Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Has The Time Now Come To Follow This Model.

you posting up some baseless claim then having to backtrack

...................there is a simple solution to that

I''m not backtracking on anything. Are you getting bored of Wiz?

We''ve already had one poster claim to be familiar with a similar statement.

"I''m not backtracking on anything. Are you getting bored of Wiz?

We''ve already had one poster claim to be familiar with a similar statement."

Woah calm down there.

He has a point, use sources to back your point up. Lest we descend into the good old NCFC mythos...

So before I say anything online, ever, I have to ensure that an article or video exists online? Really? So forum posters should be held to National Union of Journalists standards?

It is extremely difficult to find articles relating to Norwich City online, because the three biggest news sources do not archive them past a year or so.

Perhaps City1st could prove that these statements have not been made.

"Perhaps City1st could prove that these statements have not been made"

err, I think the onus is on you (in this case) to substantiate your claim so stop being silly

and the question is about one specific point, what Delia said with regard to McNally and the previous board, that''s all

At the moment all you are doing is making yourself look even sillier by the minute with talk of "before I say anything online, ever"

ever ?

dear me

Just to give you an idea of the task that I am being asked to complete, if I conduct this Google search:

"delia" "football knowledge"

I get 1990 search results.

If I conduct this Google search:

site:pinkun.com "delia" "knowledge"

I get 7410 search results.

I propose that rather than ask me to find evidence that she has said something along these lines, City1st or Nutty Nigel go through all 9400 search results.

City1st seems to have no issue going through every search result on the net for the term ''Wiz'' to find evidence from 2005, that doesn''t mean that I am willing to spend hundreds of hours of my life doing the same.

"err, I think the onus is on you (in this case) to substantiate your claim so stop being silly"

So this is a "case", and the ''duty and responsibility'' is on me to "substantiate my claim". Are you purporting to be some sort of authority with statutory powers? If I get a court summons or a subpoena I will build my "case". A

"and the question is about one specific point, what Delia said with regard to McNally and the previous board, that''s all"

I''ll even add another claim. Mumby also said that he didn''t know much about football. So there is two claims that I am unable/unwilling to substantiate.

"At the moment all you are doing is making yourself look even sillier by the minute"

Hopefully I will begin to frustrate you a little bit more every minute too.

which toughly translates as '' no I have no proof whatsoever of my claim ''

You are also wrong, I do have issue ... however they are grown up now

ps perhaps others who are also grown up could explain to you that you do not need go "through every search result on the net" you simply put in the relevant words on the pinkun search engine and that comes up with the results in a matter of seconds, (less on my home computer) - the clue is when searching for something posted on the pinkun forum it is probably best to search the pinkun forum, so it''s not really "hundreds of hours" or hundreds of seconds come to that, maybe 20 or 30 seconds perhaps at the most

which is far more time than I wish to spend reading any more of your over excitable and highly excagerated rants, so

ta ra

Perhaps could explain to you that this:

site:pinkun.com "delia" "knowledge"

Is a Google search for all posts on the PinkUn site which contain both of the words "delia" and "knowledge".

And there are over 7000 of them.

Ta ra.

Dear oh dear. I fear you will regret this City1st. I bailed as soon as Singup admitted he made it up. Or as much of an admissiion as you''re likely to get from him.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I haven''t attempted a search, and neither will I be.[/quote]

This is the second time that I have mistaken you for another poster, do you have a twin brother?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I''m not backtracking on anything. Are you getting bored of Wiz? We''ve already had one poster claim to be familiar with a similar statement.[/quote]

Save your breath singup, I have............just leave him/pussy boy to prattle on, I do.

Looks like back up has arrived.Time for a comfy chair and popcorn before Peter The Deleter gets to work on this thread. [:D]

Wow, so we all have to substantiate claims with evidence now, what has come over some posters!
I wouldn''t usually stick up for Signup but why are people doubting his claims here, they make logical sense. if you look at our board of directors not one of them has the knowledge and experience in football which compares with McNally, a once Arsenal target and huge success at Fulham.
I did a very brief search and this was the only result i have opened, but it makes reference to Hodgson and O''Neil both recommending McNally to Delia and it quotes Delia as saying we need someone with the relevant football expertise.
http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2009/06/12/mcnally-signs-in-with-the-o-neill-and-hodgson-seal-of-approval-a-new-era-starts-here-says-the-board/

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2009/06/12/mcnally-signs-in-with-the-o-neill-and-hodgson-seal-of-approval-a-new-era-starts-here-says-the-board/

Thank you, here''s a clickable link Pricey.

Nowhere does it say or even suggest that "McNally was brought in after the board of directors admitted that none of them really understood football." I don''t believe this was ever said because I believe the opposite and that Delia & MWJ have a reputation of being "proper football owners" inside the game. In fact their time at Norwich makes them hugely experienced owners who have steered the club through some of footballs most difficult years. Bearing this in mind I would suggest the opposite of Singup''s statement would be the truth.

