, being really tough with people on the Internet who we''ve never met or are likely to meet.... And if we did meet we might just be a bit more reasonable and polite. Or else we might just get a smack round the chops.[/quote]

LOL

As far as I''m aware people stopped just coming on here to take the piss in April 2011. Haven''t seen hide nor hair of them since then. They still look though...

This thread reminds me why I rarely visit this messageboard these days.

Frankly, I don''t give two hoots whether Delia said back in 2009 that the Board of Directors admitted that none of them really understood football. They certainly admitted at the time that mistakes had been made. Hounding a fellow poster for a source of a quote is frankly ridiculous.

The fact is, the Club was at its lowest ebb for 50 years, everyone was (rightly) demanding change and the consequence of that was the appointment of David McNally at CEO.

Since then, under his leadership, the Club has progressed significantly from a £23M debt and the verge of Administration to (almost) the point of Premiership survival for a second season.

If some of our fans struggle to cope with the concept of the Club paying a salary and bonus structure of circa £1 million pa that David is now reaping the benefits of, just ask yourself this, back in 2009, when our beloved Club was on its knees, were you putting yourself forward to be the next CEO of NCFC? And if you did, do you really think you could have done the same job and acheived the same results as David has over the subsequent period? I suspect, with possibly one or two exceptions, the answers are "No" "no" and no" so why anyone should begrudge him his rewards is beyond belief.

As for the opening post, frankly, I couldn''t care less what that lot down the A140 are doing. They''re a different (inferior) league, different (superior) debt (£60M plus and rising) different share structure (87.5% by one individual) with a reclusive, non match attending owner. Why the "Donald duck" would we want to do or be anything like them?