I have to say i have no opinion either way as to what Delia said and don''t see why it matters, except for the sake of the argument in this thread. My point above was I only clicked one link and got those answers, although not directly answering the question i think you can read them as perhaps suggesting we needed someone with a greater knowledge within the game. 
I think your quote above goes far beyond what Signup was claiming (unless that is a direct quote, i haven''t checked), he was simply claiming that Delia realized that our chief executive had to be someone with greater experience and knowledge on how to run a football club in this day and age. Judging from what happened before he came here, it doesn''t seem like the board didn''t have a clue how to run a club, weeks away from administration doesn''t lead me to think the board of directors did have the suitable skill and knowledge and that lead to some very poor decisions in the not so distant pass. 
While i agree with you NN that Delia and MWJ obviously have the relevant football expertise due to their time in ownership, neither of them and perhaps none of the remaining board members had the relevant skill set to run a club in this modern era of football wealth.
McNally, it appears, is well known among the football executive world and it was a real coup bringing him in. In response to the OP, if he is earning a million pounds every year we stay in the prem i have no issues with this, in fact it seems relatively low considering the wages of the players. In my eyes McNally has done as much as any player or manager over the last 4 years, if not more, and quite possibly deserves to be the highest earner at the club

Of course it''s entirely possible that one deprived of office and influence under the Bowkett/McNally regime might be quietly stewing ...................... and may finally have decided to test the waters to see if any traction can be generated for a McNally Out campaign along the lines of that ''successful'' Chase Out campaign of the mid-90s. At the heart of both these matters, of course is/was money and the value of services rendered.

It was Walphy the warrior I believe, who coined the acronym COR to describe some  leaders of the now defunct NCISA (or nCiSA according to nutty nigel) - as Chase Out Remnants. One hopes that there will be no need to disturb his retirement.

Anyway, most reckon that McNally has already pre-empted anything along these lines that may be tried. Game, set and match to Delia & Michael and their officer crew.

Onwards and upwards with Bowkett/Mcnally/Hughton!!! [:D]

One love; and be assured that The World and his Wife are watching.[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="priceyrice"]I have to say i have no opinion either way as to what Delia said and don''t see why it matters, except for the sake of the argument in this thread. My point above was I only clicked one link and got those answers, although not directly answering the question i think you can read them as perhaps suggesting we needed someone with a greater knowledge within the game. 

I think your quote above goes far beyond what Signup was claiming (unless that is a direct quote, i haven''t checked), he was simply claiming that Delia realized that our chief executive had to be someone with greater experience and knowledge on how to run a football club in this day and age. Judging from what happened before he came here, it doesn''t seem like the board didn''t have a clue how to run a club, weeks away from administration doesn''t lead me to think the board of directors did have the suitable skill and knowledge and that lead to some very poor decisions in the not so distant pass. 

While i agree with you NN that Delia and MWJ obviously have the relevant football expertise due to their time in ownership, neither of them and perhaps none of the remaining board members had the relevant skill set to run a club in this modern era of football wealth.

McNally, it appears, is well known among the football executive world and it was a real coup bringing him in. In response to the OP, if he is earning a million pounds every year we stay in the prem i have no issues with this, in fact it seems relatively low considering the wages of the players. In my eyes McNally has done as much as any player or manager over the last 4 years, if not more, and quite possibly deserves to be the highest earner at the club

[/quote]

Well we''llo have to disagree Pricey. Because I think it matters hugely. I think people should be responsible for what theyt post on here. Opinion is opinion and as along as it''s not against forum rules it shouldn''t matter a jot what it is. If Singup had said that his opinion was that the board knew nothing about football I obviously wouldn''t have asked for a source. But to use something that can''t be substantiated to back that opinion up is a completely different thing entirely. I''m surprised you can''t see that.

Now what quote have I made that you are referring to?

Back on topic.... do you believe that we should get rid of McNally and adopt the so called ''Ipswich model''?

Because you have yet to address the original post, and are therefore doing everything that you can to take this thread off course.

I''ve said what I think: "McNally is an essential ingredient in my opinion"

Now do you have anything to add to the topic at hand, or are you just here to involve yourself in argument?

I think Norfolkchance1''s link is very interesting. I would think that Neil Doncaster knows more about running a football club than any of the posters on this thread. I would add to that statement that I would think Neil Doncaster''s present employers know more about football than any of the posters on this thread. Go figure...

This is of course my opoinion and I have nothing with which to back it up. But then I haven''t looked.

I would also suggest that it''s not argument to challenge something stated as a fact but made up. It would be argument to challenge opinion.

My opinion is that the op is firmly tongue in cheek. I would not follow the ioswich model on anything they have done in the last 10 years. They are a complete basket case of a club.

To enlarge on my opinion I believe that McNally is an important part of what we have now and our success since 2009. Bowkett, Lambert and Holt have also played a massive part in the incredible success 2009-2013. But the most important people are the clubs owners who have been responsible for all those people amd much more besides.

"My opinion is that the op is firmly tongue in cheek"

I wasn''t so sure, but it remains unknown.

"They are a complete basket case of a club"

Agreed, but it''s fun watching them suffer.

"Bowkett, Lambert and Holt have also played a massive part in the incredible success 2009-2013"

Agreed, only if we are having Holt we should be adding a few other players to the equation, as well as Culverhouse and Karsa. We can also add the fans to the equation, especially the people who committed to season tickets at such an uncertain and depressing time, and especially those who gave up their rebate. And you can''t forget Foulger, who pumped a high six figure sum into the club at the same time. We can even thank the major creditor who gave us a payment holiday. It would be a very long Oscars speech.

"But the most important people are the clubs owners who have been responsible for all those people amd much more besides"

Never been anti-Delia or too quick to become envious when shady low profile foreign investors promise huge investment in other clubs with dirty money or in some cases non-existent money, so if you are looking for an anti-Delia argument then you are looking in the wrong place.

I''m not looking for any argument. I just think Pink Un folklore is distructive and if you wish to add to it then you should make sure of your facts.

Opinion is just that.